2 Brolys

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

2 Brolys

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:36 pm

Actually, now, with the new movie, a one interesting moment have appeared. Broly is 2 different characters: classical Broly and modern Broly. Non-canon and canon. And if MasakoX is right, probably same goes to Bardock and Turles (O_o). How games will manage this situation? Particularly, Dragon Ball FighterZ. What do you think?

Kaboom

Re: 2 Brolys

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:32 pm

Alternate skins would be the most sensible option. Broli's main fighting forms, specifically his big LSS state, are still more or less the same, and even his outfits are still mostly similar.

That's how I'd expect him to show up in Xenoverse sooner or later, as a new skin/outfit for standard Broli, with new moves and dialogue. I'm sure FighterZ will instead opt to waste a slot by making him a separate character, though, given its roster choices so far
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:59 pm

Broly's chest is much wider and larger in his classic look so they'll probably be counted as separate characters. I can see him being in Xenoverse 3 as a separate playable.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:16 am

Now Heroes can have Broly vs. Broly... :shifty:

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:48 am

Kaboom wrote:Alternate skins would be the most sensible option. Broli's main fighting forms, specifically his big LSS state, are still more or less the same, and even his outfits are still mostly similar.

That's how I'd expect him to show up in Xenoverse sooner or later, as a new skin/outfit for standard Broli, with new moves and dialogue. I'm sure FighterZ will instead opt to waste a slot by making him a separate character, though, given its roster choices so far
This... probably. Would be interesting to see which is the default skin though.

Also it really depends on his moveset and whether he shows any unique moves in the new film, we haven't seen anything that would suggest new attacks, but we really only have one trailer to go off so far.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:49 am

I don't know about FighterZ or other future games, but in the case of Xenoverse, I'd imagine we'll likely get the new Broly as a new character slot, likely called 'Broly (Super)', akin to how we got 'Android 17 (Super)'.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:43 pm

Whether we get the new one in X2 or X3, I want his stats and super soul to be better than the original's. After all, from the preview alone, Broly just dominates everything to at least SSJ Blue. And that's without transforming. Because his normal one really kind of sucks. The stamina regen is probably the second slowest to only UI Goku.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Broly will probably be 2 different characters in most games, while Bardock will just have alternate outfits.
Games that priorities main series stuff will likely prioritize new Broly and Bardock.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:37 pm

The real question is will the new Broly be getting all the forms in Heroes just like old Broly?
Will we see "New-Broly" in SSJ3 or SSJ4 forms now? Or will they leave him alone and still focus on old Broly?
Gyt Kaliba wrote:I don't know about FighterZ or other future games, but in the case of Xenoverse, I'd imagine we'll likely get the new Broly as a new character slot, likely called 'Broly (Super)', akin to how we got 'Android 17 (Super)'.
DBS 17 is still the same 17. They added "(Super)" to let you know it's 17 from Super, just like there is "Goku (GT)". Although i don't think there is "Goku (Super)" correct me if i'm wrong. 17's case is stupid because they could make him a skin for 17 and only change his moves a bit. Super 17 couldn't work this way because he is different character with very different moves and look (he is simply a lot taller), but with DBS 17 i see no reason to make him a seperate character. RoF Gohan was a skin for Adult Gohan and it was fine.

Broly though will be completely different character so he obviously shouldn't be just a skin.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:43 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:The real question is will the new Broly be getting all the forms in Heroes just like old Broly?
Will we see "New-Broly" in SSJ3 or SSJ4 forms now? Or will they leave him alone and still focus on old Broly?
Gyt Kaliba wrote:I don't know about FighterZ or other future games, but in the case of Xenoverse, I'd imagine we'll likely get the new Broly as a new character slot, likely called 'Broly (Super)', akin to how we got 'Android 17 (Super)'.
DBS 17 is still the same 17. They added "(Super)" to let you know it's 17 from Super, just like there is "Goku (GT)". Although i don't think there is "Goku (Super)" correct me if i'm wrong. 17's case is stupid because they could make him a skin for 17 and only change his moves a bit. Super 17 couldn't work this way because he is different character with very different moves and look (he is simply a lot taller), but with DBS 17 i see no reason to make him a seperate character. RoF Gohan was a skin for Adult Gohan and it was fine.

