Is the English instrumental opening supposed to be a remix of Cha-La Head-Cha-La?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Is the English instrumental opening supposed to be a remix of Cha-La Head-Cha-La?

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:40 pm

If that's a remix of Chala, then it's probably the worst remix I've ever heard for anything. Clearly Faulconer productions didn't realize that a remix actually has to sound like the original song if it's supposed to be a remix. Is it or isn't it?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Is the English instrumental opening supposed to be a remix of Cha-La Head-Cha-La?

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:42 pm

It's definitely not a remix. Where did you even get the idea?

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: Is the English instrumental opening supposed to be a remix of Cha-La Head-Cha-La?

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:44 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:It's definitely not a remix. Where did you even get the idea?
I think I read it on the DB Wiki or saw it written somewhere.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:00 am

floofychan333 wrote:
MasenkoHA wrote:It's definitely not a remix. Where did you even get the idea?
I think I read it on the DB Wiki or saw it written somewhere.
That's why. The Dragon Ball Wikia is full of misinformation. I wouldn't trust it.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:24 pm

floofychan333 wrote:Clearly Faulconer productions didn't realize that a remix actually has to sound like the original song if it's supposed to be a remix.
Menza made the theme, not Faulconer and his team.

Beek King
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Beek King » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:55 pm

...Huh? Someone at DB wiki thought that composition sounds anywhere close to Cha-La Head-Cha-La? Whatever, still more accurate info than on Polish DB wiki.

I find that unlikely in any case anyway because I doubt Faulconer productions even listened to the Kikuchi soundtrack.
Do whatever you like, ghost.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Beek King wrote:...Huh? Someone at DB wiki thought that composition sounds anywhere close to Cha-La Head-Cha-La? Whatever, still more accurate info than on Polish DB wiki.

I find that unlikely in any case anyway because I doubt Faulconer productions even listened to the Kikuchi soundtrack.
It's not even Faulconer who did the Season Set Opening either.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:10 pm

Beek King wrote:...Huh? Someone at DB wiki thought that composition sounds anywhere close to Cha-La Head-Cha-La? Whatever, still more accurate info than on Polish DB wiki.

?
They weren't trying to sound like Kikuchi obviously. They were just trying to make a "cool" score to keep the average North American kid interested and in my opinion comissioning that score is like spitting on Kikuchi-sensei's face. The man put in a spectacular job composing for a variety of instruments and they replace him with 4 guys with electric guitars and a synthesizer?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:41 pm

The opening, assuming its the one I'm thinking of,
would be less for kids and more for the slighltly older crowd since its for the uncut release.

Beek King
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Beek King » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:00 am

floofychan333 wrote:

?
They weren't trying to sound like Kikuchi obviously. They were just trying to make a "cool" score to keep the average North American kid interested and in my opinion comissioning that score is like spitting on Kikuchi-sensei's face. The man put in a spectacular job composing for a variety of instruments and they replace him with 4 guys with electric guitars and a synthesizer?
That's what I'm saying, it was the practice back then. The voice actors didn't listen to the original Japanese performances of their own characters either. Replacement scores are a thing of the past now.
Do whatever you like, ghost.