Lyrics for O Tassha Poruka?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Crinchy

Lyrics for O Tassha Poruka?

Post by Crinchy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSGXvrQeXv4

It seems it would be humorous, but I can't find anything for it.

Crinchy

Re: Lyrics for O Tassha Poruka?

Post by Crinchy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:43 pm

The only reference I found to the meaning of this is that it's just polka music with Kohei (Roshi) singing creepily after the girls' verse. I wonder if this is correct?

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:47 am

O-tassha Polka (The Healthy Polka) was composed by Kohei Tanaka, arranged by Yasunori Iwasaki, and the lyrics were written by Sakiko Iwamuro. The lyrics sung by Mister Ichiro's Group (which would appear to be related to Ichiro Mizuki) are about boobs, but that's all I can tell. And then Kohei Miyauchi (as the Turtle Hermit) comes in and sings "I love them~ Oh, I love 'em so. I love them~ and I can't help it.". It's one of my favorite songs in the series -altho that's seriously a long list- but I'd still love to see it translated one day.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Crinchy

Post by Crinchy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:41 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:O-tassha Polka (The Healthy Polka) was composed by Kohei Tanaka, arranged by Yasunori Iwasaki, and the lyrics were written by Sakiko Iwamuro. The lyrics sung by Mister Ichiro's Group (which would appear to be related to Ichiro Mizuki) are about boobs, but that's all I can tell. And then Kohei Miyauchi (as the Turtle Hermit) comes in and sings "I love them~ Oh, I love 'em so. I love them~ and I can't help it.". It's one of my favorite songs in the series -altho that's seriously a long list- but I'd still love to see it translated one day.
Thanks for clearing up, maybe a good translator will translate this piece (in full) as now I'm very interested in comprehending the humor.