"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Game Project Z Action RPG" Announced.

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:38 am

As beautiful as the game looks, I'm very disappointed that this will have the redundant Raditz to Buu story playthrough again. I thought we moved on from this. The Xenoverse series (to a degree) and FighterZ did.
goku the krump dancer wrote:Cyber Connect 2? FUCK.. I dont wanna keep mashing O to do combos.. Hopefully the gameplay isnt like that.
Yeah man, feeling the same way about CC2. There was a time that I wanted them to do a dbz game a long time ago back when Raging Blast 2 and Storm 2 were competing against each other. Gameplay wise, the Storm series went downhill after Storm Generations, with removing a couple combos from each character being an example.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:00 am

EXBadguy wrote:As beautiful as the game looks, I'm very disappointed that this will have the redundant Raditz to Buu story playthrough again. I thought we moved on from this. The Xenoverse series (to a degree) and FighterZ did.
goku the krump dancer wrote:Cyber Connect 2? FUCK.. I dont wanna keep mashing O to do combos.. Hopefully the gameplay isnt like that.
Yeah man, feeling the same way about CC2. There was a time that I wanted them to do a dbz game a long time ago back when Raging Blast 2 and Storm 2 were competing against each other. Gameplay wise, the Storm series went downhill after Storm Generations, with removing a couple combos from each character being an example.
It's what killed my interest in Asura's Wrath after playing the demo and seeing how similar it was to the Storm games I just decided i'd watch the cutscenes on YouTube instead of dropping the 60 bucks on it.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:07 am

The models kind of look like shit, but I'm reserving judgement until any gameplay is shown.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:29 am

EXBadguy wrote:As beautiful as the game looks, I'm very disappointed that this will have the redundant Raditz to Buu story playthrough again. I thought we moved on from this. The Xenoverse series (to a degree) and FighterZ did.
To be fair it looked like it starts with piccolo. But also we saw him learning the spirit bomb and stuff we haven't seen in all the fighting games. Plus Dragonball is as much about adventure as it is fighting. We haven't gone through the story pure in years and this been an RPG will be about the stuff we haven't seen before in those games too.

Should be fun.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:22 am

"This is the tale of the mysterious Dragon Balls... only we're starting it in the middle! The tale of Son Goku, the one they call Kakarot... only we're skipping his childhood"

Seriously, what a lame fucking trailer.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:46 am

Draconic wrote:"This is the tale of the mysterious Dragon Balls... only we're starting it in the middle! The tale of Son Goku, the one they call Kakarot... only we're skipping his childhood"

Right? Nothing here excited me at all. How many times we gonna see the same shit over & over? Yawn.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:45 am

Ugh. Raditz to Majin Boo again?

I mean, CC2 do have good track record when it comes to cinematic storytelling, but their RPG aspects have been unimpressive in the game I've seen them in.

I really hope there is more to the game than just playing as adult Goku through the second half of Dragon Ball's story, because it's been done dozens of times before and it doesn't get anymore interesting when it's retold again.

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:02 am

Draconic wrote:"This is the tale of the mysterious Dragon Balls... only we're starting it in the middle! The tale of Son Goku, the one they call Kakarot... only we're skipping his childhood"

IKR? I mean, they were ONLY omitted from Xenoverse because they can't fly!!
This game was the perfect game NOT to have the OG DB be treated as a "Goku grew up in peace on earth" block of text between Bardock and Raditz for once!

instead it's Raditz to Buu again (aside from XV and FighterZ).... :(
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:13 am

Maybe the other series like Super and DB will work as season DLCs? Though the title does say Project Z

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:48 am

KinguKurimuzon wrote:The models kind of look like shit, but I'm reserving judgement until any gameplay is shown.
I agree, i don't like goku :/

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:09 am

mute_proxy wrote:Maybe the other series like Super and DB will work as season DLCs? Though the title does say Project Z
Super I can see being DLC. :D
OG DB DLC will make the game even better!! :D
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:33 am

Website up with new images

And yeah, no images past the Frieza arc.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:10 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Ugh. Raditz to Majin Boo again?
I'll be honest here. No DBZ videogame had a visually well done Buu Saga. Most of the fighters (Tenkaichi and Budokais) only had brief dialogue exchanges and then straight into battle. Budokai 1, with best cutscenes, was only up to Cell.

This might be our very first opportunity to get a nice game adaptation of that arc. As long as it doesn't stop at Cell for some bizarre reasons again.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:12 am

Xeogran wrote:
I'll be honest here. No DBZ videogame had a visually well done Buu Saga. Most of the fighters (Tenkaichi and Budokais) only had brief dialogue exchanges and then straight into battle. Budokai 1, with best cutscenes, was only up to Cell.

This might be our very first opportunity to get a nice game adaptation of that arc. As long as it doesn't stop at Cell for some bizarre reasons again.
It might stop at Frieza
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:23 am

Kanassa wrote:It might stop at Frieza
In 2019? I feel like we're far past that point hopefully.

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:42 am

I'm getting legacy of goku vibes. Remember those underrated gems.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:20 am

The game having a release date of 2019 when they don't even have a name for it and only show a few seconds of gameplay(kinda), has me concerned that this is going to be rushed out the door.

If this only goes to the Freeza arc, I have to scratch my head... Goku get's killed by Raditz, then goes to train in the Otherworld which should provide a lengthy section to level up but after there's not much. He get's his ass beat by Vegeta, spends weeks in the Hospital, days inside a spaceship and finally we reach Namek. There's not a lot if this is going to be based solely on Goku.

Waiting for more news, not feeling this right now. Graphics look nice tho.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:24 am

Kanassa wrote:
Xeogran wrote:

It might stop at Frieza
That might not be a bad thing for me, I will probably be disinterred in Cell arc to even make Buu anyway.
LightBing wrote:The game having a release date of 2019 when they don't even have a name for it and only show a few seconds of gameplay(kinda), has me concerned that this is going to be rushed out the door.

If this only goes to the Freeza arc, I have to scratch my head... Goku get's killed by Raditz, then goes to train in the Otherworld which should provide a lengthy section to level up but after there's not much. He get's his ass beat by Vegeta, spends weeks in the Hospital, days inside a spaceship and finally we reach Namek. There's not a lot if this is going to be based solely on Goku.

Waiting for more news, not feeling this right now. Graphics look nice tho.
Pokemon has a game out this year and we have zero info on it so I don't think that is too concerning.

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:13 pm

Dragon Ball Zee: The Legacy Saga of Goku

Seriously, this looks awful compared to some of the newer games we have had (Fusions, FighterZ, even XV to some extent) - I hope I'm proved wrong but this seems like it might be a step backwards. I'm getting Sagas vibes all over again.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:16 pm

Kanassa wrote:Website up with new images

And yeah, no images past the Frieza arc.
Holy crap, Nappa looks like shit in that pic in the left.