When/Where do you find yourself listening to DB music the most?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

When/Where do you find yourself listening to DB music the most?

Post by RoarkVegeta » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:18 pm

For me, my job requires me to drive for 90% of the time (pizza delivery), so when I get bored of listening to 80's music on Spotify on my phone, I've got an ol' 120 GB iPod classic that I've got loaded up with tons of Dragon Ball music (and since it's me, every single Journey bootleg out there).

I also typically will turn on some Kikuchi BGM when I'm sitting in the library studying, like I should be right now.. :oops:

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: When/Where do you find yourself listening to DB music the most?

Post by floofychan333 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:33 pm

I'm always chilling in my room listening to Kikuchi BGMs and opening/closing themes uploaded on YouTube. Who needs a life when you've got Shunsuke Kikuchi?
(I'm kidding, you can have a life and like Kikuchi, but my statement is coming from a guy who's screwing around on Kanzenshuu instead of having a romantic evening on Valentine's Day.)
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:44 am

Dragon Ball's BGM is part of my musical rotation while working, too. Aside from that, I'll probably play something in the background for the sake of it.

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:52 am

I play select songs from the five-disc Daizenshuu set anywhere, if I'm in the mood. As for where I find myself most often listening to Kikuchi's majesty, safe to say it's in my car. Ten speakers and a sub do the man some justice... though, that'll be changing to a basic four speaker set up soon. Sometimes... you have to give up the things you love, kids.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:13 am

Really depends on my mood. If I real high on DB, fuck yeah, I'll waste 12 minutes rocking out to it. But that's pretty rare, if I'm listening to music, it's mostly from my Spotify playlist, which has no DB songs.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:24 am

While exercising-training mostly.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:54 pm

youtube at everytime. Right now also. And I just found Mark de Groot's new Limit Break x Survivor. I also love his Chouzetsu Dainamikku and listened to it very often by now.

Limit Break x Survivor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QECMtbc9f-E
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

lunaticthegame

Post by lunaticthegame » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:49 pm

When I spend time writing.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:13 pm

At the gym mostly. I can't lie, a lot of DBZ music and speeches really help me push through my workouts. I had the Hyperbolic Time Chamber theme playing the other day and it really made me feel like I was in there bro!

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:51 pm

I listen to the original Dragon Ball music rarely, only in my room, only on my vintage Hi Fi gear and only after establishing specific Dragon Ball atmosphere (watching fragments of anime, reading manga, bringing back memories).

Kind of specific conditions :D

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:20 pm

Whenever I'm walking to work. Listening to Dragon Ball's energy filled ballads give me the proper composition to get through the regular 12 hours shifts I deal with at the hospital I work in.