"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:24 am

OK, so Heroes experts, what--if any--characters will not be in World Mission? I ask this as someone who knows very little about the series.

Looking at the list of overall Heroes characters, I'm hoping to get to play as a lot of the really obscure characters from DB and Z, like the DB movie villains.

Also I really REALLY want to play as teen/adult Gotenks, and teen/adult Trunks and Goten, because I want to have them fight together and pretend they're a married battle couple. So I'm hoping they're in as well, since I believe they were some of the earliest cards.
Trunks & Goten forever

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:42 am

You can use Heroes website cardlist to know which cards will be in World Mission by using the search bars. Paste a character's name (in Japanese obviously) in the first search bar for a complete list of all their cards and if you want to filter it, use the second bar (left) and select a mission (but only from SDBH1 to UM2).

There is something in-between GDM1 and SDBH1, that's a list of the promotional cards for SDBH series. The same goes for what it is in-between SDBH8 and UM1, promotional cards for the UM series.

It seems it might be possible for cards from pre-SDBH1 to be in the game through the Creation Mode or something though, but it is best to wait for more information on that.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:41 am

Grimlock wrote:You can use Heroes website cardlist to know which cards will be in World Mission by using the search bars. Paste a character's name (in Japanese obviously) in the first search bar for a complete list of all their cards and if you want to filter it, use the second bar (left) and select a mission (but only from SDBH1 to UM2).

There is something in-between GDM1 and SDBH1, that's a list of the promotional cards for SDBH series. The same goes for what it is in-between SDBH8 and UM1, promotional cards for the UM series.

It seems it might be possible for cards from pre-SDBH1 to be in the game through the Creation Mode or something though, but it is best to wait for more information on that.
Characters who don’t have cards in SDBH and only normal DBH will still be playable because creation mode will allow us to create our own cards

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:47 am

Grimlock wrote:You can use Heroes website cardlist to know which cards will be in World Mission by using the search bars. Paste a character's name (in Japanese obviously) in the first search bar for a complete list of all their cards and if you want to filter it, use the second bar (left) and select a mission (but only from SDBH1 to UM2).

OK, so, Gurumes and Lucifer are UM5, so that means they missed the cutoff? :(

At least it looks like there's plenty of adult Goten/Trunks/Gotenks cards.
Trunks & Goten forever

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:15 am

Note, Froze, Kabra, Kagyu and Nimu seem to be playable in the story mode, though unlike Beat, they seem to have 2 preset decks each. Also, a look at Sealas' sentient AI.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:33 am

I'm not really into Heroes so could anyone explain to me how does collecting characters look like in those ports?
I mean you buy cards for arcade game to have those characters playable, bo what about console ports like World? Do you unlock characters by playing missions or something like that?
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:41 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:I'm not really into Heroes so could anyone explain to me how does collecting characters look like in those ports?
I mean you buy cards for arcade game to have those characters playable, bo what about console ports like World? Do you unlock characters by playing missions or something like that?
The 3DS ports give you cards every time you finish a mission. There are also gatcha-style card-drawing machines you can spend in-game tokens on. But mostly you just get them as you play.

At least for Ultimate Mission X, in arcade mode, you can use absolutely any cards you've collected, while in story mode, you're limited to those who match characters you've recruited to use as partners (and beyond that, rarer cards for those characters are restricted until you level up those partners by using them on your team).

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:43 am

If there was any doubt about ss3 Raditz.

Also, pre-orders are up on Amazon now
sunsetshimmer wrote:I'm not really into Heroes so could anyone explain to me how does collecting characters look like in those ports?
Assuming it'll be similar to the 3DS games, you can collect cards in multiple ways:
Battle Rewards (You fight Vegeta, you get some Vegeta cards linked to that specific variation of Vegeta)
Card Specific Missions
A Card Dispensing Machine that you use Hero Coins for (When you win a battle and the rewarded cards are ones you already have, they're converted into Hero Coins)
Story Mode Progression
Challenges
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:36 pm

Details on Amuzu, one of the new characters/probable "twist" final boss featured in this month's V-Jump:
(Note: I'm pretty sure the implication is that Amuzu can change its own form, rather than someone else's, but it's worded in such a way that being able to make out the actual text in the screenshots might help, which current scans aren't good enough to do with. May have to update after the magazine actually releases.)

And details on the avatars and team battles in what is now basically Victory Mission: The Game:
Rinsankajugin wrote:So I gotta ask, for anyone who's played UMX, how in-depth was the card creator? Like, what stuff could you customize, and was it possible to play as boss characters that way?
Just saw this: There is no card-creation in the game. Just mission creation. It's moderately robust in UMX, but limited what you've unlocked in Story Mode. You can select the setting, team of characters, increase their parameters with accessories to create boss/super-boss/god-boss level fights, and set the AI difficulty or record specific moves on each turn yourself. You can also set Ultra Clear and Legend Clear goals from a list of rather limited options. You can then upload them for other people to challenge. As far as I know, there's no way to use non-card boss characters. But there are also very few of those--most bosses are just regular cards with souped-up abilities and stats.

