"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Game Project Z Action RPG" Announced.

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:03 pm

Kanassa wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:Unfortunately, it looks like there will be no info in this month's V-Jump.
News about Legends & Dokkan have appeared, but not Project Z.
It's the 18th, chill.
I'm chilled, well, not the Bardock villain. I guess the source could have been getting it from a different source, and maybe doesn't have access to the magazine themselves.

http://ryokutya2089.com

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:07 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:Unfortunately, it looks like there will be no info in this month's V-Jump.
News about Legends & Dokkan have appeared, but not Project Z.
It's the 18th, chill.
I'm chilled, well, not the Bardock villain. I guess the source could have been getting it from a different source, and maybe doesn't have access to the magazine themselves.

We never get all the Dragon Ball info at once in V-Jump leaks. Hell, unless the manga has taken a break for this month, we haven't even gotten a whiff of Manga leaks yet
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:11 pm

Kanassa wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:
Kanassa wrote: It's the 18th, chill.

We never get all the Dragon Ball info at once in V-Jump leaks. Hell, unless the manga has taken a break for this month, we haven't even gotten a whiff of Manga leaks yet
That's very true actually, though the source does give a brief summary of the Super chapter, it translates poorly in Google, and is incomprehensible.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:18 pm

I really hope we can use other Z-Warriors.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:03 am

Kanassa wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:07 pm We never get all the Dragon Ball info at once in V-Jump leaks. Hell, unless the manga has taken a break for this month, we haven't even gotten a whiff of Manga leaks yet
The manga isn't due out for nearly two weeks, so leaks aren't due for over a week at minimum

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:07 am

shadowmaria wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:03 am
Kanassa wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:07 pm We never get all the Dragon Ball info at once in V-Jump leaks. Hell, unless the manga has taken a break for this month, we haven't even gotten a whiff of Manga leaks yet
The manga isn't due out for nearly two weeks, so leaks aren't due for over a week at minimum
...You do realize that the post your responding too is almost a month old, right?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:30 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:07 am
...You do realize that the post your responding too is almost a month old, right?
...mistakes have been made. I must have been tired to not have noticed the date. :lol:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:07 am

shadowmaria wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:30 pm
Kanassa wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:07 am
...mistakes have been made. I must have been tired to not have noticed the date. :lol:
OR you're a mother fucking time traveler!

Kanassa wrote:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:37 pm

Welp, another month. Seemingly no new info. I’m expecting an info dump at E3. Some gameplay and confirmation on how far the story will go. A new trailer.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:40 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:37 pm Welp, another month. Seemingly no new info. I’m expecting an info dump at E3. Some gameplay and confirmation on how far the story will go. A new trailer.
Aww, why are they doing this

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:07 pm

Xeogran wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:40 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:37 pm Welp, another month. Seemingly no new info. I’m expecting an info dump at E3. Some gameplay and confirmation on how far the story will go. A new trailer.
I honestly feel like this game was meant for an E3 announcement but now they its already announced, they are saving up loads of info to drop at E3 and get the rest of the world attention onto the game.

Which is smart but also sucks because i really dont care about any other anime game at this time. All this waiting better pay off.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:58 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:07 pm
Xeogran wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:40 pm
I honestly feel like this game was meant for an E3 announcement but now they its already announced, they are saving up loads of info to drop at E3 and get the rest of the world attention onto the game.

Which is smart but also sucks because i really dont care about any other anime game at this time. All this waiting better pay off.
I thought it was because jump force and heroes on switch. They don't want casual fans and parents getting the wrong idea or getting confused ect .. like some casual gamers might assume heroes is a lesser version due to graphics and avoid. Doesn't matter if two different genres ect...

This is the first time they are doing heroes on switch and in the West. They don't want to take away from it.

That's my thought as companies do think that way ect..

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:50 pm

Even if the gameplay is garbage (because it's CC2) it still looks and sounds amazing. The presentation is absolutely beautiful.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:14 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:50 pm Even if the gameplay is garbage (because it's CC2) it still looks and sounds amazing. The presentation is absolutely beautiful.
Since when did cc2 have bad gameplay?

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:10 am

Button masher and QTE. But I digress, I love that it's using synthesized Kikuchi.

Apollo Fungus

Post by Apollo Fungus » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:18 pm

CC2's games (at least far as their Naruto Storm games, and by proxy Asura's Wrath, are concerned) aren't so much bad as they are just very shallow. The mechanics are really simple, characters don't have that many moves, and what they do have takes no effort to input. The focus is more on providing a game that can be played by the vast majority of people while looking very spectacular than providing one with more than a little bit of depth. This approach obviously isn't for everyone (speaking as someone who never got what the deal was with Asura's Wrath), but it's not bad by any means. If you're in the mood for it, having a very shallow game that absolutely focuses on style over substance can make for an enjoyable time.

It's hard to know if something similar will happen with their DBZ game right now, but I imagine they'll at least make a very competent game - whether that's what you want out of it is a different matter altogether.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:32 pm

I'd be happy with storm series gameplay for the fights. I do think that the gameplay needs to be accessible to people of all ages, and skill level.
Since Raging Blast 2, we haven't seen complicated combos, as Bandai Namco want these games to be accessible to children.

This game should cover all of Dragon Ball Z, and that includes ending with Uub.
It's probably being produced as part of the 30th Anniversary celebration, so they'll likely want it to be comprehensive, as revisiting the story again has to be worth it this time - by leaving no stone unturned story wise.
With this being an action RPG, they are able to go into greater detail with plenty of character interactions and missions, as with fighting games, the story focuses on just fights, with exception to brief cutscenes or narration in between, and aside from the first Budokai title, all the others were fairly linear.
Infinite World was ok, a good idea, but lacked quality execution.

With CC2 behind this, they have a solid track record in terms of storytelling, most notably with the Storm series of course.
Although it was an original story, Asura's Wrath had a great visual style, but was severely lacking in the gameplay department, though it does show what the studio is capable of when given the opportunity.
I've always wanted CC2 to make a DBZ game - adapting the source material, so this is what I've been waiting for.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:46 pm

I've seen the trailer a good chunk of times as it's absolutely beautiful but they've yet to show Cell and Majin Boo as we have only seen Freeza's arc so far. Hopefully we get to play as other characters than just Goku although it's "The Story of Goku" as per the narrator says.
DBZ_Lee wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:32 pm I'd be happy with storm series gameplay for the fights. I do think that the gameplay needs to be accessible to people of all ages, and skill level.
Since Raging Blast 2, we haven't seen complicated combos, as Bandai Namco want these games to be accessible to children.
Raging Blast 2 was a button-masher too, you could win battles just by bashing buttons and being constantly on 'rage mode' or whatever it was called so you'd spam the hell out. The past Dragon Ball Z which actually had combos to do, it was the Budokai series (inc. Infinite World). Tenkaichi 3 was fun but again, just mash buttons, ditch attacks and you'd win.

Don't know how deep the combos on FighterZ are but they made it open to every level of gamer.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:22 pm

I actually want them to give us from 23rd WT up to the end of the Freeza saga. That way we can do the story properly without skipping too many details and have all the characters that need to be in there be in there.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:06 pm

Worst case scenario, the combat is one combo. Best case scenario, the combat is a different combo depending on direction with basic and heavy attack buttons. Don’t expect too much for the combat system in this game.