Complete BT3 Info and Discussion Thread [UPDATED 10/02/07]

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:15 am

The opening looks good to me, how strange...
Sabat takes all the credit for a damn line he didn't even originally perform. What an ass!

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:19 am

In the Chris Sabat video, did he say that they were adding a Scene in BT3 that was "Over 9,000"? :shock: If it is, I will FINALLY die happy. :D
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:49 am

Yay for Screenshots! But two got my interest, Nova Shenron fifth picture, a crotch kick... And Seripa's fourth, Bardock looks weird...
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

TheTET

Post by TheTET » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:57 am

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:41 am

Wow, badass artwork expect for SSJ GT Goku, Pan and Majiuub.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Komati
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Komati » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:00 am

Sweet movie, but GT SSJ Goku and Majiuub artwork looked weird. Loved the SSJ4 Goku and SSJ4 Gogeta. But in the movie, why does Goku say Saprking Meteor with the english voice, when it's gonne be called Budokai Tenkaichi 4 here :? And Hell seems to be the only one of the new stages so far that's been designed from bottom, GP Gohan's house seems to be built on the Supreme Kai stage. :roll:

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:44 am

Komati wrote:Sweet movie, but GT SSJ Goku and Majiuub artwork looked weird. Loved the SSJ4 Goku and SSJ4 Gogeta. But in the movie, why does Goku say Saprking Meteor with the english voice, when it's gonne be called Budokai Tenkaichi 4 here :?
Well, it's a commercial for television in Japan. They probably just thought it would sound interesting to hire someone to announce the title with an American accent, since pretty much all of it is English. (Though the meteo as opposed to English "meteor" kind of kills the flow, at least from my perspective.) I know there's been similar things over here, where a game released in North America with a Japanese title has had someone announce it in a Japanese accent, but examples suddenly slip my mind.

The American commercials for this game, though, will probably just have Chris Sabat saying "DRAGON BALL ZEEEEEEE BUDDHA KAI TENKAI ITCHY THREEEEEE," as usual.
-Rachel

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:33 am

Am I the only one finding this image interesting? Looks like SSJ4 Goku, when knocked "down" goes back to Chibi Goku! Hell Yeah!!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:38 am

Sebastian (SB) wrote:
fps_anth wrote:OMG Japanese music? Please! Why can't they just add voice? The people that like the Japanese version obviously would like the Japanese singing during the opening...if you're a dubbie, just turn it off :?
I think it has something to with licensing issues. They'd have to pay for the royalties to Kageyama...or something like that. But yeah, Japanese BGM W00T! Now I'll happily purchase (not I wasn't going to :P).
It'd be pretty weird if there's Japanese music, but no voices... at least give us voices for characters! I couldn't really care less for the opening to have vocals if I get Japanese voices and the original music!

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:05 pm

sangofe wrote: Am I the only one finding this image interesting? Looks like SSJ4 Goku, when knocked "down" goes back to Chibi Goku! Hell Yeah!!
I'm quite sure that's a seperate fight.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:40 pm

It looks like he's trying to punch Goku in the balls :lol:

Also, I think there's still a chance of GT Vegeta being in this. I mean, Ii Shenron and Super 17 weren't mentioned in the official site's update either.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:49 pm

fps_anth wrote:Also, I think there's still a chance of GT Vegeta being in this. I mean, Ii Shenron and Super 17 weren't mentioned in the official site's update either.
I think that it's probably just gonna be an alternate outfit for Buu Vegeta, which I don't really have a problem with, since there's really no difference between the two.

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:03 pm

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:
fps_anth wrote:Also, I think there's still a chance of GT Vegeta being in this. I mean, Ii Shenron and Super 17 weren't mentioned in the official site's update either.
I think that it's probably just gonna be an alternate outfit for Buu Vegeta, which I don't really have a problem with, since there's really no difference between the two.
Final Shine is the only difference, but I wouldn't make a whole new character just for that move.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:08 pm

sangofe wrote:It'd be pretty weird if there's Japanese music, but no voices... at least give us voices for characters! I couldn't really care less for the opening to have vocals if I get Japanese voices and the original music!
.....Then that's what you're getting. Me & fps were contemplating that they should have the vocals for the opening & insert songs along with Japanese voice track. It'd make a lot of sense. Like how in the DB DVD sets, FUNi's able to use the JPN BGM for their dub, but not the insert songs by Takahashi (like Dragon Ball Legend). When you switch over the JPN voice track, it's there in its full glory.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:40 pm

Haha, I know where the 9,000 quote will be most likely...Vegeta with Scouter's retreat quote. That would be awesome, and Nappa's too.

*Switches to Nappa*
Vegeta: "It's over nine-thousaaaaaand!"

*Nappa switches*
"WHAT?! Nine-thousand?!"
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:42 pm

Drunken Master wrote:Haha, I know where the 9,000 quote will be most likely...Vegeta with Scouter's retreat quote. That would be awesome, and Nappa's too.

*Switches to Nappa*
Vegeta: "It's over nine-thousaaaaaand!"

*Nappa switches*
"WHAT?! Nine-thousand?!"
Hahaha, oh wow. I can actually vision that happening, that would work quite well.

HyperBlaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HyperBlaze » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:39 pm

:shock: Wow! The movement seems much more fluid altogether especially during the part where you see Vegetto fighting Majin Buu, Nail vs Freeza and Goku vs Majin Vegeta!

8) The advanced Zanzoken is gonna make things even more interesting! :twisted:

8) Love the new unique transfromation scenes! (Cell absorbing 17 etc.)

8) OMFG! We finally have it! "The Janemba altered Hell stage!" YES!

8) The Zanzoken looks thicker now (the speed lines when they vanish) you could barely see 'em before :?

:cry: I'm gonna miss Majin Vegeta's blast 2 move being chargeable though...God I loved that! (Go's and cries eyes out!)

DaftBrian

Post by DaftBrian » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:54 pm

I dont know about you guys, but I'm actually excited to be playing as Dr. Wheelo. He actually has attacks seen in the movie.
"Every time you cry, I laugh a little more"

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:38 pm

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:11 pm

sangofe: Could you change that to a link instead of an embed please? Page stretching = evil.

DNA: I've been trying to add them but Photobucket's refused to load for the past 48 hours. But it's working now so... And thanks for the Nappa. I thought it was odd they released the Oozaru but not the normal.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.