Have games introduced characters stronger than Zen'o and/or Super Shenlong?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Have games introduced characters stronger than Zen'o and/or Super Shenlong?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:23 am

Considering all of the crazy stuff in the games and side material (like Heroes and its manga/anime), have they ever introduced something stronger than Zeno and Super Shenron?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: So, I just have to know...

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:23 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Considering all of the crazy stuff in the games and side material (like Heroes and its manga/anime), have they ever introduced something stronger than Zeno and Super Shenron?
I don't think so. Even for Heroes, which has a crazy power level creep in it.

Though, the day they introduce someone stronger than Zeno, is the day Dragon Ball crosses over with franchises like DC and Marvel.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Re: Have games introduced characters stronger than Zen'o and/or Super Shenlong?

Post by Majin Demigra » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:46 pm

If you mean stronger than their anime versions, yes, several actually.

If you mean their game versions, no. They wouldn't bring anyone stronger than him before the main series even does.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:53 pm

Many of the "Xeno" versions of characters are stronger than DBS Zeno by scaling, including Xeno Goku, Xeno Vegeta, Mira, Towa, Chronoa and Demigra.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:08 am

ricky84 wrote:Many of the "Xeno" versions of characters are stronger than DBS Zeno by scaling, including Xeno Goku, Xeno Vegeta, Mira, Towa, Chronoa and Demigra.
Care to elaborate on this? Did Zeno lose to someone in the games?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:24 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
ricky84 wrote:Many of the "Xeno" versions of characters are stronger than DBS Zeno by scaling, including Xeno Goku, Xeno Vegeta, Mira, Towa, Chronoa and Demigra.
Care to elaborate on this? Did Zeno lose to someone in the games?
This sort of explains everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_nzC6Ht8Aw
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:24 am

He says Xeno Goku experiences the events of Movie 14, which is not true. Goku in XV2 does not know about the movie villains, there is not a single line about Goku acknowledging anyone, not even Slug (hell, Slug and Goku doesn't even meet each other in the game). He also takes Heroes animated trailers into account despite them being just trailers and most of them do not reflect what truly happens in the game. Xeno Goku does not fight against Demigra (Makyoka form) in base form in the game. Xeno Goku was prohibited from transforming into Super Saiyan 4 only because it could affect timeline, most likely in the sense that he would use a transformation that was not supposed to happen at/during that time or that would change events later, not because he would just destroy it. It doesn't even make sense, why someone transforming would destroy timeline?

It does not seem like he is a reliable source you should go by (well no wonder, it's a Youtuber...).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:43 pm

aww how cute. powerscalers using their head canon to determine matchups and using inconsistent anime trailers(when it's convenient for them) to provide support to their hilarious arguments. couple that in with youtube culture, and we have eons of supporters parroting the same flawed arguments.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:06 pm

Yeah, I don't buy that either. If Zeno was in Xeno Goku's place, he would just erase Fu and the Prison Planet and be done with it.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:58 am

Demigra after absorbing Toki Toki was a threat to multiverse, was stated to be able to control time and space and even destroy it(Erasing the history of the Verse and was going to be responsible for the collapse of DBH multiverse world and soon even our world), Goku Xeno took him out easily in just regular Super Saiyan. Mechikabura, SS4Goku Xeno, Mira, Broly Dark, Time Breaker Bardock etc. are all stronger than him through scaling. https://imgur.com/a/4WibN https://imgur.com/a/6Vcla

Also Demigra wanted to create his own timeline after destroying all others, meaning he is already superior to Zeno from the canon Super universe.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:50 am

CTAkuma wrote:Demigra after absorbing Toki Toki was a threat to multiverse, was stated to be able to control time and space and even destroy it(Erasing the history of the Verse and was going to be responsible for the collapse of DBH multiverse world and soon even our world), Goku Xeno took him out easily in just regular Super Saiyan. Mechikabura, SS4Goku Xeno, Mira, Broly Dark, Time Breaker Bardock etc. are all stronger than him through scaling. https://imgur.com/a/4WibN https://imgur.com/a/6Vcla

