"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:21 pm

Overall this look really interesting. We'll probably get more at Jump Festa. I like the realistic look they're going for as it's something they haven't done very often if at all.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:34 pm

Dunno if I'm a big fan of this game being set in our world I'd rather have the iconic locations from each respective series instead, but I'll guess we'll see though.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:03 pm

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:18 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:Dunno if I'm a big fan of this game being set in our world I'd rather have the iconic locations from each respective series instead, but I'll guess we'll see though.
I felt same way but it always looks wierd seeing the other characters in other worlds. I like the idea of bringing just a few elements (e.g. the ship and saiyan pod) into the world, making them look more real and then giving everyone a similar look.

That being said, gameplay looks pretty rough here. Only thing I'm liking are the epic stage transitions (making it feel like you're fighting all over the world) but even those look a bit choppy. Hopefully theres some polish to be put on this game yet.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:37 pm

nato25 wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:Dunno if I'm a big fan of this game being set in our world I'd rather have the iconic locations from each respective series instead, but I'll guess we'll see though.
I felt same way but it always looks wierd seeing the other characters in other worlds. I like the idea of bringing just a few elements (e.g. the ship and saiyan pod) into the world, making them look more real and then giving everyone a similar look.

That being said, gameplay looks pretty rough here. Only thing I'm liking are the epic stage transitions (making it feel like you're fighting all over the world) but even those look a bit choppy. Hopefully theres some polish to be put on this game yet.
While it can be odd seeing other characters fighting each other in different anime/manga locations, I guess for me it's just weirder to see these characters fighting in real world locations. But agreed that gameplay looks rough and the art style isn't helping much either, but the stage transitions were neat. The thing I'm most interested in right now is how big the roster will be for this game, and if they'll include newer characters such as Emma from the Promised Neverland in it or not.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:50 pm

I already know that I have my team ready which is Freeza, Goku, and Naruto.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:01 pm

majinwarman wrote:I already know that I have my team ready which is Freeza, Goku, and Naruto.
Mine will be Vegeta, Sasuke and Zoro...Assuming they're in. :shifty:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:02 pm

sintzu wrote:
majinwarman wrote:I already know that I have my team ready which is Freeza, Goku, and Naruto.
Mine will be Vegeta, Sasuke and Zoro...Assuming they're in. :shifty:
I think that they will be in the game since they are big characters in their respected fandom.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:19 pm

Just watched the interview at twitch and it seems like a fan-service game in the good sense of the word.

In the gameplay they showed, at the very least the stages are amazing looking.
I can't evaluate this type of 3D fighting game, even superficially, without playing it. I'll have to hear opinions of those who get their hands on it.

Interesting tidbit, all 3 characters share the same health bar.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:43 pm

Definitely looks like a J-Stars sequel, which I'm all for. Here's hoping we get everyone from the last game as well as a ton of new people added, especially so that it represents even more series overall.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Ugly art style is turning me off of this game. And like most people here saying, if it's like Victory Vs I'll pass.

Only anime type game I'm interested in, Devil May Cry 5, ain't even anime anymore either lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:08 pm

At least the art style looks better than the new One Piece game. THough I do have to wonder how Light works here...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:23 pm

The art style's the only thing that's really keeping me from wanting to play this. It just looks bad to me; that injection of realism into these obviously stylized cartoony faces is such a turn-off.

I'm actually ok with the setting being "the real world" simply because, well, I've been to NYC a bunch of times and the idea of that as a setting for a Jump fighting game (or any fighting game really) sounds fun. I'd love to see more major U.S. cities as settings, but my guess is if we're covering the whole globe that NYC might be the only U.S. representative--which is fine. I want to see one of those seaside Italian port towns, or London England, Paris France, I'm sure Tokyo's gonna be there, maybe Sydney Australia, Mexico, Brazil, Antarctica.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:42 pm

My Hoped for Roster:

The J-Stars Roster (with all characters fully updated with stuff around their latest manga volume and/or in Dragonball’s case Super)

DIO
Jotaro
Josuke
Yoshikage Kira (with Air Bomb & Third Bomb)
Hit
Goku Black (with Rośe Transformation)
Android 17
Android 18
Kinnikuman
Robin Mask
WarsMan
Yoruichi Shihouhin
Hildegarde
Kurama
Itachi
Sakura
Tsukuyo
Sanji
Meruem

Maybe characters through DLC:
Yoh Asakura
Ikuro Hashizawa
Ramenman
Broly
Nico Robin
Nami

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:42 pm

Iconic cities would be amazing if the destruction level is up to par. Knocking Frieza into the Eiffel Tower! Come on have some fun with it Spike

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:51 am

Did you guys watch the gameplay footages? It had sasuke and zoro in it.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:57 am

I want to throw down at the Sydney Opera House. Please make it happen. The destructible environments in this game look really good.

jollyroger

Post by jollyroger » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:06 am

Seeing Goku and Frieza fight in the middle of Times Square is amazing but like others I don't like the art style at all. Concept is really cool though.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:33 am

It looks interesting to me, it'll be one I'll keep an eye out for but I did also play Jump Vs Victory which was not a good game at all.

Choujin Daizenshuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Choujin Daizenshuu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:40 am

If this game is being tailored mostly to an American audience, then I don't expect any of the characters from other Jump series to show up save for the ones whose anime already aired on Cartoon Network.