What was AB involvement with Dragon Ball's score?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kevoso96

What was AB involvement with Dragon Ball's score?

Post by kevoso96 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:23 pm

I heard they even had something to do with the music in the games distributed across Europe. What was the length of their involvement?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: What was AB involvement with Dragon Ball's score?

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:30 pm

The one little tidbit of info I know for sure is that they released their own separate version of the first Super Butoden arranged soundtrack which is all the exact same music, except re-orchestrated AGAIN with their own instruments/programming... which seems totally bizarre and pointless to me.

Other than that, I don't know what else they possibly could have any real influence on. Was there something about movies 12 and 13 having swapped BGM at some point maybe...?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:55 am

Mike, I think he was referring to the rumors about AB holding the rights to the original Kikuchi soundtrack across Europe and how it forced Bandai to use replacement scores across Budokai Tenkaichi and beyond.

Also, Movie 12 did feature Movie 13's score for some reason. I vividly remember hearing Tapion's theme in their dub of Fusion Reborn.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:46 pm

IIRC, AB screened movies 12 and 13 together in French theatres. Maybe that had something to do with they changing movie 12's musical score: that carried on to other versions which used AB's materials.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts