"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:05 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Does this look like a new character to anyone else?
There seems to be a resemblance to Cooler, but the head isn't right and the character seems to be holing a staff and I'm pretty sure they have a skirt on.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote: The previous games had their own unique story mode with those characters, but also featured direct ports of the arcade missions to play. So you could go through the game's "original" story mode, or go back and play through the arcade versions and experience that version of the story as well. If World Mission is focusing only on SDBH up through UVM2, then the arcade material (presuming it's included as before) will start directly with the Demon Gods and Mechickaboola.
As long as it has it's own story that can be easily enjoyed by western fans I don't think it's a problem.
Some Heroes in the west is better than no Heroes.
The real question is... whether it will get an anime adaptation.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:47 pm

What are the odds the Switch game will have Ganos the rest of the non-U11 characters from the ToP playable?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:04 am

shadd21 wrote:What are the odds the Switch game will have Ganos the rest of the non-U11 characters from the ToP playable?
Some of them are in the Arcade version (like Anilaza or Katopesla) so they'll be here too.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:32 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Does this look like a new character to anyone else?
There seems to be a resemblance to Cooler, but the head isn't right and the character seems to be holing a staff and I'm pretty sure they have a skirt on.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote: The previous games had their own unique story mode with those characters, but also featured direct ports of the arcade missions to play. So you could go through the game's "original" story mode, or go back and play through the arcade versions and experience that version of the story as well. If World Mission is focusing only on SDBH up through UVM2, then the arcade material (presuming it's included as before) will start directly with the Demon Gods and Mechickaboola.
As long as it has it's own story that can be easily enjoyed by western fans I don't think it's a problem.
Some Heroes in the west is better than no Heroes.
Yeah but you’re literally missing out on everything that leads up to mechikabura’s revival and the dark dragon balls being activated, which is kinda a big deal because it’s important to the story. Otherwise this big baddy they’ve been hyping up wont make much sense

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:41 am

for all we know they could well do a recap mode of the story so far for the game, or they are banking on the enthusiasts for Heroes who wanted it to be up to speed on the story.

The new guy, I personally think is a demon god, but probably new

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:49 pm

shadd21 wrote:What are the odds the Switch game will have Ganos the rest of the non-U11 characters from the ToP playable?
This game covers Super Dragon Ball Heroes 1-8 and Universe Missions 1 and 2. Super Dragon Ball Heroes 1-8 is when they covered the ToP, so you'll get a decent number of characters from there, but the game never had every ToP fighter.
S3 Hendrix wrote: Yeah but you’re literally missing out on everything that leads up to mechikabura’s revival and the dark dragon balls being activated, which is kinda a big deal because it’s important to the story. Otherwise this big baddy they’ve been hyping up wont make much sense
If they are going to be writing their own story anyways that doesn't matter, they'd do their own version of those events probably.

TreIII

Post by TreIII » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:12 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:If they are going to be writing their own story anyways that doesn't matter, they'd do their own version of those events probably.
Pretty much what I was thinking. After all, the entire allure of a home version is that not only is it a version you can play at home; for some others, it may be the only version of the game you get to play.

At the very least, the game-exclusive campaign should likely make sure that consumers won't be too lost on who these characters are. Then they can likely roll over and play the arcade version missions without much trouble.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:25 pm

Is this confirmed for a western release?

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:44 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Is this confirmed for a western release?
No.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:08 pm

I would love to get this but going by his the West has treated Heroes in the past I can’t get excited

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:58 am

What's gonna happen to the over 3000 cards from before Super DBH? There's some characters there that never got new cards in recent sets.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:50 am

This is a definite buy for me, love this games! While I understand why the majority won't be doing this, it would be nice to have more people buying this game since the Switch isn't region-locked.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:28 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:What's gonna happen to the over 3000 cards from before Super DBH? There's some characters there that never got new cards in recent sets.
They won't be in the game unless they decide to release old cards in updates, or those characters get new cards that are added via updates.
What characters would be missing btw?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:13 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:What's gonna happen to the over 3000 cards from before Super DBH? There's some characters there that never got new cards in recent sets.
They won't be in the game unless they decide to release old cards in updates, or those characters get new cards that are added via updates.
From what I know Kuriza, Hatchiyack's second form, most of the Majin characters, probably most of movie villain's henchmen. I'm not sure if there were any recent cards for Zarbon and Dodoria or all of Freeza/Cell/Buu forms either.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:37 pm

Xeogran wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
From what I know Kuriza, Hatchiyack's second form, most of the Majin characters, probably most of movie villain's henchmen. I'm not sure if there were any recent cards for Zarbon and Dodoria or all of Freeza/Cell/Buu forms either.
I have no idea what promo cards are covered, but from the main sets covered I found Dodoria, Monster Zarbon, 1st Form Freeza, Super Buu that transforms into Gotenks Buu, Androids 14 and 15, 1st Form Cell, Turles' henchmen, Slug's henchmen, Paragus' henchmen, and Bojack's henchmen. Seems the only henchmen we're missing are Garlic Jr's, Wheelo's, and Cooler's, and only the last one is really a bummer to me.
If they update with Universe Mission 3 pretty fast then we'll get Cooler's armored Squadron and the Spice Boys as well as a regular form Zarbon and updating to Universe 4 would give us Wheelo's.
The biggest missing thing for me that isn't a henchman is Gohan Buu.
If they want to use any characters that don't have cards for the story they can easily just have them as boss only characters.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:18 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:Is this confirmed for a western release?
No, but you can import it since the Switch is region free.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:40 am

Better screen shots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDoT0UQtkTg

We see cards here so maybe this version will still use them
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:15 am

Kanassa wrote:Better screen shots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDoT0UQtkTg

Lol of corse this version is still gonna use cards it’ll have atleast 1,160 cards

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:31 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:

Lol of corse this version is still gonna use cards it’ll have atleast 1,160 cards
I meant physical cards
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:10 pm

Kanassa wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:

I meant physical cards
No, non of the console versions use physical cards. We know the switch version won’t for sure because they’re putting the bottom screen and top screen together on one screen