"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ruler9871
Regular

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:03 pm

Now, all we need is Hiei, Kurama, Gintoki, Bakugo & Medaka and this game is complete.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:14 pm

Where is Toriko in all of this?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:22 am

Bullza wrote:Where is Toriko in all of this?
Not popular enough to include.

(Yay! 20,000 posts)

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:00 am

Lord Beerus wrote:

(Yay! 20,000 posts)
tfw you remember he was one of the main faces of J-Stars.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:27 am

Lord Beerus wrote:

(Yay! 20,000 posts)
They've got like 4 characters from Bleach, that became so unpopular that the anime was cancelled, the manga ended up finishing and the live action movie completely bombed.

They could have one Toriko character at least.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:34 am

So recently started My Hero Academia, and even though I got a feeling they're saving them for DLC, I really hope we get some more representation from that show in the base game. At least All Might.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:37 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:So recently started My Hero Academia, and even though I got a feeling they're saving them for DLC, I really hope we get some more representation from that show in the base game. At least All Might.
People that have predicted right before have predicted at least two more characters for Academia. Assuming at least just one is in the base game, my money's on Bakugou actually. With DLC or just another one being in-game, I could see Ochaco and All Might.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kurakaio

Post by Kurakaio » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:40 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:So recently started My Hero Academia, and even though I got a feeling they're saving them for DLC, I really hope we get some more representation from that show in the base game. At least All Might.
People that have predicted right before have predicted at least two more characters for Academia. Assuming at least just one is in the base game, my money's on Bakugou actually. With DLC or just another one being in-game, I could see Ochaco and All Might.
There's no way Uraraka gets in before Todoroki.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:52 pm

Bullza wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

(Yay! 20,000 posts)
They've got like 4 characters from Bleach, that became so unpopular that the anime was cancelled, the manga ended up finishing and the live action movie completely bombed.

They could have one Toriko character at least.
That's not true at all. The manga was still a highly popular seller in Japan, and the way it finished came down to the author's health issues. His editors didn't want him finishing it was soon as he wanted to, but conceded due to his health.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:58 pm

Saiga wrote:That's not true at all. The manga was still a highly popular seller in Japan, and the way it finished came down to the author's health issues.
The manga used to sell 900,000+ copies per volume when it was actually popular during the whole Aizen ordeal.

By the time the series was at its end, it had become that awful that it was pretty much always at the bottom of the Weekly Shonen Jump rankings and the volume sales had dropped all the way down to about 450,000.

Where One Piece sold better over time, Naruto stayed relatively the same, Bleach just dropped off pretty quickly. It was selling well compared to a lot of other manga but compared to itself sales dropped in half in only a few years.

Like I said the TV ratings were that poor that it was cancelled, the last anime movie they did flopped and now that live action movie bombed.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:32 pm

Bullza wrote: now that live action movie bombed.
The Netflix one? That didn't bomb. They are already looking at doing a sequel they said. It was really cool too. I loved that they brought back some of the dub voices for English track.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:35 pm

SSJmole wrote:The Netflix one? That didn't bomb.
Oh it did, badly too. On its opening weekend it didn't even sell 100,000 tickets. It made about $1.2 million and then dropped off very quickly to finish with a grand total of about $4 million. It was one of the most frontloaded movies of the year.

It made less than any of the anime movies made for considerably less money that released over a decade ago. The movie probably cost more than $4 million to make.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:43 pm

Bullza wrote:
Saiga wrote:That's not true at all. The manga was still a highly popular seller in Japan, and the way it finished came down to the author's health issues.
The manga used to sell 900,000+ copies per volume when it was actually popular during the whole Aizen ordeal.

By the time the series was at its end, it had become that awful that it was pretty much always at the bottom of the Weekly Shonen Jump rankings and the volume sales had dropped all the way down to about 450,000.

Where One Piece sold better over time, Naruto stayed relatively the same, Bleach just dropped off pretty quickly. It was selling well compared to a lot of other manga but compared to itself sales dropped in half in only a few years.

Like I said the TV ratings were that poor that it was cancelled, the last anime movie they did flopped and now that live action movie bombed.
450k is not low :lol: That's still a very popular series. It's not as high as its own high points, or other outliers like Naruto/One Piece, but is still extremely popular. And that's without an anime to promote it. Comparing it to only the most popular series is a very silly thing to do.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:14 pm

Saiga wrote:450k is not low :lol: That's still a very popular series. It's not as high as its own high points, or other outliers like Naruto/One Piece, but is still extremely popular. And that's without an anime to promote it. Comparing it to only the most popular series is a very silly thing to do.
I said it was good numbers for other series. I'm comparing it to itself, the sales had remained steady for a good while up to the end of the Aizen saga and then it began to drop quickly and never let up. Had it not ended when it did it then it'd soon be hoping to even sell that 450,000.

One Piece and Naruto weren't outliers. Back when these sales charts began reporting figures, there wasn't nearly as much in it. One Piece was selling about 1.6 million a volume, Naruto about 1.1 million a volume and Bleach about 900,000 a volume. That's why they were the big three.

Except One Piece blew up afterward and the sales practically doubled, Naruto 's sales stayed the same until it ended and Bleachs sales dropped in half.

It didn't have an anime to promote it because nobody was watching it anymore. The whole series became that bad that people just started to abandon it. There was no more games, no more movies, no more anime and the manga ended too.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:43 am

Bullza wrote:
SSJmole wrote:The Netflix one? That didn't bomb.
Oh it did, badly too. On its opening weekend it didn't even sell 100,000 tickets. It made about $1.2 million and then dropped off very quickly to finish with a grand total of about $4 million. It was one of the most frontloaded movies of the year.

It made less than any of the anime movies made for considerably less money that released over a decade ago. The movie probably cost more than $4 million to make.
But it's a Netflix movie. Tickets aren't the point. That's like complaining orange is the new black sold Les DVDs than traditional TV shows.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:34 am

SSJmole wrote:But it's a Netflix movie. Tickets aren't the point. That's like complaining orange is the new black sold Les DVDs than traditional TV shows.
It was made as a theatrical movie for Japan that got a Netflix elsewhere because it's not about to be shown in theatres anywhere else.

The Seven Deadly Sins anime movie was theatrical in Japan and got a Netflix release elsewhere jist the same and even that movie made more money than Bleach and that also was disappointment.

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Dragon » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:35 am

Bleach is alright. And there's a real story behind why it advanced the way it did. However because of that I think its better to leave it as is. Bleach is an example of the author respecting someone's wishes. And for that reason no amount of criticism can really match what had to go in to making the series. Anyway we're talking about Bleach when we should be dicussing JOOOOJO and how Jump Force could ever contain the might of ZA WARUDO!!! Of course I woukd be more than alright if you know who already touched the Death Note. But he'd be pretty OP.

To be continued...

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:08 pm

Now that I think about it, what would happen if Light wrote down a Stand's name? Would it still kill the stand user, or just the stand?

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:42 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:Now that I think about it, what would happen if Light wrote down a Stand's name? Would it still kill the stand user, or just the stand?
Most of the times when a stand is beaten the stand user is too but there's exceptions to the rules.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:47 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:Now that I think about it, what would happen if Light wrote down a Stand's name? Would it still kill the stand user, or just the stand?
Not sure what a Stand is, but the Death Note specifies that it can only be used to kill humans. Which makes me wonder, what about Saiyans? Could Light even kill Goku if he wanted to? I suppose he could write Goku's death as a side effect of another person's death.