Thoughts on this BOG fan edit?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DaimaoSoldier

Thoughts on this BOG fan edit?

Post by DaimaoSoldier » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:58 pm

<Link Removed by Moderator>

The Faulconer score is definitely a mixed bag in my eyes and it will never touch Kikuchi or most of the other Japanese composer's work but I was definitely intrigued by this fan edit and how it used many of his tracks like the iconic Vegeta final flash theme for the famous "That's my Bulma" scene. Overall I like the original Sumitomo score more(It was Sumitomo right?) but I definitely enjoyed this fan edit and if anyone can send me a link the version of Cha La they used in the end credits I would greatly appreciate it cause I actually prefer it to Flow's version.

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Thoughts on this BOG fan edit?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:08 am

As per rule #5 of the community guidelines, you can't post links to what basically amounts to full length episodes, specials or movies. Fan edits or otherwise.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:11 pm

DaimaoSoldier wrote:<Link Removed by Moderator>

The Faulconer score is definitely a mixed bag in my eyes and it will never touch Kikuchi or most of the other Japanese composer's work but I was definitely intrigued by this fan edit and how it used many of his tracks like the iconic Vegeta final flash theme for the famous "That's my Bulma" scene. Overall I like the original Sumitomo score more(It was Sumitomo right?) but I definitely enjoyed this fan edit and if anyone can send me a link the version of Cha La they used in the end credits I would greatly appreciate it cause I actually prefer it to Flow's version.
I'm familiar with the work, and I wasn't a fan. Whoever made it didn't seem very experienced at this type of project. The music was too loud. The placement was okay, but I have a hard time giving it too much credit, since I don't like those tracks anyway. I honestly don't have much to say about it, it's pretty much just Battle of Gods for nostalgia junkies.
Retired.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:40 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
pretty much just Battle of Gods for nostalgia junkies.
That's one perspective but if someone legitimately likes the Faulconer score, and simply thinks "what would it sound like in BoG?" that's not a nostalgia junkie (whatever thats supposed to mean)

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:48 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
That's one perspective but if someone legitimately likes the Faulconer score, and simply thinks "what would it sound like in BoG?" that's not a nostalgia junkie (whatever thats supposed to mean)
This isn't about the score itself, I'm giving my opinion on this particular fan-edit which, quite frankly, wasn't put together very well. At least on the technical side of things.
Retired.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:08 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
This isn't about the score itself, I'm giving my opinion on this particular fan-edit which, quite frankly, wasn't put together very well. At least on the technical side of things.
Yeah, it could've been better but some scenes really worked well imho. The biggest fault is probably only having access to a select score instead of hypothetical new pieces that Faulconer would create if he scored BoG.