"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:27 pm

Majin Demigra wrote:who wants to bet that Hit/Coooler/Kit Fisto is that white haired kid
Which white haired kid ? Who ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:30 pm

Nah, the white-haired kid is Froze's human form.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:57 pm

The new dude has a Galactic Patrol symbol on his chest, so I wonder if that group has a multiversal presence now.
Feels over Reals.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:04 pm

RedHeat wrote:The new dude has a Galactic Patrol symbol on his chest, so I wonder if that group has a multiversal presence now.
Its kinda been my dream that the in the future (like DBOnline time) the Galactic Patrol spreads across the multiverse and the Pride Troopers, Sadala Elite Forces, etc are all under them. They would need to change their name to the Multiversal Patrol.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

EveBlaze31
Beyond Newbie

Post by EveBlaze31 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:19 pm

Finally got to know what Froze (human) looks like animated nice.

Since we saw him we will see the rest of the avatars too?

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:04 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:Nah, the white-haired kid is Froze's human form.
whoops never mind then

TreIII

Post by TreIII » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:41 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
TreIII wrote:
kizuki wrote:
Fair enough. I didn't realize the difference between the Arcade version and the 3DS versions as far as the story/lore went. Either way, I like that it opens the door for localization, together with the popularity of Dragon Ball at an all time high globally.

Also, didn't realize they were still announcing new Amiibo. That whole thing has been quiet as far as I could tell, usually I'd notice some big announcements but I guess they're going to do something with the new Smash then? It'd be a pretty easy cash cow for Nintendo and Bandai to make SBDH Amiibo that can into the game like a card would for the Arcade version. Then again, they could have done that with the 3DS and never did, as far as I can remember, with the whole NFC thing though they did do it with Yokai Watch 3. (Sorry to bring up a few others games, don't want to make it about them just making comparisons.)
Oh, they still are announcing amiibo. Every new character announced for Smash is getting a corresponding amiibo to go along with, and that includes 3rd party characters like Simon Belmont.

Anyway...I'm personally hoping Beat isn't the sole "OC" character option you're locked into as you play the story. I'll admit I'm a bit spoiled, considering the likes of Fusions and of course XV allowed me to rock whatever race hero I wanted.
You’ll be able to choose from the following races. Saiyan male, saiyan female, Majin, frieza’s clan, namekian, Android, Kaioshin, And demon. But in the Hero city hub world you’ll be locked as beat(it’ll be possible like UMX there will be 2 hubs the one where you’re beat and the one your avatar can travel) but no matter what in battle your avatar will be the race you chose, also every race has their own equivalent forms to SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3, SSJGod, SSJBlue
Alright, I can work with that.

I was aware that each race has their own upgrades to work with, so that's all the better.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:21 pm

So what is this compares to the arcade game?

Is it after the Universe Mission or before? Or in another continuity or a reboot?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:07 pm

Bullza wrote:So what is this compares to the arcade game?

Is it after the Universe Mission or before? Or in another continuity or a reboot?
Another continuity. I think it's trying to be more accessible to a wider audience, making me more hopeful it's gonna be an international release
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:32 am

I must say - this new grey character looks interesting. I always enjoy game exclusive characters, so I'm curious what they will do with him. Looks like he is another villain who is messing with time, as we see him in Crack of Time.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:23 am

I am tripping out over the fact that regular, human Froze and a Victory Mission-specific design for Note have made their way into the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are those firsts?

I'm fairly certain both were designed by Toyotaro for the comic rather than being hand-me-downs from Shueisha (like the in-game avatars), so if so, it's kind of remarkable that it seems to be taking such heavy cues from VM.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:30 am

Mnich wrote:I must say - this new grey character looks interesting. I always enjoy game exclusive characters, so I'm curious what they will do with him. Looks like he is another villain who is messing with time, as we see him in Crack of Time.
given that, I hope he makes it into future dragonball games that use other video game content.

I'd most definitely be up for a Xenoverse game adapting the Dark Demon Realm, Prison Planet and Legends content into them, and this guy seems like he's make a great addition. Fu's ability to move throughout the history of the universe opens up immense cross-continuity potential.

You could have the TOP end up with a team made of the masked saiyans, chamel etc with Mechikabura as the hakaishin stand in for that team, you could have Shallot and Giblet displaced into the story where Goku Black attacks, but he goes back and Zamasu has allied with the hooded saiyan. This guy in Heroes could emerge as an oppertunist after Demigra is beaten.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:58 pm

Cipher wrote:I am tripping out over the fact that regular, human Froze and a Victory Mission-specific design for Note have made their way into the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are those firsts?

I'm fairly certain both were designed by Toyotaro for the comic rather than being hand-me-downs from Shueisha (like the in-game avatars), so if so, it's kind of remarkable that it seems to be taking such heavy cues from VM.
Froze is definitely a Victory Mission nod. However some of the Saiyan characters have had casual clothing designs for their out-of-game selves before, since the first animated trailers. I haven't paid close enough attention to whether specific outfits debuted with Bandai or Toyotaro first though.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:22 pm

Cipher wrote:I am tripping out over the fact that regular, human Froze and a Victory Mission-specific design for Note have made their way into the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are those firsts?
Human Froze already appeared in Ultimate Mission X in the overworld.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:53 pm

If this does get a west release any chance the heroes anime will get dubbed to advertise it?

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:25 pm

World Mission got rated for Australia.

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS...

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Finally!
I'm very excited to finally play a Heroes game! Hopefully they regularly update this game with new cards, especially the cards based on the new movie.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:54 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Finally!
I'm very excited to finally play a Heroes game! Hopefully they regularly update this game with new cards, especially the cards based on the new movie.
I really hope they bring back the card customization and custom missions from UMX, it'd be neat to see what people all over the world would create.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:25 pm

So since it seems like we might be getting this game after all, quick question for anyone that's played Heroes before. I remember when they added the figure coliseum thing to Xenoverse 2, a lot of people compared that to Heroes. Was that due to them playing similarly at all, or just a similar look to it all? I'm curious since...well, I'm not really that fond of the figure coliseum in how it plays. So if Heroes plays anything like that, then I can probably be prepared not to have a lot of fun with this one. :crazy:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Finally!
I really hope they bring back the card customization and custom missions from UMX, it'd be neat to see what people all over the world would create.
I just learned about how that game allowed customization and I must say, WE NEED THIS FOR WORLD MISSIONS, IT'S FUCKING HILARIOUS!

UMX allowed people to make custom missions? Link please? I love player made content in games
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017