Why won't Dimps add more awoken skills? THREAD

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Why won't Dimps add more awoken skills? THREAD

Post by Phozz » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:23 am

(I'm not expecting anyone to know the exact answer to this. I'm trying to spark conversation) Is it too difficult and time consuming? Are they just lazy? With additional DLC characters confirmed, It's safe to assume that Toppo is going to make it into the roster and I know that everyone is hoping for some God of Destruction action. We can only wish that Dimps will change their tradition of not adding transformations to characters (such as Zarbon, Bojack, Android 13, Broly [Base and SSJ form], Rage Trunks, Slug and Piccolo) so both regular Toppo fans and GoD Toppo fans can get their fill. It just makes the characters feel so naked. Yeah, some would take time to create, but most of them would be stupidly easy to implement. Transformed Zarbon? Appearance change and damage boost. Full power Bojack? Appearance change and damage boost. Android 13? Appearance change and damage boost. Rage Trunks? Appearance change and damage boost (This is especially annoying since his model is already in the game). Slug and Piccolo? LITERALLY JUST GIVE THEM TURN GIANT (A transformation that is already in the game)! As for Base form and SSJ Broly and GoD Toppo (assuming they aren't putting him in) Yes, they would have to change their movesets a tiny bit, but is it that hard?! Give base and SSJ Broly LSSJ Broly's moveset, but make them move slightly faster and do less damage. BOOM. DONE. Give GoD Toppo ki drain (like SSB for CaC), damage boost, a slightly altered moveset and give him hakai energy for his charged ki-blast. BOOM. DONE. Am I being too needy?

Logania
Regular

Re: Why won't Dimps add more awoken skills? THREAD

Post by Logania » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:32 pm

No, you're not being needy. Transformations for a lot of characters are beneficial, with movie villains being the strongest case.

They have Hit using his Pure Progress awakening skill, that's only for him and it's awesome. But besides him and Goku Blue, I don't think any other character has specific transformations in this series.

Why the hell do paid DLC movie characters like Bojack and Android 13 not have their transformations? The forms they're known most as? Why doesnt Lord Slug have a transformation thats already in the game? Why doesn't Trunks have Super Saiyan Rage, the form he has in Story Mode already?? Because that's too much work for them. Lets just give you the bare minimum.

Hopefully in Xenoverse 3, they give everybody actual transformations. Or if they don't want transformations, just make them separate slots like they did for Freeza, Cell, Cooler, Goku, Vegeta. They're not shy on this concept, might as well just keep doing it.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:57 am

I think the big issue with awoken skills is balancing. Modders can go in and make custom LSSJ forms or add everything from SSJ to UI, but they don't have to really factor in the boosts and bonuses. Granted, I feel if they kept everything at a percentage increase it would be plausible for a variety of transformations.

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:38 am

Logania wrote:No, you're not being needy. Transformations for a lot of characters are beneficial, with movie villains being the strongest case.

They have Hit using his Pure Progress awakening skill, that's only for him and it's awesome. But besides him and Goku Blue, I don't think any other character has specific transformations in this series.

Why the hell do paid DLC movie characters like Bojack and Android 13 not have their transformations? The forms they're known most as? Why doesnt Lord Slug have a transformation thats already in the game? Why doesn't Trunks have Super Saiyan Rage, the form he has in Story Mode already?? Because that's too much work for them. Lets just give you the bare minimum.

Hopefully in Xenoverse 3, they give everybody actual transformations. Or if they don't want transformations, just make them separate slots like they did for Freeza, Cell, Cooler, Goku, Vegeta. They're not shy on this concept, might as well just keep doing it.
Ok good I thought I sounded a bit entitled by asking this. Hopefully XV3 fixes this. I was thinking maybe it's budget? I doubt it, but hey they must have an excuse for this right? I hope.

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:43 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:I think the big issue with awoken skills is balancing. Modders can go in and make custom LSSJ forms or add everything from SSJ to UI, but they don't have to really factor in the boosts and bonuses. Granted, I feel if they kept everything at a percentage increase it would be plausible for a variety of transformations.
Exactly. If every transformation added an approximate 15% damage increase then balance wouldn't be an issue. Hell, some characters *cough Zarbon* *cough Bojack* desperately need these transformation buffs

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Most of the transformations of original characters are treated as separate characters, like with the SSB and SS4 versions of Goku and Vegeta. I understand why they went that route, although seeing them transform before the fight would be cool. As for why Bojack and Android 13 didn't have their transformed states, their base forms are more memorable, I think, but I wouldn't be surprised if their transformed states were new characters in XV3. What I really don't understand is why there are no variants of Piccolo or Slug with their giant forms. I know the transformation is useless, but I thought Slug would have it for sure.