"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Quebaz » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:26 pm

Bullza wrote:
Quebaz wrote:No it didn't. People knew what to expect out of it by that first trailer and initial E3 videos, a 2D Fighter with DBZ characters. It hyped everyone up.

Meanwhile Jump Force just looks like a bleaker J-Stars, which plenty of people didn't enjoy the gameplay of, so these gameplay videos where characters can't even connect a full combo won't convince anyone.
It still just looked like a flashy button masher.

Jump Force is going for a different look by having the characters in our world, giving it a more realistic appearance which is of course very different from other games of late. If they all look the same then that's just as boring.

The game play won't be that good because anime games usually aren't but at least it's something different.
Not to anyone who's fan of the genre it didn't, and if it did the first few gameplay videos from E3 disproved that immediately. Everyone was making Marvel Vs Capcom comparisons day one and people who were playing it at the booth were trying to understand what was going on.

Hell you can check Kanzenshuu's own thread where everyone besides you was excited with what they saw.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:44 pm

The original game was not the best but it was a fun way to kill time and I got to see a bunch of cool and weird new characters... Then completely dominate them with the power of Dragon Ball!!!

My main team was Frieza, Raoh and Akainu but I'm hoping for more villains. Fingers crossed for Dio Brando as I think he'd make a good partner for Frieza and either Dolflamindo or Black Beard from One Piece.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:25 pm

My gripes/hopes:

1. More in-depth gameplay system. Its going to have J-Stars as its foundation but i hope it can build off of that.

2. The animation looks kinda weird and choppy (if thats the right word). When getting hit, the animation of the character getting hit doesn’t look natural. Does anyone know what i mean? Or when the characters are just moving around in general. For example, when Goku was back flipping, it looked like a few animation frames were missing in that animation sequence. Basically, the way they movie is unnatural. Please fix it.

3. Models are too static and stiff. Goku already looks weird in the realistic style but now he just looks like an action figure. His base form hair looks plastic. Maybe re-texture his hair to just be pure black and give it a flowing animation as if it was flowing in the wind. Only certain anime can pull off the realistic look. Naruto does it the best out of the 3 anime showcased. So i guess, tone down the whole realistic look for Goku and Luffy too so that they still fit in the world but look less weird. So, maybe how Goku looks in Zenkai Battle Royale. Or just like how he looked in J-Stars Victory Vs.

4. Have a voting poll on the jump force website for voting for characters we want just like how J-Stars Victory Vs had it.

5. Have loads of unique dialogue between characters.

6. I hope everyone doesn’t knock the game just yet and waits until all the news is out before making a final decision
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:38 pm

This reminds me of the DBZ game that used the Unreal Engine. I like it but I just hope they had a ton more characters.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:44 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Can someone tell me why Naruto and Luffy get their most recent forms but Goku is always stuck at SSJ with no Blue or UI and Freeza doesn’t have Golden? Please tell me that will change in the finale product.
It's entirely possible they'll appear, but they'll also likely be going with the most iconic looks/forms for characters, as well as maybe sticking to things from the original manga runs of series. So stuff like Naruto's final form (from his 'Shippuden' era age rather than his adult 'Boruto' era age) will probably be in, but stuff like Super Saiyan Blue, Golden Frieza, and Ultra Instinct, could be left out since they originate from animated versions of Dragon Ball rather than the original manga.

Speaking of Dragon Ball's inclusion in the game though, any bets on who might get added to the roster? I'm only betting on two more faces from Dragon Ball personally - one new hero, and probably another villain. Maybe Piccolo and...hmm...Cell's probably a likely option.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Can someone tell me why Naruto and Luffy get their most recent forms but Goku is always stuck at SSJ with no Blue or UI and Freeza doesn’t have Golden? Please tell me that will change in the finale product.
It's entirely possible they'll appear, but they'll also likely be going with the most iconic looks/forms for characters, as well as maybe sticking to things from the original manga runs of series. So stuff like Naruto's final form (from his 'Shippuden' era age rather than his adult 'Boruto' era age) will probably be in, but stuff like Super Saiyan Blue, Golden Frieza, and Ultra Instinct, could be left out since they originate from animated versions of Dragon Ball rather than the original manga.

Speaking of Dragon Ball's inclusion in the game though, any bets on who might get added to the roster? I'm only betting on two more faces from Dragon Ball personally - one new hero, and probably another villain. Maybe Piccolo and...hmm...Cell's probably a likely option.
Super has it's own manga adaptions.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Toxin45 wrote:Super has it's own manga adaptions.
I'm aware of that, that's why I said 'original manga runs' of series in the game. So basically only forms/characters that appeared in the original 42 volumes.

