What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

toykyle

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by toykyle » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:38 pm

kenisu3000 wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:^Unfortunately I still have Kai: The Final Chapters to finish (and I'd also have to tackle the two versions of Battle of Gods and Resurrection F), plus I haven't kept up with Super since like episode 3 (!) so chalk another thing up to the backburner.
Do you happen to have a few of these unreleased tracks from the Funi's BoG DVD menu? -https://mega.nz/#!pM9myJ7D!NcmTMdG6efO- ... -AUorkHRek-

UPDATE: The old link has been removed now. Use the new one - https://mega.nz/#!AINDBTia

Decryption Key - !Ej6NGT5EzWvueEmIpdjt8PZEM0HLP2eWZQ-Wku8YHdc

Oh, and I'm new to this forum. :)
Last edited by toykyle on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:22 pm

toykyle wrote:
kenisu3000 wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:^Unfortunately I still have Kai: The Final Chapters to finish (and I'd also have to tackle the two versions of Battle of Gods and Resurrection F), plus I haven't kept up with Super since like episode 3 (!) so chalk another thing up to the backburner.
Do you happen to have a few of these unreleased tracks from the Funi's BoG DVD menu? https://mega.nz/#!pM9myJ7D!NcmTMdG6efO- ... -AUorkHRek
Thanks, but why do they all sound like off-screen cam rips?

toykyle

Post by toykyle » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:22 pm

kei17 wrote:Thanks, but why do they all sound like off-screen cam rips?
I recorded it using audacity at VLC Player's 100% volume (one of the only ways for DVD now, thanks to Microsoft! :problem: ). The MakeMKV program, though capable of ripping some DVDs, skipped out on all files that have less than 120 seconds (Literally the minimum). One of the trial DVD rippers have expired too. I'm not sure about the programs that allow you to DEMUX and MUX back in the audio tracks... Ugh I need to revisit that program.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:17 pm

toykyle wrote:
kei17 wrote:Thanks, but why do they all sound like off-screen cam rips?
I recorded it using audacity at VLC Player's 100% volume (one of the only ways for DVD now, thanks to Microsoft! :problem: ). The MakeMKV program, though capable of ripping some DVDs, skipped out on all files that have less than 120 seconds (Literally the minimum). One of the trial DVD rippers have expired too. I'm not sure about the programs that allow you to DEMUX and MUX back in the audio tracks... Ugh I need to revisit that program.
Use DVD Shrink. You can rip menus with it.

toykyle

Post by toykyle » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:01 pm

kei17 wrote:Use DVD Shrink. You can rip menus with it.
Thanks for the advice. :)

Re-uploaded in its extracted AC3 file. Not quite sure about the track when Vegeta throws a fit of rage at Beerus (aka "MY BULMA"), but just in case, I included that track.
https://mega.nz/#!AINDBTia

Decryption key (Though, Toei probably might remove the links anyway...): !Ej6NGT5EzWvueEmIpdjt8PZEM0HLP2eWZQ-Wku8YHdc

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ohms » Fri May 13, 2016 6:31 pm

OH thanks so much for this thread, I finally found that track I needed to finish the Bardock special edit I was working on.
Youtube reviewing channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaFeeso

I am also an editor for the One Pace fan edit project on AP

I usually go by Feeso, my user name is only Ohms here because I couldn't select Feeso for some reason. haha XD

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:56 pm

Ohms wrote:OH thanks so much for this thread, I finally found that track I needed to finish the Bardock special edit I was working on.
What type of edit are you doing?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Azelf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Azelf89 » Thu May 26, 2016 6:42 pm

Looking back at the unreleased cue from Curse of the Blood Rubies, I'm positive that the tracks "Departing The Island" and "Kame Sennin Speaks Of Friends" are actually both together one cue.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Fri May 27, 2016 4:26 pm

Azelf89 wrote:Looking back at the unreleased cue from Curse of the Blood Rubies, I'm positive that the tracks "Departing The Island" and "Kame Sennin Speaks Of Friends" are actually both together one cue.
Well, I don't know. There's a good number of spots in the DragonBall movies where the cues bleed into each other, and because so much of it is unreleased, figuring out if something is actually two cues or all just one cue, can be crazy guesswork. The entire scene where Oolong is introduced gives me a headache for that very reason.

