"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:15 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:So this new Shonen Jump fighting game was announced for smartphones today.

Any chance the characters in this game might hint to who could appear in Jump Force?
Possibly. I see Kira and Ryuk in the crowd, once again implying that they are playable despite comments that they can't be due to them being OP. Jump Force's roster might not be so big, though. The mobile game's art style looks simpler. Making all these chibi-ish characters isn't as challenging as giving them realistic models.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:38 pm

EXBadguy wrote:
SSJmole wrote: I want to see Rukia or ichigo get added next though , will buy like like jstars
And your wish has been granted. But they are SURPRISINGLY in their timeskip (final arc) forms, along with Aizen.
That's awesome!

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:52 am

I had seen the Japanese site for Jump Force at one point but I can't seem to find it again. Anybody have a link?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:01 am

So we've had a new screenshot that shows Rukia clashing swords with Aizen, so...is that a story bit, or is she actually playable this time around? I kept assuming she was just a support character like in J-Stars (especially since they kept only showing her in relation to Ichigo like using him would give you access to a move that called her in or something).
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:56 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So we've had a new screenshot that shows Rukia clashing swords with Aizen, so...is that a story bit, or is she actually playable this time around? I kept assuming she was just a support character like in J-Stars (especially since they kept only showing her in relation to Ichigo like using him would give you access to a move that called her in or something).
I'm pretty sure she was confirmed playable a while back. This game's 3-v-3 tagging system doesn't allow dedicated support characters like in J-Stars. In fact, I don't think we ever posted the V-Jump scan for Jump Force here, since it shows off more of the Bleach characters:

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:59 am

Sorry for a technical double post (it's been a few days anyways), but the Bleach characters trailer was released.

Also. that Weekly Jump intro feels very Marvel-esque.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:54 pm

If there was DLC is there a chance secondary characters would be playable?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:13 am

Somehow, I really do not like the art style, reminds me that weird playdoh art direction of Taiketsu :/
I really would love to see some classic cel-shade so the characters would look more like their comics and anime selves.

Maybe I will watch some videos after this comes out and I think I will pass.
Will there be Saint Seiya or Yu Yu Hakusho in this one? You know, I am an old timer after all :problem: :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:33 am

Waluigiman wrote:If there was DLC is there a chance secondary characters would be playable?
Anything's possible but I think DLC will more than likely focus on main characters.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:41 am

sintzu wrote:
Waluigiman wrote:If there was DLC is there a chance secondary characters would be playable?
Anything's possible but I think DLC will more than likely focus on main characters.
I hope it does, I mean who wouldn't want the whole group of Z fighters? Altough it would be too much and maybe too unfair if the other franchises will be outnumbered.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:52 am

Waluigiman wrote:Who wouldn't want the whole group of Z fighters? Altough it would be too much and maybe too unfair if the other franchises will be outnumbered.
I'm hoping we'll get more than Goku, Vegeta and Freeza in the base game as the DLC will give us a better roster than the first game. I expect we'll get Trunks and Piccolo at the very least as both are popular and different enough to justify their inclusion.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:05 am

sintzu wrote:
Waluigiman wrote:Who wouldn't want the whole group of Z fighters? Altough it would be too much and maybe too unfair if the other franchises will be outnumbered.
I'm hoping we'll get more than Goku, Vegeta and Freeza in the base game as the DLC will give us a better roster than the first game. I expect we'll get Trunks and Piccolo at the very least as both are popular and different enough to justify their inclusion.
Yep, those two are likely to appear later.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:07 pm

I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:56 pm

New V-Jump scan, shows off more of Gon, Hisoka and the Liberty-Namek stage, but it also reveals Sanji and Blackbeard too!

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Wow, I wasn't expecting Blackbeard. I was thinking Akainu and Doflamingo, but this is awesome! Definitely gonna play as him.

Now...they need to hurry up and show off JoJo, I wanna see who's gonna make it (Jotaro and Dio of course) and how they'll look in this realistic style.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:33 pm

One piece is so far getting 3 new characters (Zoro, Sanji and Black beard) which will bring its total number to 7 assuming the 4 in the first game carry over. DB currently has 3 from the first game (Goku, Vegeta and Freeza) so hopefully we can at least 4 new ones to bring it up to One Piece's number. If they're just using manga characters I'd like to see Piccolo, Future Trunks, Cell and Kid Buu. Naruto also just has 3 so Kakashi, Gaara and Orochimaru would be good additions to start with.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:28 pm

If or when DBZ gets 4 more... I prefer

Android 18
Piccolo
Future Trunks (Saiyan Armor)
Super Buu (Gohan Absorbed)

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Assuming that each series will get four representatives, which I recognize is not really a safe assumption, my predictions are

Dragonball: Vegeta, Krillin
Naruto: Sakura Haruno, Madara Uchiha
Hunterx Hunter: Killua Zoldyck, Meruem
Bleach: Uryu Ishida

Now, as for unconfirmed series

Jojo: Dio Brando, Joseph Joestar, Jotaro Kujo, Giorno Giovanna
My Hero Academia: Deku, Bakugo, All Might, All For One

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:00 pm

jcogginsa wrote:Dragonball: Vegeta
If you look closely, you can see Gon attacking Vegeta here:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTEvkEZFg4Q

It looks like we may be able to create our own character based on who showed up at the very end.