General Yamamoto Rip off thread

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: General Yamamoto Rip off thread

Post by Naruto6583 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:Not Yamamoto, but I found that the beginning of Sumitomo's "Go Gohan!" sounds extremely close to Azure Lake from Sonic 3. When I first heard it last year, it sounded familiar, but I replayed Sonic 3 last year, and just listened to this song again, and it jumped out at me.

Now can we get Kikichi back plz Toei? :P
If they knew that sumitomo was infringing they would've fired him when they did kai 2.0 before battle of gods
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

matt0044
Advanced Regular

Post by matt0044 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:13 am

Metalwario64 wrote: Now can we get Kikichi back plz Toei? :P
Is he still kicking?

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:35 am

matt0044 wrote:
Is he still kicking?
Yep! He's currently 83 and apparently still composing music. His last work was in 2014 for the 34th iteration of a Japanese TV movie series.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0452853/

matt0044
Advanced Regular

Post by matt0044 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:49 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:
matt0044 wrote:
Is he still kicking?
Yep! He's currently 83 and apparently still composing music. His last work was in 2014 for the 34th iteration of a Japanese TV movie series.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0452853/
Nice. Can I find a recent piece by him if possible?

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:04 am

Hey, here is something I've been wondering:

Is it true that the main reason Toei had a new version of Cha-La Head-Cha-La recorded by Flow was because they wanted to ban the original forever? And that eventually, all traces of the original will be lost forever? This was what an individual on YouTube told me.

Though Kenji Yamamoto did not compose the original (Chiho Kiyooka did), Yamamoto was, however, responsible for its arrangements.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 27, 2015 11:07 am

DB1984 wrote:Is it true that the main reason Toei had a new version of Cha-La Head-Cha-La recorded by Flow was because they wanted to ban the original forever? And that eventually, all traces of the original will be lost forever? This was what an individual on YouTube told me.
There is 100% absolutely no truth to that statement whatsoever.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed May 27, 2015 7:57 pm

DB1984 wrote:Is it true that the main reason Toei had a new version of Cha-La Head-Cha-La recorded by Flow was because they wanted to ban the original forever? And that eventually, all traces of the original will be lost forever? This was what an individual on YouTube told me.
There you have it. No. The Youtube DBZ community is... I have no words for my disdain for majority of it.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:30 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:
There you have it. No. The Youtube DBZ community is... I have no words for my disdain for majority of it.
I have to agree with you there. A good majority is usually fabricated for the most part to the dbz youtubers I subscribed to where from kanzenshuu
PSN SonGoku325

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:22 pm

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:47 pm

I can't believe this... well I can at this point. But, goddamn that was my favorite one from that game.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:32 pm

Yamamoto is a plagiarizing legend. lol.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:59 pm

Seriously, at this point I'm surprised he is not in jail, at least he lost his face and will never be involved in any project.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:51 pm

It's all sad, really, either way you look at it.

Like I said in this page, it was Kenji Yamamoto who arranged the original version of CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA, my favorite song in all of Dragon Ball. I do not think the song would have been as awesome, if someone else working on the music in the series had arranged it.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:04 pm

DB1984 wrote:It's all sad, really, either way you look at it.

Like I said in this page, it was Kenji Yamamoto who arranged the original version of CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA, my favorite song in all of Dragon Ball. I do not think the song would have been as awesome, if someone else working on the music in the series had arranged it.
Didn't he also arrange unmei no hi and mind....power..ki?
PSN SonGoku325

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:24 pm

It's probably why they don't use the original arrangement for Cha la, and instead use other artists' arrangements for the song.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:04 pm

Attitudefan wrote:

It's probably why they don't use the original arrangement for Cha la, and instead use other artists' arrangements for the song.
I thought we've already established that the original song was NOT banned by Toei. If it was, this site would have reported on it by now.

Also, the original song was played in episode 165 of Game Center CX, where Arino plays Dragon Ball Z: Super Butōden. Well after Kenji Yamamoto got the boot. Doesn't sound like Toei has banned the original song, does it?

Nomake Wan

Post by Nomake Wan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:33 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Isn't Warriors Room related to Daft Punk music? It sounds very much alike.

Example
Finally got my account activated and am reviving this one to put in an interesting note about Warrior's Room. While I don't know about the meat and potatoes of the song, I can say for sure that the intro part was ripped verbatim from a very unexpected source. It's from a song called "Otoha Taisou ~TAISOU OR DEAD~" from a special CD released by MAKURA-SOFT to celebrate their game H2O Footprints in the Sand getting an Anime version. The CD version was released on October, 2006 and I went and uploaded the promo video they released for the song below. At around 22 seconds in, it'll start sounding reaaaaaaally familiar. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mU0yf1sRvQ#t=0m22s

EDIT: Was just watching Game Center CX 165, where Arino plays Super Butouden 1. Perfect Cell's Theme had a really familiar chord progression! After wracking my brain for a few minutes I realized that it's "Open Your Heart" by Madonna. Come on, Yamamoto. :P

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:17 am

Naruto6583 wrote:

Didn't he also arrange unmei no hi and mind....power..ki?
Yes. Yamamoto arranged both Unmei no Hi ~Tamashii VS Tamashii~ and Mind Power ...KI. And those are my favorite insert songs in the entire franchise. I feel so dirty for loving them so much knowing a major plagiarist is significantly responsible for those songs.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:07 pm

He arranged those too?! Love "his" work.

I feel if he stuck around till the end of Kai, DBZ would finally have an optimal soundtrack for me. The soundtrack was only going to get better after Frieza saga. :(
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:10 pm

Another day, another rip-off. However, this one's pretty minor. If you listen to the rhythm in the guitars in the Judas Priest song starting at the 9 second mark, you'll hear almost the same guitar riff from the Budokai song, except at slightly different rhythms.

Budokai 1 -The Battle With All My Force
Judas Priest - All Guns Blazing