The World Mission version will apparently add at least the ability to swap different special moves between cards to that list.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Cipher wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:So I gotta ask, for anyone who's played UMX, how in-depth was the card creator? Like, what stuff could you customize, and was it possible to play as boss characters that way?
Just saw this: There is no card-creation in the game. Just mission creation. It's moderately robust in UMX, but limited what you've unlocked in Story Mode. You can select the setting, team of characters, increase their parameters with accessories to create boss/super-boss/god-boss level fights, and set the AI difficulty or record specific moves on each turn yourself. You can also set Ultra Clear and Legend Clear goals from a list of rather limited options. You can then upload them for other people to challenge. As far as I know, there's no way to use non-card boss characters. But there are also very few of those--most bosses are just regular cards with souped-up abilities and stats.

The World Mission version will apparently add at least the ability to swap different special moves between cards to that list.
Hmm, that's weird. I remember seeing gameplay videos of UMX where people were using custom cards during regular battles.
Last edited by Rinsankajugin on Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:04 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:Hmm, that's weird. I remember seeing gameplay videos of UMX where people were using custom cards during regular battles.
Story Mode lets you equip characters with accessories that can mix and match abilities, so that's probably what you're thinking of.

It's one of the things that makes Story Mode extremely, ridiculously easy.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:08 pm

Cipher wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:Hmm, that's weird. I remember seeing gameplay videos of UMX where people were using custom cards during regular battles.
Story Mode lets you equip characters with accessories that can mix and match abilities, so that's probably what you're thinking of.

It's one of the things that makes Story Mode extremely, ridiculously easy.
Ah, I see. Also, I just realized...
Cipher wrote:List of rewards upon raising Bond Level:

Note: Accessories (Parameter type)

Kabra: Gasha ticket

Kagyu: Accessories (Ability type)

Froze: Blank cards

Kabra: Accessories (Special type)
What the heck is a "blank card"?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:15 pm

So, basically... We got companion quests? Great, now I'm gonna spend a fortune grinding Companion Gifts to raise affection!

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:22 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:What the heck is a "blank card"?
Your guess is as good as mine. It's not featured in UMX, so it might be something new for World Mission. A card that can be turned into another one? Idk.
Kanassa wrote:So, basically... We got companion quests? Great, now I'm gonna spend a fortune grinding Companion Gifts to raise affection!
The magazine screenshot combined with the text makes it seem like the Bond Level is just something that raises automatically after using the character in a team battle.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Cipher wrote:
Kanassa wrote:So, basically... We got companion quests? Great, now I'm gonna spend a fortune grinding Companion Gifts to raise affection!
The magazine screenshot combined with the text makes it seem like the Bond Level is just something that raises automatically after using the character in a team battle.
I was joking.

Kanassa wrote:

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:01 pm

Kanassa wrote:Image

If there was any doubt about ss3 Rad9itz.

Also, pre-orders are up on Amazon now
Assuming it'll be similar to the 3DS games, you can collect cards in multiple ways:
Battle Rewards (You fight Vegeta, you get some Vegeta cards linked to that specific variation of Vegeta)
Card Specific Missions
A Card Dispensing Machine that you use Hero Coins for (When you win a battle and the rewarded cards are ones you already have, they're converted into Hero Coins)
Story Mode Progression
Challenges
He's beautiful!

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:35 am

Do we know if the avatar characters like Beat etc will have their transformations?
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:50 am

dualist wrote:Do we know if the avatar characters like Beat etc will have their transformations?
Considering the game also ports over the first ten sets of Super Dragon Ball Heroes and its related arcade campaigns, there's a zero-percent chance the avatars won't all have their full transformation lines. The most recent V-Jump feature also mentions specifically that the other avatar characters in Story Mode undergo their class upgrades (which are what unlock new temporary or permanent transformations for them).

Basically, if it was a thing between Super Dragon Ball Heroes Set 1 and Universe Mission Set 2, it's in this game.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:30 pm

Cipher wrote:
dualist wrote:Do we know if the avatar characters like Beat etc will have their transformations?
Considering the game also ports over the first ten sets of Super Dragon Ball Heroes and its related arcade campaigns, there's a zero-percent chance the avatars won't all have their full transformation lines. The most recent V-Jump feature also mentions specifically that the other avatar characters in Story Mode undergo their class upgrades (which are what unlock new temporary or permanent transformations for them).

Basically, if it was a thing between Super Dragon Ball Heroes Set 1 and Universe Mission Set 2, it's in this game.
Thanks, bro!
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:25 pm

So with this whole Creation Mode thing, hopefully this means that we can get Super Saiyan Pan after all. Or heck, maybe even Super Saiyan Gine, that'd be hilarious.
Caulifla best girl! :)