2 Brolys

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: 2 Brolys

Post by nato25 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:04 pm

I really hate this kind of situation in any universe, the fact its in my favourite does really trigger my OCD. Hopefully going forward games will just have both skins or treat them as seperate characters entirely, we get 6 Goku's and Vegeta's a game so why not 2 Broly's I guess. At least this is better then the Trunks with blue hair situation because previously Broly was essentially a non main storyline villain where as with Trunks it's like they're overwriting the fact he had purple hair and want us to believe he always had blue hair.

I can honestly see Heroes keeping them seperate and doing some absolutely crazy stuff like both Broly's teaming up or even fusing.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:56 pm

It's very uncertain that he'll be added in Fighterz: his fighting style would have to be very different from the current Broly for them to include him with another gameplay. They value the fact of carefully crafting a brand new gameplay for every single character. And we know they just don't do alternative costumes due to the fact that they have to carefully draw shadows and sometimes tweak parts of the models for every single bit of movement in every single animation.
However, what's fairly certain is that we'll have an SD "new Broly" for the main hall, because they can make a lot of those SD characters quite easily and quickly (which is why there are so many more than playable characters).

In Xenoverse 2, which does not demand any real attention once the model has been created and only requires minor tweaks to the animations and special attacks, they can easily add him and it's very likely that they will.
He will be featured in his own slot, no doubt about it, similarly to the DBS versions of Trunks or C-17.

Essentially,
Fighterz: very unlikely to be included as a fighter, but a hall avatar is very possible.
Xenoverse 2 : very likely to be included in his own new slot.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:48 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
I think the old Broly will eventually become obsolete and only Super's Broly will remain. They may have his old clothes as an alt costume, but that's about it. It will take 2-3 years for this to happen, but I think it'll happen.
That won't happen since many people still likes the original Broli. There is nothing wrong with having two versions of the same character.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:54 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
I think the old Broly will eventually become obsolete and only Super's Broly will remain. They may have his old clothes as an alt costume, but that's about it. It will take 2-3 years for this to happen, but I think it'll happen.
That won't happen since many people still likes the original Broli. There is nothing wrong with having two versions of the same character.
They cannot be sure since Super Broly hasn't been shown *as a character*, that is, personality, goals and relevance. If he turns out to be everything Z Broly was and more, why keep Z Broly around other than anything than an alt costume in video games?

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Actually, now, with the new movie, a one interesting moment have appeared. Broly is 2 different characters: classical Broly and modern Broly. Non-canon and canon. And if MasakoX is right, probably same goes to Bardock and Turles (O_o). How games will manage this situation? Particularly, Dragon Ball FighterZ. What do you think?
if its going Xenoverse style, we have multiple trunks characters so I dont see a problem.

FighterZ might not touch on the idea of skins due to how the characters are built, but he might be in as a seperate character, assuming they do what they did with the Gokus.

Personally I hope he comes, but not yet.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:39 pm

Cold Skin wrote:It's very uncertain that he'll be added in Fighterz: his fighting style would have to be very different from the current Broly for them to include him with another gameplay. They value the fact of carefully crafting a brand new gameplay for every single character. And we know they just don't do alternative costumes due to the fact that they have to carefully draw shadows and sometimes tweak parts of the models for every single bit of movement in every single animation.
However, what's fairly certain is that we'll have an SD "new Broly" for the main hall, because they can make a lot of those SD characters quite easily and quickly (which is why there are so many more than playable characters).

In Xenoverse 2, which does not demand any real attention once the model has been created and only requires minor tweaks to the animations and special attacks, they can easily add him and it's very likely that they will.
He will be featured in his own slot, no doubt about it, similarly to the DBS versions of Trunks or C-17.

Essentially,
Fighterz: very unlikely to be included as a fighter, but a hall avatar is very possible.
Xenoverse 2 : very likely to be included in his own new slot.
Blue Goku comes to mind in regards to Fighter Z, he might still work

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:55 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
They cannot be sure since Super Broly hasn't been shown *as a character*, that is, personality, goals and relevance. If he turns out to be everything Z Broly was and more, why keep Z Broly around other than anything than an alt costume in video games?
*sigh*

Broly (Super) will show up in future titles, but Broly (Z) is not going to be discarded.
Nostalgia will give Bamco more "green" with Broly (Z).

