Does Anyone Remember the Original Tenkaichi 2 BGM?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Does Anyone Remember the Original Tenkaichi 2 BGM?

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Remember the early gameplay footage of Tenkaichi 2 which had original soundtracks for the game that didn't make it in the full release? It really takes me back since BT2 was the first DBZ game I was actively watching on YT before it came out.

But nowadays I can't find any gameplay with the soundtracks or/and the soundtracks on their own. I really liked those tracks and would like to hear them again.
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Does Anyone Remember the Original Tenkaichi 2 BGM?

Post by Thanos » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:29 am

Funnily enough, I do remember the GameTrailers videos on Tenkaichi 2... found 'em:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI7JwNc3WZc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yzD7777-hY

If I remember correctly, these were pretty much some of the earliest footage of the game released, but they do have the music tracks that were shipped with the game. Maybe you could be more specific?
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:24 am

TheUltimateVegito wrote:Remember the early gameplay footage of Tenkaichi 2 which had original soundtracks for the game that didn't make it in the full release? It really takes me back since BT2 was the first DBZ game I was actively watching on YT before it came out.

But nowadays I can't find any gameplay with the soundtracks or/and the soundtracks on their own. I really liked those tracks and would like to hear them again.
If you have a 360 or PS3, just buy a copy of Raging Blast 2. The new copies come bundled with the Tenkaichi 2 score instead so you're pretty much buying the Tenkaichi 2 soundtrack in a way.

I'll say, the Tenkaichi 2 OST is really good so as a replacement, that was an excellent idea. Still not as good as Yamamoto's score, though.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:38 am

This is probably not the case, but is it possible that what you're recalling could just be rearrangements of the Kikuchi score from early videos of the Japanese version?

TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:00 am

Thanos wrote:Funnily enough, I do remember the GameTrailers videos on Tenkaichi 2... found 'em:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI7JwNc3WZc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yzD7777-hY

If I remember correctly, these were pretty much some of the earliest footage of the game released, but they do have the music tracks that were shipped with the game. Maybe you could be more specific?
I can't remember it exactly since it's been many years but the earlier gameplay of Tenkaichi 2 before release had soundtracks that didn't make it into the final product. They were exclusive to those gameplay footage but I cannot find the gameplay or the soundtracks on their own.

If I remember correctly those soundtracks were used with gameplay of Frieza 100% using his ultimate (Can't remember who he fought) and gameplay of SSJ4 Goku vs Android 13. I can't remember the others if there are any.
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Captain-Sora wrote:This is probably not the case, but is it possible that what you're recalling could just be rearrangements of the Kikuchi score from early videos of the Japanese version?
Well, he referred to it as "Tenkaichi 2" and not "Sparking! NEO".

It only took like 28 years for the original music of Dragon Ball to be available in the West and even then, it's just bits and pieces (the Anime Music Packs for XV2 and FZ). I didn't really enjoy Xenoverse 2 a whole lot but with the Kikuchi music it would have made it so much better.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:26 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Well, he referred to it as "Tenkaichi 2" and not "Sparking! NEO".
People may use those interchangeably or are simply unfamiliar with the title change, so when some think back to old footage of BT2 prior to release, it's possible that they may be recalling clips of Japanese gameplay without realizing the alterations made to the BGM when brought over to other regions. :P

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:49 pm

I can remember the really early gameplay videos were Goku could actually transform to SS4 like in Budokai 3 instead of it being a separate character which was what happened in the final game.

I can't say I remember what music played in those videos though. I will say the English BT2 score is awesome though, and at times rivals the Kenji Yamamoto Budokai music.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:05 pm

90sDBZ wrote:I can't say I remember what music played in those videos though. I will say the English BT2 score is awesome though, and at times rivals the Kenji Yamamoto Budokai music.
Sadly, it was never released in high quality and the RB2 copies with the Tenkaichi 2 score has audio quality comparable to the PS2 version. I just remembered, Tenkaichi 2 was released on the Wii too but doubt it was any better.

This is a game score I'd love to own in HQ.