"Dragon Ball Super" Official Music Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Music Discussion Thread

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:49 pm

There are 2 tracks from Super that didn't get released at all. The first one is from episode 52 when Gohan becomes Great Saiyaman and the second one is from episode 91 when Brianne de Chateau appears for the first time.
https://youtu.be/oO1dB7IM8KM?t=78
https://youtu.be/H_uF7wkiWWY?t=9
IGhostUlt wrote:Does anybody know the name to the song that runs from 0:22 until 1:21 in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl_nItX6YF8
That's an unreleased soundtrack from Kai:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8uxRR3PNOk

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:06 pm

Has track 18 "Triumphal Return" been used in the show yet? I can't really recall that one.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:05 am

Man, out of all of Sumitomo's Dragon Ball cd's, this is by far the best one yet. So many amazing tracks.

Kai TFC soundtrack cd - 5/10

Battle of Gods soundtrack cd - 8/10

Resurrection 'F' soundtrack cd - 7/10

Super vol.1 cd - 4/10

Super vol.2 cd - 9.5/10.

Just absolutely amazing. Especially Chozetsu Dynamic!(Defeat Ver). Tragedy that was never used in the show.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:23 am

Finally gave a full listen at the vol.2 ost... man... they really butchered Sumitom's score in the anime, amazing pieces weren't used or were cut up in length like "The Mortals' Hymn" or even had instrument removal like "Distant Journey". Some other pieces would have worked amazingly... Still the score in the anime has been excelent, but damn, the actual tracks on the CD are MILES better. Seriously guys, give it a listen.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

yugidmx5
Not-So-Newbie

Post by yugidmx5 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:28 pm

I really enjoyed listening to the vol.2. It had much better pieces than vol.1, pity some of the great ones weren't used. Also, too bad they didn't release the Ultimate Battle Guitar version, I enjoyed that one a lot on the show.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:36 pm

I'm the only who think some fan recreated tracks are better than the original?

Example: Dangerous New Enemy is better than the originally called Fitfist Battle
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:36 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:I'm the only who think some fan recreated tracks are better than the original?

Example: Dangerous New Enemy is better than the originally called Fitfist Battle
That original version vid is really low quality, the real one is absolutely amazing and better, that said, every pokemixr92 recreation is absolutely amazing as well, he always does an amazing job.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:45 pm

I agree ^

The track named "The Boy's Adventure" what was supposed to be? Something related to an episode about Goten and Trunks in the island that never aired?

by Doctor.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:38 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:I agree ^

The track named "The Boy's Adventure" what was supposed to be? Something related to an episode about Goten and Trunks in the island that never aired?
They might have some little scene in the last two episodes, or maybe they were planning something and didn't go with it because of the two marathons during this "season."

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:35 am

I edited "A Secret Plan with One's Life On The Line" just like the original anime version (For the Beam Clash of Kale and Caulifla vs Pride Troopers) in my opinion it sounds MUCH more badass than with the long piano intro. Since it's a fan edit I firgured I could put it in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk4WoRA ... ture=share

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:59 am

It is amazing just how hard Sumitomo dropped the synths on this second volume. They are like almost nowhere to be found. They were everywhere in the first volume.

What a fantastic soundtrack. If you told me that someone else composed the music for Super in the Future Trunks arc and onwards I would've believed you. It's such a huge improvement from what we got previously.

Also, 'Dream Tag Match' kicks so much ass. It's just behind 'The Final Death-Match' for my favourite track.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:17 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:It is amazing just how hard Sumitomo dropped the synths on this second volume. They are like almost nowhere to be found. They were everywhere in the first volume.

What a fantastic soundtrack. If you told me that someone else composed the music for Super in the Future Trunks arc and onwards I would've believed you. It's such a huge improvement from what we got previously.

Also, 'Dream Tag Match' kicks so much ass. It's just behind 'The Final Death-Match' for my favourite track.
Sumitomo has really improved since Kai and I enjoyed seeing his growth as well as the animators on Super.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:19 pm

There are some similar tracks like "The Wall Before One's Eyes" and "Strongarm Battle", I think my favorite is "Instant-Kill Battle" aka #17's theme

by Doctor.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:07 am

Listening to the music in OST 2 of Super, I'm actually leaning on putting Sumitomo's later music of Super right next to Tokunaga's GT music as my favorite in the franchise. The battle music is so catchy and gets me pumped.

The Wall Before One's Eyes is probably my favorite Dragon Ball battle theme of all now, that saxophone is too good.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Xehanort

Post by Xehanort » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:30 am

I'm still very pissed off about the fact there's no instrumental version of Ultimate Battle (except for that shitty karaoke version) :evil:
"I think it's only fair that I should warn you guys. You dont stand a chance against me.", Future Trunks

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Xehanort wrote:I'm still very pissed off about the fact there's no instrumental version of Ultimate Battle (except for that shitty karaoke version) :evil:
This is the karaoke version?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdsv_f_XxCU

Xehanort

Post by Xehanort » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:25 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Xehanort wrote:I'm still very pissed off about the fact there's no instrumental version of Ultimate Battle (except for that shitty karaoke version) :evil:
This is the karaoke version?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdsv_f_XxCU
Yup. If you listen and compare it to the one that plays in 110, you can clearly notice the verse is lacking the guitar riffs.
"I think it's only fair that I should warn you guys. You dont stand a chance against me.", Future Trunks

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:23 am

Who else thought that the last ending song to Super should've been A 70cm Squared Window? Because when you really listen to it, specifically the full song, it actually sounds like the perfect final ending to this series. And it really sucks that it isn't. Thoughts?
Caulifla best girl! :)

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:12 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Who else thought that the last ending song to Super should've been A 70cm Squared Window? Because when you really listen to it, specifically the full song, it actually sounds like the perfect final ending to this series. And it really sucks that it isn't. Thoughts?
But also speaking about the lyrics, you say?

by Doctor.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:28 am

I'm in total agreement. I was hoping it would have that version. In 110 the part where Goku walks towards Jiren while deflecting Toppo's blasts was great. The trumpets! Also the gentle and low sounds playing when the Zeno's are talking about Goku, it was so soothing. I was so mad when i hear that this specific instrumental version wasn't available.