"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:39 am

I'm honestly cool with them taking from Xenoverse and integrating it into this new iteration. Maybe they can even polish the formula and make it even better for the next full Dragonball game release.

Hope the character creator has some decent variety. I've noticed female Saiyan armor as well as Android 18's hair. Maybe i'll be able to make my Xenoverse 2 OC if they keep in the Gine hair

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:59 pm

Kane and Galena look cool, I wouldnt mind them being intergrated into Xenoverse

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Dragon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:38 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm honestly just laughing at how much this has taken from Xenoverse at this point. It's like the epitome of 'Hey, can I copy your homework?'/'Sure, just change it a little so nobody notices'. :lol: I'm fine with it really though. I just hope the RNG isn't as god-awful as Xenoverse's...

Not sure how to feel about Kane and Galena being playable though. Weren't they originally listed as being non-playable? I figured at most we fought against them, but actually being playable...it definitely makes them all the more Towa/Mira-ish.
Eh, it's honestly better this way. Remember when we had to wait until DLC before playing as Towa and Mira in XV1?
Beware the RNG. It's code for someone on the project wants micro transactions.

Interestingly about the borrowing I think Xenoverse did it first. Towa, Mira, and Future Trunks are from Dragon Ball Online. Supreme Kai of Time, Fuu and some of the main characters designs inside Dragon Ball Fusion are concepts from DBO as well.

The company behind Xenoverse, Dimps, also created Super Dragon Ball Heroes whose main character is actually a miniature version of the Hero from Dragon Ball Ultimate Tenkaichi. Demographic & Mechikabura are original though.

But really with what Dragon Ball Games have gotten so far post DBO I like Android 21 & Shallot, Sealas and Galena the best. Chronoa also has a special place in my heart. But out of everyone Android 21 is probably the most developed.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:14 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm honestly just laughing at how much this has taken from Xenoverse at this point. It's like the epitome of 'Hey, can I copy your homework?'/'Sure, just change it a little so nobody notices'. :lol: I'm fine with it really though. I just hope the RNG isn't as god-awful as Xenoverse's...

Not sure how to feel about Kane and Galena being playable though. Weren't they originally listed as being non-playable? I figured at most we fought against them, but actually being playable...it definitely makes them all the more Towa/Mira-ish.
Eh, it's honestly better this way. Remember when we had to wait until DLC before playing as Towa and Mira in XV1?
As someone whose had to put up with Mortal Kombat giving me fightable opponents I cant play as who were previously playable (looking at you, Rain and Baraka), Demigra in XV1 and Final Form Mira in XV2, I have grown extremely tired of non-playable boss characters. I always feel they should be the reward for finishing story, even if they need nerfing to be balanced, or buffing to feel like a final threat, but thats simple enough.

Kane and Galena seem like two of the coolest things about this game for me, whats their deal? I would hate to not be able to play as them.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:41 pm

I hope Allen Walker, Lenalee, Medaka, Dio Brando, Bakugo, Hiei, Hades, Gintoki and Kagura all get in.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:44 am

When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:18 am

ruler9871 wrote:I hope Allen Walker, Lenalee, Medaka, Dio Brando, Bakugo, Hiei, Hades, Gintoki and Kagura all get in.
YES. Also, Kaiba, Kuwabara, Doflamingo, Arale, Killua and the Ant King. If I had to pick some more.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:08 pm

Ok this is gonna be pure bitching but I've just gotta get this off my chest.

WHY THE #@$£ ARE WE HAVEING THE EXACT SAME EFFECTS ON ALL THE CHARACTERS TURNED INTO EVIL MINIONS!!!!

Let me explain, back in One Peice Pirate Warriors 2"s story mode Blackbeard gets a hold of a device that lets him mind control people. Said people get a purple aura and red eyes.

Then in Xenoverse we get...

Xenoverse 2
But thankfully at least some minor changes...

And in Jump Force, going by the trailers it's dark aura and red eyes again.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:23 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Ok this is gonna be pure bitching but I've just gotta get this off my chest.

