I THINK i finally know what the next DB game MIGHT be...

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: I THINK i finally know what the next DB game MIGHT be...

Post by emperior » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:43 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
sintzu wrote:If CC2 are working on a DB game then it could be like their Naruto games where there's an open world to play in between fights and the story is told in a cinimatic way. This has been a dream game for me for the longest time so hopefully you're right. If you just got done making Naruto games then DB is the next best thing so fingers and everything else crossed that it happens.

If this is ture then we'll have 3 high caliber developers working on DB which will give everyone involved more time to work and make the best game possible.
emperior wrote:The game you described is almost exactly how I envision the perfect Dragon Ball RPG game, but unfortunately it seems we are still very far away from getting a AAA Dragon Ball game like that. Sure, we got FighterZ but content wise the game is very much only focused on the PvP aspect and the gameplay and graphics is what have gotten all the focus from ArcSys - although they perfectly delivered at that.

CyberConnect 2 being the developers for the next game gives me hope though, I always wanted to see them developing a DB game and I remember enjoying Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm quite a lot despite not even being a Naruto fan.
If they can make a DB game with the simple anime style graphics of their Naruto games, that would already be nice. As for the story mode, I would love to see the game being open world, similar to Ultimate Ninja Storm but without the linear story and with a big and open map. I remember the first NUNS (the only one I played) having a city which could have been freely explored, and some battles seamlessly happened in the city. That's exactly what I would like to see, but on a larger scale. The world being similar to the Legacy of Goku games in which there were no barriers like you said would really be nice to see. Actually, I would love to see the game sharing many similarities with the LoG games.

The first leak was talking about the game being set only before the events of Dragon Ball Z. That would be cool, I guess, and that was probably decided to keep the fights on the ground. Although I would probably prefer to see this game covering all the original manga and possibly Super too, but that may be too much to ask at the moment.
I honestly hope all this info is right too. An open-world db game is long over due but i guess people were too afraid to make one after Dragon Ball Sagas. Cyberconnect2 is pretty hype. I love their “close to anime” graphics and powerful cinematic cutscenes. It really makes sense as to why, the My hero Academia fandom (me included) wanted them to be the developers of the My Hero Academia game. But working on a DB game is just as good. I’n hoping for the best and we might know soon with E3 around the corner.
I really want to see a new Dragon Ball game at E3, and I want that game to be exactly this rumored open world game by Cyberconnect2.
FighterZ is an awesome competitive 2D fighter, Legends has been a pleasant suprise, we have an interesting Heroes anime starting on July and an awesome movie set to release on December, possibly worldwide. This new game would be just the cherry on the cake to make 2018 the uncontested best year ever to be a Dragon Ball fan.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:48 am

E3 is still going but Bandai Namco has already announced some games during the Microsoft panel. Does this mean that if a Dragon Ball game is in the works, it won't be announced at E3? If I remember correctly FighterZ too was announced during the Microsoft panel, unless things have changed and DB games are now by Sony's side, which would make more sense considering how Japanese prefer the PS4 and how FighterZ tournaments are held on the PS4.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:11 pm

I'm pretty sure FighterZ is our DB game of 2018. I doubt we will get another big title on the consoles and PC this year.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm pretty sure FighterZ is our DB game of 2018. I doubt we will get another big title on the consoles and PC this year.
Or Jump Force.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"