PelleK covers Dragon Ball Super opening

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

PelleK covers Dragon Ball Super opening

Post by Shiyonasan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:39 pm

Believe it or not, there is already a cover of the opening song from Dragon Ball Super (Chōzetsu ☆ Dynamic!) on YouTube, courtesy of Norwegian power metal musician, PelleK:

DRAGON BALL SUPER OPENING ドラゴンボール超 スーパー Op

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: PelleK covers Dragon Ball Super opening

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Damn, YouTube works fast. :P

Awesome cover of the song, for the record. Honestly, this sounds better than the original song. :thumbup:

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:21 pm

I love PelleK. Guy's got a real strong voice. I loved his cover of 'Unravel' from Tokyo Ghoul. This is fantastic, too. Thanks for posting.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Alchemist Ed
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alchemist Ed » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:34 pm

I've been really enjoying this version of the Super opening the past couple of days. I really like how Pellek begins his cover with the chorus acapella. I listened to the official version after this cover, and I just don't enjoy it as much. I really didn't care for the song much at all until I heard this. The animation was enjoyable, but not so much with the vocals. Pellek also covers a lot of other anime songs, and mainstream songs.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:04 pm

Neat. I bet an actual Japanese native would find his voice hilarious though.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Dbzejo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzejo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:06 pm

Nice, its fucking badass...

mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdonough88 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:41 pm

A Norwegian bloke covering a Japanese song using an American accent.. actually VERY interesting!

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:14 pm

I wouldn't say he has an American accent. He's definitely got a Norwegian accent.
AjayLikesGaming wrote:I love PelleK. Guy's got a real strong voice. I loved his cover of 'Unravel' from Tokyo Ghoul. This is fantastic, too. Thanks for posting.
I know, right? That's actually the first song I heard by him. He completely blew me away with his talent and vocal range.
Alchemist Ed wrote:I've been really enjoying this version of the Super opening the past couple of days. I really like how Pellek begins his cover with the chorus acapella. I listened to the official version after this cover, and I just don't enjoy it as much. I really didn't care for the song much at all until I heard this. The animation was enjoyable, but not so much with the vocals. Pellek also covers a lot of other anime songs, and mainstream songs.
I've never actually heard the original, but I do like PelleK's version. I'll probably be disappointed upon hearing the original version.

He also sang Cha-la Head-cha-la in dual Japanese and English. It's an more literal translation, tho, and doesn't really fit the flow well sadly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVBpeyCNXl8

And he also sang Hunting High and Low by Stratovarious, which was ripped off by Kenji Yamamoto in DBZ: Budokai as the song Challengers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeS27se37YU
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:49 am

Shiyonasan wrote:Believe it or not, there is already a cover of the opening song from Dragon Ball Super (Chōzetsu ☆ Dynamic!) on YouTube, courtesy of Norwegian power metal musician, PelleK:

Shit, so good! And the dude's norwegian! That's so random and unexpected considering there's so few anime fans in norway, yet much less db fans!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:43 am

sangofe wrote:
Shiyonasan wrote:Believe it or not, there is already a cover of the opening song from Dragon Ball Super (Chōzetsu ☆ Dynamic!) on YouTube, courtesy of Norwegian power metal musician, PelleK:

Shit, so good! And the dude's norwegian! That's so random and unexpected considering there's so few anime fans in norway, yet much less db fans!
Pretty sure he covers whatever a majority of his subscribers ask of him. Just so happens most of his subscribers are anime fans.

I recall a video where he was on a trip to China expecting to see anime. lol.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:20 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
sangofe wrote:

Pretty sure he covers whatever a majority of his subscribers ask of him. Just so happens most of his subscribers are anime fans.

Ugh-uh, oh, that's sad to hear.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:59 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Pretty sure he covers whatever a majority of his subscribers ask of him. Just so happens most of his subscribers are anime fans.

Naw, he watches anime (I dunno how much, tho). He just might not be a super nerd over them. You like enjoy something without feeling the need to research it.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."