Again though, that's just a guess on what may be the reasoning behind it, and for all I know J-Stars may already have disproven that. I'm not familiar enough with some of the other titles in it, like say Saint Seiya, to say for sure that something for that character wasn't already from past the original run.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:56 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:

I think Vegeta and Beerus are the last 2 db characters.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:12 pm

My bad, I should've been more clear. I meant two additional characters for the series, as I bet we'll probably have all characters from J-Stars (or at least almost all of them) making a return in this one.

So for Dragon Ball, that means my guess would be -

1) Son Goku
2) Vegeta
3) Piccolo
4) Frieza
5) Cell
Twitter

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:10 pm

Bullza wrote:
Quebaz wrote:No it didn't. People knew what to expect out of it by that first trailer and initial E3 videos, a 2D Fighter with DBZ characters. It hyped everyone up.

Meanwhile Jump Force just looks like a bleaker J-Stars, which plenty of people didn't enjoy the gameplay of, so these gameplay videos where characters can't even connect a full combo won't convince anyone.
It still just looked like a flashy button masher.

Jump Force is going for a different look by having the characters in our world, giving it a more realistic appearance which is of course very different from other games of late. If they all look the same then that's just as boring.

The game play won't be that good because anime games usually aren't but at least it's something different.
I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:27 pm

The sound effects are terrible, there's o sense of impact at all and it just comes off as awkward with every punch
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:34 pm

The frame rate is trash! Thats whats been bothering me. Get it to 60 FPS plz.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:My bad, I should've been more clear. I meant two additional characters for the series, as I bet we'll probably have all characters from J-Stars (or at least almost all of them) making a return in this one.

So for Dragon Ball, that means my guess would be -

1) Son Goku
2) Vegeta
3) Piccolo
4) Frieza
5) Cell
I think the big names will get 4-5 characters so that looks right. it could go up to 7-8 with DLC so we could get Future Trunks and Buu.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:01 pm

I actually think the only cool looking character is Boruto's Dad in his Six Paths Mode. I like the details of fur on giant Kurama form, but the rest looks so odd. Goku has hair straight out of Street Fighter V.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:52 pm

Given the only JUMP series I like is DB this is an easy hard pass. I also agree it looks pretty bad, graphically.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:07 am

Sasuke and Zoro are confirmed as playable characters in the game.
Bullza wrote: FighterZ still just looked like a flashy button masher.
I'm not a fan of FighterZ myself due to it lacking offline content, but even I disagree with what you said about it. I suggest you go check out some pro tournament gameplay vids. And since you said that it looks like a button masher, wouldn't you say the same thing about the Naruto Storm games, a series that you like so much?
Last edited by EXBadguy on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:09 am

I'm surprised people aren't liking the art style. This game looks visually amazing to me. However I'm worried how the gameplay will turn out. Hopefully it will play smoothly and have good fighting mechanics.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:33 am

EXBadguy wrote:I'm not a fan of FighterZ myself due to it lacking offline content, but even I disagree with what you said about it. I suggest you go check out some pro tournament gameplay vids. And since you said that it looks like a button masher, wouldn't you say the same thing about the Naruto Storm games, a series that you like so much?
I don't like the Naruto Storm games that much...they're alright. The best part about them was the variety as far as fighting games go but the actual fighting was nothing special.

I've played many hours of FighterZ and it is a flashy button masher. You repeatedly hit triangle until it does the special move for you or repeatedly hit square to do a combo, knock them into the air and repeatedly press square to do a combo.

The special moves are as simplistic as they can be and are the same for every character.

It's no Tekken.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:08 am

Bullza wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:I'm not a fan of FighterZ myself due to it lacking offline content, but even I disagree with what you said about it. I suggest you go check out some pro tournament gameplay vids. And since you said that it looks like a button masher, wouldn't you say the same thing about the Naruto Storm games, a series that you like so much?
I don't like the Naruto Storm games that much...they're alright. The best part about them was the variety as far as fighting games go but the actual fighting was nothing special.

I've played many hours of FighterZ and it is a flashy button masher. You repeatedly hit triangle until it does the special move for you or repeatedly hit square to do a combo, knock them into the air and repeatedly press square to do a combo.

The special moves are as simplistic as they can be and are the same for every character.

It's no Tekken.
lmao, you have no idea what you are talking about. Auto combos are the most basic shit in the game and if you try to use them like that in any real competitive fights you'll get crushed.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:12 am

ArchedThunder wrote:lmao, you have no idea what you are talking about. Auto combos are the most basic shit in the game and if you try to use them like that in any real competitive fights you'll get crushed.
Nonsense. I played around 200 games online and won about two thirds of them and I used those auto combos more than anything.