Need someone to replace BOG music with Bruce Faulconer. $$$$

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Need someone to replace BOG music with Bruce Faulconer. $$$$

Post by dragonballgeek » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:19 pm

Looking for someone to make me a battle of gods Bruce faulconer dub. Not just something you throw together, but a legitimate dub that makes sense. I have no clue how to do these things, but I'm sure some of you do. Just shoot me an email and tell me your price! Up to $275. I'm not trying to sell it, just not a big fan of the current dubs. Thanks mr.cavalier08@yahoo.com
Last edited by dragonballgeek on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Need someone to dub bruce faulconer BOG. Willing to pay

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:38 am

Yeah...we dont need any more Faulconer. Was fine for his time but that time has long past. The whole mid-late 90's synth is largely outdated by today's standards. Best to let it remain in the past where it belongs.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:10 am

Also, aside from a little bit of Lord Slug, none of the other Movies even have Faulconer in them.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:48 am

That's fine, but that's not what I came here to ask. I don't really care about everyone's opinion on the matter. I'm aware that majority of anime fans are all gung-ho about "sticking to the original Japanese music", but for us who aren't big anime fans, I much rather have this version. Everyone has their opinion. I just know that his music in the 90s is what helped draw a larger audience of people, who would normally never take an interest in Japanese animation.

I didn't come here to debate which is better. Just wanted to know if there was out there who would be willing to put one together for $300. That's all.

NitroEX

Post by NitroEX » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:56 am

I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say "dub" Bruce Faulconer since he did music and "dubbing" is to do with voices...

Do you want someone to use his existing music tracks and place them in the film?

Edit: Holy sh*t, 666 posts!

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:01 am

NitroEX wrote:I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say "dub" Bruce Faulconer since he did music and "dubbing" is to do with voices...

Do you want someone to use his existing music tracks and place them in the film?

Yes. Someone to replace the music. I'm not an active person on forums so I'm not exactly sure about the terminology I need to use to get my request across. Thank you for clearing that up. Should I rename the title then?
Last edited by dragonballgeek on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheBalishChannel
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBalishChannel » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:02 am

Valerius Dover wrote:Also, aside from a little bit of Lord Slug, none of the other Movies even have Faulconer in them.
The first Broly film, and the two TV specials had Faulconer music in them.

NitroEX

Post by NitroEX » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:06 am

dragonballgeek wrote:
NitroEX wrote:I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say "dub" Bruce Faulconer since he did music and "dubbing" is to do with voices...

Yes. Someone to replace the music. I'm not an active person on forums so I'm not exactly sure about the terminology I need to use to get my request across. Thank you for clearing that up. Should I rename the title then?
Yeah you might wanna just correct that to replace the music in BOG or something to that effect.

Btw I'm sure I'd be able to place the music and adjust the volumes and everything but I don't have access to a music-less audio track of the movie.
Last edited by NitroEX on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:06 am

TheBalishChannel wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:Also, aside from a little bit of Lord Slug, none of the other Movies even have Faulconer in them.
That's right, Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan has a few tracks by Faulconer made for the movie, not recycled like in Lord Slug. The Specials do not have any Falconer music, except for the eyecatchers in The History of Trunks.

"This sucks. Make more."

TheBalishChannel
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBalishChannel » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:10 am

Valerius Dover wrote:That's right, Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan has a few tracks by Faulconer made for the movie, not recycled like in Lord Slug. The Specials do not have any Falconer music, except for the eyecatchers in The History of Trunks.
The versions of the TV specials that aired on Toonami and Nicktoons use Faulconer's music extensively.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:11 am

TheBalishChannel wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:That's right, Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan has a few tracks by Faulconer made for the movie, not recycled like in Lord Slug. The Specials do not have any Falconer music, except for the eyecatchers in The History of Trunks.
The versions of the TV specials that aired on Toonami and Nicktoons use Faulconer's music extensively.
Oh, ok. Well, I haven't seen those. Only the uncut Double Feature.

Regarding the topic, I don't know if it's really legal to involve money in this.

"This sucks. Make more."

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:32 am

Valerius Dover wrote:
TheBalishChannel wrote:
Oh, ok. Well, I haven't seen those. Only the uncut Double Feature.

Regarding the topic, I don't know if it's really legal to involve money in this.

Really? I just thought that as long as I didn't try to sell it then it'd be okay

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:42 pm

dragonballgeek wrote: Really? I just thought that as long as I didn't try to sell it then it'd be okay
It's still someone else who would be profiting off copyrighted material by getting money from you.

So yeah. Highly illegal when money gets involved. The best you can hope for is someone eventually making one.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:34 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:
TheBalishChannel wrote:
That's right, Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan has a few tracks by Faulconer made for the movie, not recycled like in Lord Slug. The Specials do not have any Falconer music, except for the eyecatchers in The History of Trunks.

Are these tracks on the Double Features for Broly and Lord Slug?? Because I know HoT had Faulconer on the Toonami broadcast, but not on the DF.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:49 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Are these tracks on the Double Features for Broly and Lord Slug?? Because I know HoT had Faulconer on the Toonami broadcast, but not on the DF.
Yes, I have them on the Movie Packs, which are repackagings of the Double Features, and they both do have some Faulconer. Lord Slug has a around 5 or so tracks from the series while Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan basically just has a 3 or 4 Movie-specific tracks, and his melody being used for the Opening.

"This sucks. Make more."

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:37 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Yeah...we dont need any more Faulconer. Was fine for his time but that time has long past. The whole mid-late 90's synth is largely outdated by today's standards. Best to let it remain in the past where it belongs.
This. Faulconer's score was suitable for the time at which DBZ aired in the states but at this day and age, I'm sorry, but a Faulconer type score has no place in DBZ.

bkev
I Live Here

Re: Need someone to replace BOG music with Bruce Faulconer.

Post by bkev » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:22 pm

You'd probably be best off making your music selections for someone and then having them edit it into place, otherwise you might not be happy with the result.

I'm not in your camp but there are plenty others that would be interested... just, you may want to look elsewhere.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:20 am

I think if Faulconer composed a score for BoG then it would kick ass at levels we can't comprehend. Unfortunately, he never will. I think that if someone took the tracks that have been released by FUNimation then they wouldn't fit in the movie either. This isn't something I would even try to do as the masterpieces he composed were made for Z, not any movies or anything. Just deal with Sumitomo's score--it's very good.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Fri May 01, 2015 10:31 pm

There's always Enigma TNG's work. He's very much Faulconer Productions style and has written BoG music.

SS God
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ioS3dl4tDc

Bills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcza62NyTgY

I think there might be more BoG themes on his page, but I'm lazy :)
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

TJVY
Beyond Newbie

Post by TJVY » Thu May 14, 2015 10:59 am

I did not like any of those themes posted above, thought they resembled Faulconer's very loosely but if any score had no place in DBZ it's those.

Especially with track names like those.
"It's not anime that sucks, it's the fans."