Faulconer SUB mix?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sargent612

Faulconer SUB mix?

Post by Sargent612 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:58 am

This may be a stupid question or may have already been asked. But has any one ever tried watching the series in Japanese with subtitles and the Bruce Falconer score? Just curious to see if there are people out there who have tried it and prefer it.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: Faulconer SUB mix?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:07 am

I think Kei17 did something about Faulconer Productions' music with Dragon Ball Z Japanese audio, and to be honest, I liked it, not gonna lie but I still prefer Kikuchi (original Z soundtrack).

A couple months back all it was needed to find a DBZ JPN video with FP score would be "Japanese + Faulconer" now they're gone.

Edit: Found one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XQMk9XUzlA this user also has a few other short videos (probably just used the silent scenes to add FP music)
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:54 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:I think Kei17 did something about Faulconer Productions' music with Dragon Ball Z Japanese audio, and to be honest, I liked it, not gonna lie but I still prefer Kikuchi (original Z soundtrack).
Yeah, I made some:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t43GVoJTHhM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pnNtpvkwNs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA_tjNFUQqA

Actually, I replaced the whole score of DBZ movie 6 with the Faulconer Productions', but I haven't output it and the project file is somewhere on one of my HDDs.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:33 am

Japanese Vegeta's death + FP music was definitely my favourite of the bunch before they got taken down.

One scene I really want to see is Bardock vs Frieza's men + death with the music composed by Dale Kelly.

Hell, I'd give almost anything to have a clear rip of that music.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:24 pm

I've seen some of those videos. Pretty cool as fanmade stuff, but not something I'd ever want as an official product.
-Joey

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Wow those videos are pretty sweet, I've actually have been thinking about the same thing a while ago! I (and most American kids) probably thought this is what Dragon Ball Z sounded like in Japanese, since we were completely oblivious to the Kikuchi score at the time.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Thank you reminding me how well Hell's Bells actually went with Vegeta's self-destruction.

The Coolor bit was great too. I guess Ginyu Transformation is the one "epic" theme the score has?
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:10 am

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Thank you reminding me how well Hell's Bells actually went with Vegeta's self-destruction.

The Coolor bit was great too. I guess Ginyu Transformation is the one "epic" theme the score has?
Actually it only grazes the surface with that. The score also has "The Dragon Theme", "Gohan Angers", "Vegeta Knows His Son", "Vegeta Gets Bean", "SSJ Transformation".... there is a good amount of his music that at the very least has 10 seconds of "epic" in it
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:24 pm

jpdbzrulz4sure wrote:I've seen some of those videos. Pretty cool as fanmade stuff, but not something I'd ever want as an official product.
Wow you're mean.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:34 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Wow you're mean.
How can you possibly define that as "mean"...?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:38 pm

SaiyanZ wrote:Actually it only grazes the surface with that. The score also has "The Dragon Theme", "Gohan Angers", "Vegeta Knows His Son", "Vegeta Gets Bean", "SSJ Transformation".... there is a good amount of his music that at the very least has 10 seconds of "epic" in it
And that's what I hate about the Faulconer Productions' score; It sounds good (though still cheap) for a few seconds, and then goes on for several minutes with the usual "embarrassing" and boring and annoying music that plays constantly during the show. >_<
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:41 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:Wow you're mean.
How can you possibly define that as "mean"...?
Basically he said 'I don't want that shit branded as professional work."
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:43 pm

'Cause...he thinks it sounds like fan-made material? :/
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Folks are allowed to not actually like every single last thing in existence, you know... and we're all encouraged to express those opinions.

If we didn't, we wouldn't be having much in the way of discussion 'round these parts.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:01 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Basically he said 'I don't want that shit branded as professional work."
That's enough to get your goat up? How about this: Funimation's treatment of Dragon Ball (idiotic script changes, cheap and lazy music replacement, terrible actors with worse direction, repeatedly cancelled and restarted merchandise, moronic ad campaigns) damaged Dragon Ball specifically, and anime generally in North America; possibly permanently.

Anime is looked on as dumb, shallow, childish, and fad-driven by the general populace. And within the Anime fandom, Dragon Ball is dumb, shallow, childish, and a long-passed-fad. And the reason for this is Funimation and their effort to make Dragon Ball dumb, shallow, childish, and fad-driven.

I don't want that shit branded as professional work.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:29 am

desirecampbell wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Basically he said 'I don't want that shit branded as professional work."
That's enough to get your goat up? How about this: Funimation's treatment of Dragon Ball (idiotic script changes, cheap and lazy music replacement, terrible actors with worse direction, repeatedly cancelled and restarted merchandise, moronic ad campaigns) damaged Dragon Ball specifically, and anime generally in North America; possibly permanently.

Anime is looked on as dumb, shallow, childish, and fad-driven by the general populace. And within the Anime fandom, Dragon Ball is dumb, shallow, childish, and a long-passed-fad. And the reason for this is Funimation and their effort to make Dragon Ball dumb, shallow, childish, and fad-driven.

Yeah, the dub really did sucked up until the Cell Saga so what you said is the harsh truth.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:43 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Anime is looked on as dumb, shallow, childish, and fad-driven by the general populace.
The fact that a fair deal of it actually is one thing or another doesn't help matters. This goes beyond Dragon Ball, certainly far beyond the Falcouner Score, and ultimately into a double standard that cannot be fought because it is in no moral issue worth fighting for. I don't see the problem.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:27 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:

Yeah, the dub really did sucked up until the Cell Saga so what you said is the harsh truth.
Even the Cell Saga wasn't really that impressive when it came to the in-house dubbing.

By the time the Buu Saga started however, there was a noticable difference in the acting.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:10 am

Made these about a while back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc1hrckCsDk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo67DoqYFEA (Not Faulconer, but it was used in the Funi version).