Looking for DB Movie 2 Soundtrack

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bluemoon93

Looking for DB Movie 2 Soundtrack

Post by bluemoon93 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:47 am

I'm looking for the soundtrack for Dragon Ball: Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle.

It is shown at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hZ24iE4dLA:

I could download from youtube, but I'd like the high quality versions (if they exist). Any tips on where to find them?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Looking for DB Movie 2 Soundtrack

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:55 pm

The item you've linked to specifically identifies some of those tracks as "unreleased"; you're not going to get any higher-quality than what folks have been able to extract from surround tracks on FUNimation home releases and any Japanese Laserdiscs with music-only tracks. If you want the highest-quality source material from those, you'll have to obtain those products and perform your own rips and recordings.

As for released tunes from that film, they're included on the fifth disc (track 3) of the 1994 Daizenshuu set.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:51 pm

Only the following tracks from the second Dragon Ball movie were released:

1. M401
2. M402-2
3. M406-2
4. M411
5. M420
6. M424EXT
7. M437
8. M438
9. M441-1
10. M442-2

They can be found on the 5CD Daizenshū set: Discs 2 and 5.
VegettoEX wrote:(...) and any Japanese Laserdiscs with music-only tracks.
It's a shame that Dragon Ball movies were not released on Laserdiscs... :cry: It would be great to have access to music-only tracks of those movies.

But don't worry - Columbia will release the complete Kikuchi score. Extremely determined and very influential people are now working on this project 8)

Toriyama-sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Toriyama-sama » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Kojiro Sasaki wrote:But don't worry - Columbia will release the complete Kikuchi score. Extremely determined and very influential people are now working on this project 8)
That's awesome! :o
Please, do keep us posted! :thumbup: (Unless, of course, you find that would somehow hinder the chances of this project seeing the light of day.)

By the way, would Tokunaga's GT score come next?

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Toriyama-sama wrote:By the way, would Tokunaga's GT score come next?
As for now, we haven't done a single thing concerning GT score (not mentioning one attempt to contact ZAIN Records / Being Group)
But if economy will not collapse, if there will be no war and if we will have free time to work on this - we will definitely do something about it :D People who are working on this project, including me, LOVE Tokunaga score.

Toriyama-sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Toriyama-sama » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:45 pm

Looking forward to it! Good luck :)

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:27 pm

Check out Mugiwalarge's channel to see the individual released BGMs. I think they're mostly there.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:58 am

Kojiro Sasaki wrote: But don't worry - Columbia will release the complete Kikuchi score. Extremely determined and very influential people are now working on this project 8)
Your tone here suggests you're personally involved. Interesting.