Legendary Super Warriors - gameplay mod

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Legendary Super Warriors - gameplay mod

Post by Saturnine » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:30 am

This dude:

https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthrea ... 3#p1464793
https://discordapp.com/invite/fFJdXsV

is making a balance mod for LSW for Gameboy Color, potentially considering expanding the character roster when the game is completely rewritten. If you liked the mechanics of that game, now's a good opportunity to revisit it!

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Legendary Super Warriors - gameplay mod

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:44 pm

That was a great game. Very underrated gem much better than recent DB games.

It would be cool to see someone making a mod adding more characters like movies, GT or Super. Even without story mode it would be enjoyable.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Akira
Regular

Re: Legendary Super Warriors - gameplay mod

Post by Akira » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:06 pm

I remember that game fondly, it had a rather steep learning curve, but was a very rewarding experience once you got a handle on what was going on. I spent many hours leveling up my guys and unlocking all of their attacks. The thing I remember most frustrating early on was learning to be lightning quick with those combo inputs, because the window of opportunity to enter the whole string was extremely short. The other thing was guessing if the enemy was going to use the block card to halt your beam attack from connecting and playing accordingly. I remember more than a few frustrating moments with the game. It has been a very long time since I played it last, but the thing I do remember is the feeling of accomplishment when you took down a difficult opponent and unlocked an ability you had been after for ages. It was a unique game, that's for sure, and definitely a hidden gem of a title for the Gameboy Color. I think many never even played it because it was a late release for the handheld, well after the Gameboy Advance had been on the market, and many had moved on from the Gameboy Color. I probably still have that cart somewhere, if I ever come across it, perhaps I'll set up the Gamecube + Gameboy Player and give it another go.
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

The heck does "should of" even mean anyway? Think about what those two words mean individually, and then try to read them back to back in a sentence and make sense of it. Are you forming a prepositional phrase, is "should" a part of a larger grouping, or are you just typing random words based on how you think you hear them used verbally? Perhaps take a moment to contemplate this, and see if it becomes as mind jarring for you to look at as it does for me..