Interview with Norihito Sumitomo (2017)

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Interview with Norihito Sumitomo (2017)

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:37 pm

From The J-Pop Exchange:
Interview with Norihito Sumitomo
A dynamic composer, Mr. Sumitomo composed music for Gran Turismo 5, several Dragon Ball Z movies, the TV series Dragon Ball Z Kai (Majin Buu Saga) and Dragon Ball Super. Additionally, Mr. Sumitomo has worked as a music supervisor for the movie Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Interview with Norihito Sumitomo (2017)

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:30 pm

I had no idea that Sumitomo spoke such fluent English.

Cool interview.

TeeHallums

Post by TeeHallums » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I had no idea that Sumitomo spoke such fluent English.

Cool interview.
Sumitomo actually schooled at Berklee School of Music, lived in America for a while!

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:12 pm

Terrible interview. Bad presentation, little interesting information, surprisingly good English. One of us should try to organize an interview with more interesting questions.
Retired.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:51 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Terrible interview. Bad presentation, little interesting information, surprisingly good English. One of us should try to organize an interview with more interesting questions.
Good idea, but I would like to know how organizing an interview would be possible. How would you go about organizing it?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:56 pm

floofychan333 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Terrible interview. Bad presentation, little interesting information, surprisingly good English. One of us should try to organize an interview with more interesting questions.
Good idea, but I would like to know how organizing an interview would be possible. How would you go about organizing it?
Hell if I know, I was just throwing the idea out there. I'm terrible at this kind of thing, but if someone is interested, I'm sure he has a public email, or social media, or something.
Retired.

sks*

Re: Interview with Norihito Sumitomo (from 2016)

Post by sks* » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Jinzoningen MULE:

What questions would you ask or like to have someone ask Mr. Sumitomo?

I am pretty sure that was part of a larger show (radio broadcast) that had more information.