"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:46 am

The graphics look interesting. They are going for a realistic look and while some characters may look weird the backgrounds are surely gorgeous. The gameplay is still very rough so I hope they will focus on it. The idea of anime characters fighting it out at full power throughout realistic landscapes is nice, but apart from scenario changes the world feels too empty and the fights aren’t over the top enough. I repeat how, if done well, the idea is actually nice but I already know I won’t be buying this game.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:55 am

I didn't know there was game play as well. I actually really like the art style, it's very unique for this kind of game. Seeing these characters in a somewhat realistic looking version of our world. It looks a hell of a lot better than Victory Vs anyway.

The game play looks better so far. Too.

I really hope it has a proper story to it. Victory Vs had a really crappy story that was the same thing for all three characters. They did say it would though.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:23 am

The visuals are very amateur looking, it looks as bad as those thrown together Unreal videos people do. Gameplay looks to be a new low for Spike too.
I really hope this isn't the game TheDevilsCorpse was talking about that would come between FighterZ and XV3...

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:14 am

ArchedThunder wrote:I really hope this isn't the game TheDevilsCorpse was talking about that would come between FighterZ and XV3...
Can't speak to whether those past plans are still the same as their current plans, but no. Jump Force doesn't line up with what I was told about the next title, which should be a standard DB franchise only endeavor. (Wasn't even aware this was on the horizon.)
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:21 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I really hope this isn't the game TheDevilsCorpse was talking about that would come between FighterZ and XV3...
Can't speak to whether those past plans are still the same as their current plans, but no. Jump Force doesn't line up with what I was told about the next title, which should be a standard DB franchise only endeavor. (Wasn't even aware this was on the horizon.)
Alright, hopefully that game is announced later in E3 then, if not I guess we might not be getting it this fiscal year.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:53 am

KayDash wrote:Uh that art-style... :(
Not a fan of the graphics either.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:22 am

Gameplay looks boring as hell and the art style is horrible. Easy pass for me.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:57 am

FighterZ gameplay looked boring going by its first E3 trailer too.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:18 am

Saw ten minutes of gameplay from IGN, and it looks just like J-Stars Victory Vs but with a graphical boost and somehow even more unappealing art-style.

Yeah... pass.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:40 am

Bullza wrote:FighterZ gameplay looked boring going by its first E3 trailer too.
actually, fighterz e3 trailer looked like a 2.5d figting game on crack and pretty much every fighting game player loved it. This looks like Xenoverse with a little prettier graphics but with a terrible gameplay. Those punches look really, really bad. I am sure some people will love it and nothing wrong with that, but the gameplay needs to look better if I am buying it.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:41 am

You simply can't present a game with graphics like these in a post-FighterZ gaming environment. You can't. It doesn't even look bad, it loogs ugly.

That being siad, I also didn't enjoy J-Stars on Ps4 and IMO the intro movie was the best thing about that game. I would gladly take a lower budgeted sequel to the much, much better Jump Superstars games.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:43 am

Bullza wrote:FighterZ gameplay looked boring going by its first E3 trailer too.
No it didn't. People knew what to expect out of it by that first trailer and initial E3 videos, a 2D Fighter with DBZ characters. It hyped everyone up.

Meanwhile Jump Force just looks like a bleaker J-Stars, which plenty of people didn't enjoy the gameplay of, so these gameplay videos where characters can't even connect a full combo won't convince anyone.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:58 am

Jord wrote:You simply can't present a game with graphics like these in a post-FighterZ gaming environment. You can't. It doesn't even look bad, it loogs ugly.
I can understand critiques of gameplay (especially if someone didn't enjoy J-Stars, which this very much seems to be a follow-up of), but not every game has to look like FighterZ. FighterZ looks amazing, but not everything is going to have to match that style to be worthwhile.

I've never understood all the focus a lot of gamers give to graphics in the first place though. Good graphics are important, yes, and we'd all like to avoid shitty looking games, but gameplay and story are always going to be far more important to me than graphics. It's why I can still enjoy playing older games from my youth. And even some renowned great games from major publishers look pretty bad when you go back to them (looking at you, Metal Gear Solid on PS1), but that doesn't stop them from still being great games.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:35 am

The problem osn't the graphics per se, it's the aesthetic. Graphically, the game looks really good with the realistic effects and shaders, but as a fan of these franchises, it doesn't look appealing in any way.

The older games that look fine and are still considered great usually have great presentation and aesthetics that the actual graphics don't ruin the experience.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:02 pm

The character models look very bad to be honest. Goku has licorice hair, Freeza too looks very strange and it seems like he is wearing wristbands, which he isn't. The backgrounds and the effects look quite good from what I have seen, but the gameplay and the character models are both trash in the actual state of the game.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:20 pm

I Know that we know this already but this has SPIKE written AAAALLLLL over it! Its especially obvious when looking at Goku and Freeza and the way they're animated we've come a long way from Raging Blast 2 and now the gorgeous FighterZ lol I feel almost spoiled having to look at Spike's work again. Never got around to playing J-STARS and this is the apparent sequel i'll keep minor tabs on it. Does look like something casually fun to play when ever you want to take a break from the tense fast paced action of the more Hardcore Fighting games or any other games that you might take seriously when you're alone. Definitely a party game.. I Do like how you can knock people into totalty different environments, been wanting that to be a casual part of a DB game for ages.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Meh, I ain't interested, though the only thing I like about it is the graphic artstyle. I for one like it, but I do hope they do work on Goku's model.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:46 pm

Quebaz wrote:No it didn't. People knew what to expect out of it by that first trailer and initial E3 videos, a 2D Fighter with DBZ characters. It hyped everyone up.

Meanwhile Jump Force just looks like a bleaker J-Stars, which plenty of people didn't enjoy the gameplay of, so these gameplay videos where characters can't even connect a full combo won't convince anyone.
It still just looked like a flashy button masher.

Jump Force is going for a different look by having the characters in our world, giving it a more realistic appearance which is of course very different from other games of late. If they all look the same then that's just as boring.

The game play won't be that good because anime games usually aren't but at least it's something different.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Can someone tell me why Naruto and Luffy get their most recent forms but Goku is always stuck at SSJ with no Blue or UI and Freeza doesn’t have Golden? Please tell me that will change in the finale product.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:11 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Can someone tell me why Naruto and Luffy get their most recent forms but Goku is always stuck at SSJ with no Blue or UI and Freeza doesn’t have Golden? Please tell me that will change in the finale product.
I think that we will see more as time goes by before the game comes out.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.