GT soundtrack cd?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WhisPL
Not-So-Newbie

GT soundtrack cd?

Post by WhisPL » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:45 am

Is there a Japanese version of the CD soundtrack series DB GT? Kanzenshuu says nothing about this. On ebay and others do not see the purchase. It is possible to buy it? I do not mean singles openingami.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: GT soundtrack cd?

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:48 am

No, there is not a Dragon Ball GT background music collection.

The closest is the soundtrack for the 10th anniversary theatrical film, which used music from GT.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

WhisPL
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhisPL » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:52 am

Thank you for your help

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:26 pm

WhisPL wrote:Is there a Japanese version of the CD soundtrack series DB GT? Kanzenshuu says nothing about this. On ebay and others do not see the purchase. It is possible to buy it? I do not mean singles openingami.
VegettoEX wrote:The closest is the soundtrack for the 10th anniversary theatrical film, which used music from GT.
This is the release: http://vgmdb.net/album/55431

Speaking about GT soundtrack, this is the only thing that comes to my mind: http://www.discogs.com/Akihito-Tokunaga ... se/2044231

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:59 pm

UPDATE: Never mind.

Rook8z8

Post by Rook8z8 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:31 am

Kojiro Sasaki wrote:
WhisPL wrote: Speaking about GT soundtrack, this is the only thing that comes to my mind: http://www.discogs.com/Akihito-Tokunaga ... se/2044231
What is this exactly? A lot of titles i'm curious about.

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:05 am

Rook8z8 wrote:
Kojiro Sasaki wrote:
WhisPL wrote: Speaking about GT soundtrack, this is the only thing that comes to my mind: http://www.discogs.com/Akihito-Tokunaga ... se/2044231
What is this exactly? A lot of titles i'm curious about.
That's an unofficial digital bootleg, not a legitimate release of GT's soundtrack.
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

Rook8z8

Post by Rook8z8 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:39 pm

Kakacarrottop wrote: That's an unofficial digital bootleg, not a legitimate release of GT's soundtrack.
Need to find it. Looked everywhere and it's just a track list, but with times :crazy:

Iberian_Saiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Iberian_Saiyan » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:55 am

Kojiro Sasaki wrote:Speaking about GT soundtrack, this is the only thing that comes to my mind: http://www.discogs.com/Akihito-Tokunaga ... se/2044231
Gutted. Thought this'd be the ultimate GT soundtrack collection and it's the BGM collection I already have which isn't to say much because the audio quality isn't very good. Just stick to the Path of Power OST CD, folks. I found the download link to that French set although the quality of audio sounds about 96kbps than the "320kbps" which is stated on the file's info, whereas the other GT non-official collection that has the tunes labelled as "GTBGM#59.mp3" sound better.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:07 pm

I keep hoping every five years that they'll release a CD box set of GT's BGM as a sort of anniversary special...of course, I never hold out much hope. Then again, music I never thought would get released has gotten released (like the complete scores to all four of the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, the complete score to Hook, and the complete score to The Lion King), so my hope refuses to die completely.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:36 pm

Does Toei REALLY want to pretend GT never existed? Some of the songs on that show were featured in a very recent collection.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:03 pm

DB1984 wrote:Does Toei REALLY want to pretend GT never existed?
Yes. Unfortunately, yes.

Well, OK, I guess if that were completely true they wouldn't want the show on reruns on Japanese TV like it is now. Still, to date, all the evidence suggests that it is the Dragon Ball production they are the least proud of.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:10 pm

I'm amazed there's no GT soundtrack CD release. I always assumed it did exist. :shock:

They reuse GT stuff in the video games often enough, but I guess that's more a "need for material" sort of thing.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:51 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm amazed there's no GT soundtrack CD release. I always assumed it did exist. :shock:

They reuse GT stuff in the video games often enough, but I guess that's more a "need for material" sort of thing.
Toei have no real input as to whether GT content gets included in any kind of Dragon Ball video games. That's all down to Bandai.