What theme would fit the best for Cell?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

What theme would fit the best for Cell?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:16 pm

Like a theme song I suppose, but one that truly describes how dangerous he is to anything and anyone.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: What theme would fit the best for Cell?

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:43 pm

There's just something about "One Of These Days" by Pink Floyd that really seems to scream "Cell" to me. I'm gonna go with that!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:14 pm

Hate to say it, but I just find "Stronger" by Kanye West to fit Cell in some weird way. I just can't place my finger on my why. Maybe the smugness and arrogance of the song just kinda relates to how Cell character is. I dunno. It just gels for me. :)

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:24 pm

VegettoEX wrote:There's just something about "One Of These Days" by Pink Floyd that really seems to scream "Cell" to me. I'm gonna go with that!
I'm sure it does thanks to a particular music indecent. :lol:

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:22 pm

I don't want Cell to have a theme that's not Kikuchi. Kikuchi was able to compose great themes for everything Dragon Ball including Cell and I personally don't think there needs to be a different theme.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:13 am

floofychan333 wrote:I don't want Cell to have a theme that's not Kikuchi. Kikuchi was able to compose great themes for everything Dragon Ball including Cell and I personally don't think there needs to be a different theme.
It's awfully narrow-minded to think that Kikuchi is the only possible choice.

...that being said, I can't think of a non-Kikuchi theme that I'd want.
Retired.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:47 am

floofychan333 wrote:I don't want Cell to have a theme that's not Kikuchi. Kikuchi was able to compose great themes for everything Dragon Ball including Cell and I personally don't think there needs to be a different theme.
Technically, that material was composed for movie villains (Meta Cooler and the movie Androids specifically). Cell never really had a proper theme composed specifically for him in the original score.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:45 am

I'm normally not much of a Bruce Faulconer fan, but Team Four Star's remix of his Funimation theme is pretty great.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:17 pm

This theme fits the sinister aura of Cell the most: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91-l_XAhue0

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LmcAN5t_Ps - Big the Budo Theme (perfect power, warped sense of honor, intelligence, etc.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWZUIYbysfo - Kazuya's Theme
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:56 pm

VegettoEX wrote:There's just something about "One Of These Days" by Pink Floyd that really seems to scream "Cell" to me. I'm gonna go with that!
That's one of my favourites! Especially the live version from Delicate Sound of Thunder.

As for Cell, nothing tops M1308 I just cannot imagine any other music piece playing, when I think "Cell".

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:29 pm

Actually... I realize Godsmack - Awake is the best fit. It catches the essence of Cell in his incomplete stages.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:39 pm

I think The Man Called "C" from the first Budokai that plays during the final battle with Cell fits pretty well.
Freeza9000 wrote:This theme fits the sinister aura of Cell the most: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91-l_XAhue0
Looks like Dragon Ball has its own "Darude - Sandstorm". :P
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:30 am

Freeza9000 wrote:This theme fits the sinister aura of Cell the most: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91-l_XAhue0
Terrible joke. I really like this theme :(
It's like Goku's DBS theme to me.

Just look at this and tell me it isn't badass Cell at his finest. At least when it comes to Perfect Cell, I think "News of the Cell Games" is by far the most fitting. Plus the song is pretty cool by itself!
These insert songs are like one of the only reasons I watched Kai in Japanese in the first place.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.