So apparently Shunsuke Kikuchi is still composing...

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: So apparently Shunsuke Kikuchi is still composing...

Post by Ripper 30 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:24 am

SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:
SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:I've seen it split everywhere.
And what are you specifically referring to by "everywhere"?
Anywhere I have seen. Real life, Kanzenshuu, Reddit, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook... No matter where I go, I see people split on the issue. Some people like Kikuchi, some people like Faulconer. Some prefer Yamamoto or Sumitomo. Some are meh to all.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:No, most fans think he's great.
Simply that you believe Kikuchi is "great" doesn't mean "most fans" think the same way. I think he's meh. I prefer Faulconer. Some people hate Kikuchi, some people don't care. The only thing I can give you and the Polish guy are that you two love saying "my opinion is the popular one and the best one" without citing any sort of evidence for it. The only thing you personally have is that most people ended up hearing Kikuchi's score internationally. AFAIK, only the U.S., Canada, and the UK had replacement scores.
Kojiro Sasaki wrote:
SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:I could find a "serious majority of people" who think it is EXTREMELY horrible.
Not among people with good taste.
Interesting. I didn't know you were an authority on what is "good taste" and what isn't. Care to tell me what else people with "good taste" like?
I personally prefer Kikuchi's Score but In my opinion Faulconer is too much overrated for his music I mean I only found like 3 good tracks in it but still I found it completely unfitting, I remember first time watching YouTube Clip of FUNi Dub of Z and after noticing that American Dub has a different music I was like "Lol what's that low budget parody type ringtone music" and then I searched up Wiki and I confirmed that U.S. Dub had a replacement score and I just can't believe people praise him so much I found his music extremely bland, monotonous, obnoxious and loud and the problem is Jr doesn't add up anything to the show it maybe catchy but just doesn't have emotions in it like Kikuchi's Music had and for me it's all loud noises covering bad voice of FUNimation in Old days I mean, I tried watching Piccolo's Power up against No.17 without his music and it was like this : https://youtu.be/Pecagiy35Z8
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30