As to the cues you mentioned, I'm sticking by my conjecture. Both of them are fairly different thematically, plus you have matters like the way the M-numbers match up, the fact that the former is recycled once (in DBZ episode 15) without any indication the latter is a part of it. All this, of course, isn't irrefutable evidence, but sometimes you only get a concrete answer if/when the cues are released (with a booklet giving nice, thorough explanations).
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

screamingtrees

Post by screamingtrees » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:49 pm

Congrats on finishing, Zestanor!

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:01 am

So while making a collection of various short bits of DB music like eyecatches and title cards, I noticed that the DB title card cue listed on the site is incorrect. d2:14(a) actually seems to be a variant on the eyecatch music with a long gong sound at the end, which I'm not sure is actually used in the show. The actual title card music is a slower rendition of the Makafushigi melody.

Compare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HZzQY7SEeo (incorrect cue)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FveA3jEU-1Q&t=13s (correct cue at 13 seconds)
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:32 pm

ThunderPX wrote:So while making a collection of various short bits of DB music like eyecatches and title cards, I noticed that the DB title card cue listed on the site is incorrect. d2:14(a) actually seems to be a variant on the eyecatch music with a long gong sound at the end, which I'm not sure is actually used in the show. The actual title card music is a slower rendition of the Makafushigi melody.

Compare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HZzQY7SEeo (incorrect cue)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FveA3jEU-1Q&t=13s (correct cue at 13 seconds)
I'm aware of that (I did mention it in my article in the 30th anniversary magazine). Of course, there's something to be said about my bad habit of saving corrections for the ever-elusive Final Draft (TM). But yes, you're correct - and in fact, for some reason all of the title card fanfares on the CDs are fabrications meant to make up for the absence of the real things.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:47 pm

Double-posting because of the new business surrounding editing posts, but last night I decided to finally go ahead and update my site with the title card corrections/info.

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:45 am

Wow, I was just reading through this thread and am amazed. And also, I feel pretty dumb because I got lost easily. I'm trying to find this one track that played during the fight between Jackie Chun and Goku and also in the filler of Z. Where Gohan was in fake Namek's water and he has to get out before he melts. And thanks in advance for any help, and I apologize if I didn't go about this post the right way

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:10 am

TL18 wrote:Wow, I was just reading through this thread and am amazed. And also, I feel pretty dumb because I got lost easily. I'm trying to find this one track that played during the fight between Jackie Chun and Goku and also in the filler of Z. Where Gohan was in fake Namek's water and he has to get out before he melts. And thanks in advance for any help, and I apologize if I didn't go about this post the right way
That one is only used a few times in Z, and can be found here, titled by Kenisu as: Enemy Has The Upper Hand

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:33 am

RoarkVegeta wrote:
TL18 wrote:Wow, I was just reading through this thread and am amazed. And also, I feel pretty dumb because I got lost easily. I'm trying to find this one track that played during the fight between Jackie Chun and Goku and also in the filler of Z. Where Gohan was in fake Namek's water and he has to get out before he melts. And thanks in advance for any help, and I apologize if I didn't go about this post the right way
That one is only used a few times in Z, and can be found here, titled by Kenisu as: Enemy Has The Upper Hand
Thank you so much!

BluePiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by BluePiccolo » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:14 am

Would I be infringing copyright if I were to use Kikuchi's BGM music in my YouTube videos as background music? What I mean is, can and will YouTube take my content down because of it?
\o/ Check out my Unboxing videos of high quality DBZ related stuff from Japan. \o/

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:53 pm

Awesome!! Thanks to this i found the name of M118. Si Xing Qu Chase

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:55 pm

BluePiccolo wrote:Would I be infringing copyright if I were to use Kikuchi's BGM music in my YouTube videos as background music? What I mean is, can and will YouTube take my content down because of it?
I've used kikuchi many times in my video's and the only timed the video was claimed is due to the footage. So you should be good
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:08 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:Awesome!! Thanks to this i found the name of M118. Si Xing Qu Chase
That's not the official name, just so you know. Most DragonBall/DBZ cues are only officially known by their M-numbers, so I came up with a bunch of unofficial names to make them easier to remember. The closest thing it has to a name (that we're aware of) is "Eyes of Shining Blue" (the title of track 17 on disc 2 of the 5-CD set), and it shares that name with the other cue found on that track.