WHY THE #@$£ ARE WE HAVEING THE EXACT SAME EFFECTS ON ALL THE CHARACTERS TURNED INTO EVIL MINIONS!!!!

Let me explain, back in One Peice Pirate Warriors 2"s story mode Blackbeard gets a hold of a device that lets him mind control people. Said people get a purple aura and red eyes.

Then in Xenoverse we get...

Xenoverse 2
But thankfully at least some minor changes...

And in Jump Force, going by the trailers it's dark aura and red eyes again.
Because its the easiest trope you can do in a video game lol. Fighterz story definitely deserves criticism but Android 16's motivation for example was interesting. Why bother thinking of reasons characters may have to act evil when you can just mind control them haha.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:49 pm

If anyone is interested, it looks like the Beta tests are back on.

Sadly I won't get to partake in any of these, as the one going on now I'm already doing other things, tomorrow is Kingdom Hearts III release day so, yeah, no beta playing is gonna happen then, and I work on the February 2nd one, sooo...yeah. Ah well, it's almost time for the game to come out soon anyway, and I did get to mess with a little bit of the first beta.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:03 am

JOTARO AND DIO CONFIRMED!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:53 pm

Figured it was only a matter of time before DIO got fully confirmed, nice!

I'm curious what's being said in the section about Light Yagami though. The last trailer almost seemed to imply that the Jump Force (or at least Goku) thought he was on their side...which is...going to be awkwardly hilarious for all of us playing the game who know what Light's actually like. :lol:
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:42 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Figured it was only a matter of time before DIO got fully confirmed, nice!

I'm curious what's being said in the section about Light Yagami though. The last trailer almost seemed to imply that the Jump Force (or at least Goku) thought he was on their side...which is...going to be awkwardly hilarious for all of us playing the game who know what Light's actually like. :lol:
The blurb at the bottom is just saying the usual "Is he a friend or foe?" thing that they keep saying. It also says that Light wants to be the god of the new world. Pretty sure that his series description, but I wonder if it's also alluding to the game's story...

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:01 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Figured it was only a matter of time before DIO got fully confirmed, nice!

The blurb at the bottom is just saying the usual "Is he a friend or foe?" thing that they keep saying. It also says that Light wants to be the god of the new world. Pretty sure that his series description, but I wonder if it's also alluding to the game's story...
Yeah, the 'god of the new world' was his whole MO in his series proper. I did see someone suggest that maybe he was going to be an unplayable 'final boss' for us in the game, which given that we have the cubes and the Onyx book thing that powers up characters...I could almost see it. I wouldn't put it past Light to be after both, use both on himself, and be given some new power (or maybe even a new form, ala DIO in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven - if that's the case, I hope they have Obata design it at least) and we actually have to deal with him directly.
Twitter

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:28 pm

Good to see Dio make the cut, you can never have enough villains. I'd almost blissfully forgotten that Light was in this game. Please let him be a boss in the game, just so I can punch him repeatedly in the face.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:15 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:JOTARO AND DIO CONFIRMED!

Its about time lmao.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:45 pm

You know, because of Light's notebook, he could be stringing everyone along. He could be the one who decides the fates of the combatants, writing that one or another dies in battle. The playable characters would essentially be his puppets to do with as he wishes.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:48 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:You know, because of Light's notebook, he could be stringing everyone along. He could be the one who decides the fates of the combatants, writing that one or another dies in battle. The playable characters would essentially be his puppets to do with as he wishes.
He's gonna make us his Prophet.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:38 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:You know, because of Light's notebook, he could be stringing everyone along. He could be the one who decides the fates of the combatants, writing that one or another dies in battle. The playable characters would essentially be his puppets to do with as he wishes.
What if Light somehow steals Goku's body and becomes an alternative Goku Black lol? (Tvtropes fan theory)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:00 pm

As much as I love Light as a Villian I would love if my OC could kick his ass.

Still waiting on Medaka now and maybe transformations for the OC hopefully.