Similarly, there is a reason why Bardock's appearance is still in-line with the TV Special instead of Dragon Ball Minus (his costume from DBM has not even appeared in a major title!).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:16 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote: *sigh*

Broly (Super) will show up in future titles, but Broly (Z) is not going to be discarded.
Nostalgia will give Bamco more "green" with Broly (Z).

Similarly, there is a reason why Bardock's appearance is still in-line with the TV Special instead of Dragon Ball Minus (his costume from DBM has not even appeared in a major title!).
In all fairness, Bardock had the same appearance as the TV Special in his brief appearance in the manga, and in the games since Minus came out (to the best of my knowledge) the only scene replicated was his final stand against Freeza.

Since Xenoverse mentions Gine (and she's even recruitable in Fusions), it could just as easily be said that it's the same Bardock as Minus.
...Really wish Toriyama would fill in the gaps between Minus and the flashback to Bardock's final stand.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:42 am

Shouldn't New Broli be named "Broli (Broli)"? :lol:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:25 am

In the laziest way possible. Broly (Super)...

Its not like alt outfits are a thing...

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:00 am

I can see the old movie Broly being used as an evil version of the DBS Broly. Since I strongly feel that our new Broly will become a good guy.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:04 am

Turles though? Have there been any hints or reveals about him? :O

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:37 pm

KayDash wrote:Now Heroes can have Classic Broly vs. Modern Broly... :shifty:
Fixed.

And yes! I wanna see that so much. :)
ShadowBardock89 wrote:future titles
Calling games as vaguely as possible as just "titles". It sort of has become normal to call this title, that title, etc title. Someday everything will just be a "title" and we won't even know what it is specifically anymore.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:21 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I can see the old movie Broly being used as an evil version of the DBS Broly. Since I strongly feel that our new Broly will become a good guy.
Guess I was right judging by the end game of the movie Dragon Ball Super: Broly :D

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:27 pm

They should just have Ikari Broly in the video games to distinguish them because Ikari Broly looks amazing but also nothing like the old Broly. Black spiky hair with yellow eyes is a new thing for him.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:55 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
KayDash wrote:Now Heroes can have Classic Broly vs. Modern Broly... :shifty:
Fixed.

And yes! I wanna see that so much. :)
ShadowBardock89 wrote:future titles
Calling games as vaguely as possible as just "titles". It sort of has become normal to call this title, that title, etc title. Someday everything will just be a "title" and we won't even know what it is specifically anymore.
...do you even know what you're saying?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:55 pm

I think this thread has its place in the "general franchise discussion", I got one interesting idea for fanfic artist or fanmangaka, heck even In video games they can do that sort of what if story if they want/can play this card. The idea is Broly (93 movie) and Broli (DBS Movie) are twins the shy one being older than the dangerous one.

Imagine the possibilites of story playing this card "the evil and good twins brother" that would be good.

Also here is my own take on this idea for my own DB work project.
https://imgur.com/3PQPyR0

It's in French but the thing in bracket would perhaps help.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:04 am

Broly(Super)"Hello...my name is Broly and this guy right here..."

OG Broly-"YAAAAAH"

Broly(Super)-"His name's also Broly. He's my....crazy twin brother..."

OG Broly-"Eheheh! Yeeeah. Show me a good time, or else I'll destroy this entire planet. Now...WHERE ARE YOU KAKAROT?!"

*screen shakes and New Brolys steps back while the OG's yelling*
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:07 pm

I will say, in regards to Xenoverse 2, I MUCH prefer the new Broly's model to that of OG Broly. It looks so much better. I do wish he had a bit more dialogue in-game as opposed to just shouting, but I understand in the context of the form that he's basically gone nuts by this point so it fits.