Also Demigra wanted to create his own timeline after destroying all others, meaning he is already superior to Zeno from the canon Super universe.
I tend not to take villains like that at their word when they make grandiose claims. As for what was actually happening, Zamasu was doing something similar but Zeno had no problem erasing him.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:56 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:Demigra after absorbing Toki Toki was a threat to multiverse, was stated to be able to control time and space and even destroy it(Erasing the history of the Verse and was going to be responsible for the collapse of DBH multiverse world and soon even our world), Goku Xeno took him out easily in just regular Super Saiyan. Mechikabura, SS4Goku Xeno, Mira, Broly Dark, Time Breaker Bardock etc. are all stronger than him through scaling. https://imgur.com/a/4WibN https://imgur.com/a/6Vcla

I tend not to take villains like that at their word when they make grandiose claims. As for what was actually happening, Zamasu was doing something similar but Zeno had no problem erasing him.
Demigra can control time and space after absorbing Toki Toki, Chronoa was scared that he was going to destroy the multiverse, so its safe to say he isn't just boasting. Infinite Zamasu was trying to merge with a Space Time continuum, he wasn't able to create let alone destroy one like Demigra was stated to multiple times

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:25 am

That seems more like a slow effect though, like Omega Shenron's dark energy eventually consuming the universe. Demigra still has a physical body and limited strength. I don't see why Zeno couldn't erase him.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:17 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:That seems more like a slow effect though, like Omega Shenron's dark energy eventually consuming the universe. Demigra still has a physical body and limited strength. I don't see why Zeno couldn't erase him.
It isn't a slow effect, it was stated that he could create his own timeline, meaning he has to have power on that level of conceptual reality warping to be able to this, which is supported by the fact that he was granted full control of space and time by absorbing toki toki.

You can't erase beings stronger than you or else Beerus could oneshot Zeno, also Demigra has resistance to Existential erasure

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:29 am

CTAkuma wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:That seems more like a slow effect though, like Omega Shenron's dark energy eventually consuming the universe. Demigra still has a physical body and limited strength. I don't see why Zeno couldn't erase him.
It isn't a slow effect, it was stated that he could create his own timeline, meaning he has to have power on that level of conceptual reality warping to be able to this, which is supported by the fact that he was granted full control of space and time by absorbing toki toki.

You can't erase beings stronger than you or else Beerus could oneshot Zeno, also Demigra has resistance to Existential erasure
It was stated he was immune to being erased? Did Zeno try to erase him and fail?

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:32 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:

It was stated he was immune to being erased? Did Zeno try to erase him and fail?
No but he would be resistant to it by being stronger than Zeno(from the super continuity not Heroes) since that is how erasing people works in Dragonball

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:01 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
CTAkuma wrote: It isn't a slow effect, it was stated that he could create his own timeline, meaning he has to have power on that level of conceptual reality warping to be able to this, which is supported by the fact that he was granted full control of space and time by absorbing toki toki.

No but he would be resistant to it by being stronger than Zeno(from the super continuity not Heroes) since that is how erasing people works in Dragonball
I don't buy it. Seems like flawed powerscaling to me.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:05 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
That's how Heroes scaling works and how erasing people works in DB, unless you think Beerus could oneshot Zeno. Zeno from Heroes would logically be stronger than Demigra, but not Zeno from Supers continuity

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:09 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
CTAkuma wrote: No but he would be resistant to it by being stronger than Zeno(from the super continuity not Heroes) since that is how erasing people works in Dragonball
That's how Heroes scaling works and how erasing people works in DB, unless you think Beerus could oneshot Zeno. Zeno from Heroes would logically be stronger than Demigra, but not Zeno from Supers continuity
There are two or only one Zeno in DBH?

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:53 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
There are two or only one Zeno in DBH?
There are actually 3 Zeno's counting Dragonball Heroes and Super Dragonball Heroes, 1 from the DBH continuity which follows mostly movie and Dragonball online canon up to Battle of Gods(This is the continuity where Xeno Goku SS4 comes from) and the 2 Zeno's from Capsule Corps Goku's timeline(This Goku is the one with Super saiyan blue and which takes from Supers continuity)(Note:Capsule Corps Goku and his timeline is not 1:1 the exact same as canon Supers Timeline)