Nathan M. Johnson Unreleased Music

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Woodlandbuckle

Nathan M. Johnson Unreleased Music

Postby Woodlandbuckle » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:12 pm

I feel like Nathan Johnson's score generally gets over looked by many in the community. Some people don't even know he exists and think that all of the american music was done by the faulconer team. The others that do know who he is, haven't gotten to hear his music by itself (no SFX or dialogue), since unlike most others composers that have done work on the franchise, his music has never gotten an official release.

So I've devised a plan, I'm gonna try to rip/extract as many tracks by Nathan Johnson as possible. I'll also put every rip of his music in one big playlist which anyone else can contribute to (just reply to this thread with a link to your rip). Also, if anyone is willing to show their music ripping/extraction method then fill free. My method is using adobe audition and setting it to the default vocal removal, I then mess around with the settings a bit (I plan on making a video on how I do this in the future). If you don't have the money to use adobe then I suggest audacity, look up how to make an instrumental and you should be able to do it (not as good as adobe though).

Movies and episodes he has composed.
Word's Strongest (Z Movie 2)
Tree of Might (Z Movie 3)
Broly's 2nd Coming (Z Movie 10)
Fusion Reborn (Z Movie 12)
Wrath of the Dragon (Z Movie 13)
DBZ Episodes 1-67

People that have helped so far.
Coycoy88 (ripping music)
Mr.Yosha [My 2nd YT Channel] (ripping music)
munsox4 (ripping music)
Devin Storm (ripping music)

MasenkoHA
Regular

Re: Nathan M. Johnson Unreleased Music

Postby MasenkoHA » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:33 pm

I’ll say this; I’m against replacement scores on principle as well as Funimation’s desire to rebrand and repurpose DBZ but of all their replacement tracks Nathan Johnson by far did the best job imho. Far better than Faulconer, Menza, and even Wasserman. Trying to watch DBZ uncut with the dub music going from Johnson to Faulconer was actually a step down.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Postby Attitudefan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:41 pm

On his old website, he had some of his unreleased score up in great quality which you could download. Perhaps his site was archived?
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Robo4900
I Live Here

Postby Robo4900 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:21 am

I hear he's pretty busy these days, but you might be able to throw him an email and get lucky.
Alex Steacy wrote:We're not on this asteroid for very long; let's try to be nice to one another.

Return to “Music”