Dokkan vs Legends

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Dokkan vs Legends

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:19 pm

Which game do you prefer? In my opinion, it's Legends. Although I like the simple bubble popping fun of Dokkan, it doesn't really compare to the action-oriented fighting game that is Legends. And Legends give out free crystals a lot more often than Dokkan gives out stones, which reduces the amount of PayToWin players in the game since there is no need.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Dokkan vs Legends

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:09 pm

I only played Dokkan for really short time so i'm not sure if i can compare both.
But the reason i played it for such short time was because i didn't like it, so....i'd say Legends is much better because i play it since first day.

Legends has real gameplay to me, it's actually a fighting game. Dokkan is just clicking on some bubbles. I couldn't enjoy it at all.
It was like a random mobile game that just got DB-themed. Legends actually feel like DB game.

Also, from what i've heard, Legend is waaaaay more F2P friendly, at least for now.
I like Dokkan card arts tho, they are amazing. Also due to simplified graphics it's easier to make characters for it so there is bigger chance for really minor characters to appear in it.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:22 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:I only played Dokkan for a really short time so I'm not sure if I can compare both.
But the reason I played it for such a short time was that I didn't like it, so....i'd say Legends is much better because I play it since the first day.

Legends have real gameplay to me, it's actually a fighting game. Dokkan is just clicking on some bubbles. I couldn't enjoy it at all.
It was like a random mobile game that just got DB-themed. Legends actually feel like DB game.

Also, from what I've heard, Legend is waaaaay more F2P friendly, at least for now.
I like Dokkan card arts tho, they are amazing. Also due to simplified graphics, it's easier to make characters for it so there is a bigger chance for really minor characters to appear in it.
I agree. And I dare anyone that has played dokkan to tell me what the story was about. And people underestimate the importance of PvP in dragon ball games. I think dokkan would be a lot better than it is now if it had multiplayer Co-op or PvP. And the fact that all the cards in Legends look like UR´s anyways. And most of all, Legends made Krillin an actually useful unit.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:28 pm

Gotta go with Dokkan. I like Legends' art (blows most of Dokkans out of the water) but the simplified gameplay is easier if I'm at work or something easy.

But I will admit Legends feels like more of a DB game. Dokkan is actually a shit game, its only still going because of the revived interest in the series. But i like summoning and my 1100 day box is too good to give up

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:01 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Gotta go with Dokkan. I like Legends' art (blows most of Dokkans out of the water) but the simplified gameplay is easier if I'm at work or something easy.

But I will admit Legends feels like more of a DB game. Dokkan is actually a shit game, it's only still going because of the revived interest in the series. But i like summoning and my 1100 day box is too good to give up
I agree that dokkan is that kind of sit back relax simple game, a Legends is the PvP Dragon ball game. I think legends has better gameplay, while dokkan has better enjoyment with pulling for units, mostly because its been out longer and there are more units.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:37 am

I've been playing Dokkan for the last few years and I don't want to even try to guess a number as to how much money I've spent :shifty:

Legends looks very cool but I have yet to play it. I will say that Global Dokkan has gotten the shaft compared to JP Dokkan in terms of support, events, cards, etc. But I still enjoy the game. I just need to learn to play it FtP and not PtP :lolno:

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:I've been playing Dokkan for the last few years and I don't want to even try to guess a number as to how much money I've spent :shifty:

Legends look very cool but I have yet to play it. I will say that Global Dokkan has gotten the shaft compared to JP Dokkan in terms of support, events, cards, etc. But I still enjoy the game. I just need to learn to play it FTP and not PtP :lolno:
I think thats a problem with dokkan. It's not really FTP friendly. Its possible to play without buy dragon stones, but it's not gonna be as much fun as just having them and going for your next unit. Legends, on the other hand, practically gives away crono-crystals and grinding a few levels can give you even more so there is no need to buy unless you want to support the game or the banner is going away soon.