Broly though will be completely different character so he obviously shouldn't be just a skin.
I think the old Broly will eventually become obsolete and only Super's Broly will remain. They may have his old clothes as an alt costume, but that's about it. It will take 2-3 years for this to happen, but I think it'll happen.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:49 pm

Nickolaidas wrote: I think the old Broly will eventually become obsolete and only Super's Broly will remain. They may have his old clothes as an alt costume, but that's about it. It will take 2-3 years for this to happen, but I think it'll happen.
I highly doubt it. They even added old Broly for FighterZ as DLC even though they had to know about Broly coming in movie. The same goes for DB Legends. Why waste time fr character that is meant to be erased?
I doubt they will just ignore old Broly after so many years of him making so much money, although giving SSJ3, SSJ4 and other forms to New Broly will again make money for sure.

I guess we have to wait for new DB game and see i they add both Brolys or just one.

Honestly, it's even possible old Broly will still appear more often than new one since he has many fans. It depends on how successful this movie will be.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:58 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote: I think the old Broly will eventually become obsolete and only Super's Broly will remain. They may have his old clothes as an alt costume, but that's about it. It will take 2-3 years for this to happen, but I think it'll happen.
I highly doubt it. They even added old Broly for FighterZ as DLC even though they had to know about Broly coming in movie. The same goes for DB Legends. Why waste time fr character that is meant to be erased?
Considering the fact ArcSys has yet to make a single character from the ToP (#17 kiiiiiinda excluded), do you really think they would've put a character from a movie which wasn't even announced back then?

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:38 pm

Since FighterZ is just adding other forms of characters as DLC *cough* AnotherdamnGokuandVegeta *cough* might as well add the new Broly.

Broly, Broly and Kefla, the team's power is truly MAXIMUM.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:57 pm

They'll be treated as two separate characters going forward. The "classic" movie version and the new "Super" version. He'll like get the treatment Trunks has in the games with all his various iterations (Future, GT, Xeno, Super)

As for Turles and Bardock, if the brief scene in the trailer we got is in fact an adaptation of Dragonball Minus, we could see a new version of Bardock closer to that incarnation. For Turles, I doubt we'll see him come back. Even though he was the first Evil Goku, I don't know how popular he is. After all, he's one of the few Saiyans to have had an opportunity to get a Super Saiyan form in Heroes that never did. He just got that weird Dark Dragonball corruption

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:14 am

I can't wait people getting pissed off on the inclusion of Broly (Super) and Goku (Ultra Instinct) in FighterZ season 2 DLC.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:20 am

I can see stuff with limited rosters going with the newer design, while the big grab-bags like Xenoverse and Heroes will have both versions.

FighterZ 2 will almost certainly replace their existing version of Broly with nu-Broly since that game primarily follows the Super aesthetic and they'll want to market the latest version. Maybe they'll update the moveset depending on what the new one might have, but otherwise they'll be pretty much the same.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:48 am

Just in regards to Xenoverse, I think that it will have a new slot for Super Broly. In fact I’m almost certain.
I believe they will have to add this new restricted SSJ Broly as he looks to be doing a hell of a lot of fighting in the trailer (he may even get more minutes fighting than LSSJ), and obviously his LSSJ form will always be included. So those two will likely appear.
Hopefully by that stage Xenoverse will finally allow characters to transform into these really different looking forms instead of having them as separate slots. I would love to see this Broly having all of his transformations too, but I can’t see that as things currently are.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:10 am

They could also go the way of Super Dragon Ball Z and make it Dragon Ball Super: Canon Edition for fighting and role playing games. It's unnecessary though, given that DBS should include its own Broly, and not the one from DBZ. Canon Edition would still be a thing to exclude the old anime and movie characters and keep it to the manga before they start balancing the series' content with Super in their games.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:53 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:They'll be treated as two separate characters going forward. The "classic" movie version and the new "Super" version. He'll like get the treatment Trunks has in the games with all his various iterations (Future, GT, Xeno, Super)

As for Turles and Bardock, if the brief scene in the trailer we got is in fact an adaptation of Dragonball Minus, we could see a new version of Bardock closer to that incarnation. For Turles, I doubt we'll see him come back. Even though he was the first Evil Goku, I don't know how popular he is. After all, he's one of the few Saiyans to have had an opportunity to get a Super Saiyan form in Heroes that never did. He just got that weird Dark Dragonball corruption
And before that, Turles was given a "King of Destruction" Majin form in Heroes, too.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:56 pm

Old Broli would probably be label down as "Broly (DBZ)" and the newest one would be label down as "Broly (Super)". Pretty simple and easy. I would imagine Broli in the upcoming movie would be a different character and would act differently too. So I can see them being two characters in future video games.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/