Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rook8z8

Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku

Post by Rook8z8 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:28 pm

----------
Last edited by Rook8z8 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku

Post by TheGodfather93 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:24 am

This song is one of the very few things I liked about GT. Have two versions of it on my phone.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:20 am

Hell yes, Dan Dan is my favourite opening theme of all time, not just Dragon Ball-related.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:24 pm

It's an awesome song. Whic version is your favorite, TC?

SsjRavi

Post by SsjRavi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:19 am

I have always loved that song!

I only recently found out that Izumi Sakai from ZARD wrote the original lyrics of Dan Dan for Field of View and covered the song herself later.
"No. A sword is a weapon. Kenjutsu is the art of killing. Whatever pretty words you use to speak of it, this is its true nature. What Miss Kaoru says are the words of one who has never dirtied her hands. An idealistic joke. But, I like Miss Kaoru's idealism better than its true nature. If one can ask so much, I want the world to accept this joke as its true nature."
- Himura Kenshin

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:04 am

It's cute, I thought the coordination between the song and visuals worked pretty well. I don't care much about the music itself, it's nothing special.
Retired.