"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by RichardKing2 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:29 pm

anyone here who signed up for the closed beta receive their beta codes yet?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:57 am

Seiya and Shiryu from Saint Seiya join the battle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucaWWHPE8Wc
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:07 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Seiya and Shiryu from Saint Seiya join the battle!
Yes! Finally, one of my favorite Jump series ever joins the battle. I hope they add the God Cloth so Seiya and Goku can fight in their god forms:

I mean, Seiya got his God form around the time SSJ was first being introduced (and Seiya got his Gold transformation around the time Goku was fighting Piccolo Jr), surely it's not too new, lol.

Here's hoping we can get some anime music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu533OKYHyc
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:28 pm

I loved beta. I made a hands on / preview video https://youtu.be/p7XJAkj7Sn4 sorry if I'm not allowed to post it

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:17 pm

When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:06 am

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:56 pm

Kenshiro was a given, but HOLY SHIT was I not expecting Ryo Saeba in 100 years. Hell, was he even in either of the DS games?

This game cannot come out soon enough for me. I am hyped.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:16 pm

I was caught by surprise with Ryo, I wasn't expecting anyone from City Hunter. The hype just got bigger.

Still waiting on Jotaro, Dio, Medaka, Hiei, Kenshin, Allen Walker, Future Trunks and Kaiba.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:31 pm

I suppose they're purposefully not showing anything from My Hero Academia because they've just had a game release that they want people to buy right?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Bullza wrote:I suppose they're purposefully not showing anything from My Hero Academia because they've just had a game release that they want people to buy right?
Probably, though I'm surprised they didn't go the opposite route and announce a few characters to tie in to the release of the Academia game.
Twitter

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:51 am

Bullza wrote:I suppose they're purposefully not showing anything from My Hero Academia because they've just had a game release that they want people to buy right?
Don't really see how that makes sense. Wouldn't that be like omitting Goku so people would still buy the Dragon Ball Heroes game on the Switch? They're two different games.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:13 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Don't really see how that makes sense. Wouldn't that be like omitting Goku so people would still buy the Dragon Ball Heroes game on the Switch? They're two different games.
My hero is coming out now so they could be holding closer to release. Goku doesn't need to be with helped because it's a bigger franchise.l and Heroes comes out after Jump Force doesn't it?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:07 pm

Yeah you can't really announce a game like this without showing Goku, Naruto and Luffy. Their games do just fine as it is.

My Hero Academia is a lesser series that's just had its first proper game. If they show the characters in Jump Force then fans may not be so willing to buy it if they can just wait a while and play as them in Jump Force.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:11 pm

Bullza wrote:Yeah you can't really announce a game like this without showing Goku, Naruto and Luffy. Their games do just fine as it is.

My Hero Academia is a lesser series that's just had its first proper game. If they show the characters in Jump Force then fans may not be so willing to buy it if they can just wait a while and play as them in Jump Force.
It's not like Jump Force is gonna have popular side characters like Tsuyu and Kirashima, It'll most likely have Deku and Shigaraki, MAYBE All-Might and Bakugo. Fans can have both games, it's not like Byking and Spike are going for similar gameplay despite both games being arena fighters.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:25 am

SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta and Golden Frieza were properly revealed for Jump Force as their ultimate awakenings (transformations). Previously they just had Super Saiyan and 100% Full Power. Note that SSB Goku can use a SSB Kaioken Attack.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:21 am

Himura Kenshin and Shishio Makoto are also confirmed to be returning from J-Stars for this new outing. We've also got further details coming on the avatar creation system.
Players will be able to customize their character’s hair style, face (eyes, nose, mouth, ears, and eye brows), physique, costume (top and bottom / arms and legs can be separately configured), color, voice, gender, and battle style.
Twitter

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:16 am

I'm feeling weird about Kenshin since the recent ordeal with the mangaka author. :(
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Himura Kenshin and Shishio Makoto are also confirmed to be returning from J-Stars for this new outing. We've also got further details coming on the avatar creation system.
Players will be able to customize their character’s hair style, face (eyes, nose, mouth, ears, and eye brows), physique, costume (top and bottom / arms and legs can be separately configured), color, voice, gender, and battle style.

There's also:

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/jump-force- ... ragon-ball

Assuming this proves legitimate, this make 5 playable Dragonball characters along with characters created by Toriyama for the game. That's a lot of Toriyama in this game

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:24 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Himura Kenshin and Shishio Makoto are also confirmed to be returning from J-Stars for this new outing. We've also got further details coming on the avatar creation system.
I wonder, by battle style do they mean switching out special attacks, or actually being able to use different movesets like in Ultimate Tenkaichi.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:27 pm

I definitely recall the CoCs having mixed movesets in the beta