Feedback. Kai's OP/ED. JPN or International?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Feedback. Kai's OP/ED. JPN or International?

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:51 am

I'd like to get some fan feedback for an upcoming Kai Final Chapters edit I'm considering making. Which do people usually prefer?

OP: Fight It Out vs Kuu Zen Zetsu Go
Recap music: Same as above
NEP music: Never Give Up vs Kuu Zen Zetsu Go
ED: Never Give Up vs JPN's 5 different ED's.

Did people like Kai's ED changing or would they prefer one solid ED? Does Fight It Out fit the first half of the arc and then switch to Kuu Zen Zetsu Go for the second half? Give me your thoughts on which you prefer in regards to the music differences in JPN and International Final Chapters! Or do you not care and wish it was all just We Gotta Power and We Were Angels? That is also an acceptable response I guess.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Re: Feedback. Kai's OP/ED. JPN or International?

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:44 pm

"Kuu zen zetsu go" above everything else. It's an amazing song. My second favorite DB opening after "Limit Break x Survivor"

SoundVox

Re: Feedback. Kai's OP/ED. JPN or International?

Post by SoundVox » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:25 pm

The international op and ED are literally my only problem with TFC dub, I enjoy it until every time I have to skip them. I was hoping to hear a dubbing attempt for Kuu Zen Zetsu Go by Vic Mignognna. Fight it out is just so low energy, it feels like an ending masquerading as an opening. The ending isn't really a BAAAAD song , but it just feels so darn out of place, and man do I dislike the lyrics. Kuu Zen Zetsu Go is one of my favorite Dragon Ball songs, along with the last ending "Don't Let Me Down" being a nice tribute to all the Tenkaichi Budokais in the series, and as a way of fore"hind"shadowing Uub and what he means to Dragon Ball.

Kuu Zen Zetsu Go feels like a Dragon Ball song, through and through. And the thought people on Toonami get FIO instead is bad enough, but I was hoping the bluray would be an exception.