Undiscovered/unreleased Kikuchi music?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

muhammedsabally8

Undiscovered/unreleased Kikuchi music?

Post by muhammedsabally8 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:43 pm

I've noticed a few unreleased bgms that nobody I saw on the internet posted about. An alternate version of m1008 which was unused in movie 3, but was used in episode 88 when goku remembered that freeza can't sense ki. Another one is an alternate version of m1611 that didn't play in movie 9, but was used in episode 237 when piccolo sliced babidi in half or in episode 201 when videl and the elderly were about to fall to their doom. Do any of you guys notice these? If so are there sites/links that have these tracks unripped?

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: Undescovered unreleased Kikuchi music?

Post by floofychan333 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:29 pm

Hmm, I don't recall these precisely but I would check out PopaLarge's channel for further research. He has a wide selection of unreleased BGMs though unfortunately not all of them. Still, it's worth a shot.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

muhammedsabally8

Re: Undescovered unreleased Kikuchi music?

Post by muhammedsabally8 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:01 pm

floofychan333 wrote:Hmm, I don't recall these precisely but I would check out PopaLarge's channel for further research. He has a wide selection of unreleased BGMs though unfortunately not all of them. Still, it's worth a shot.
The thing is that he doesn't have those tracks that I talked about. He only has the regular versions of them.

Acetona
Beyond Newbie

Re: Undiscovered/unreleased Kikuchi music?

Post by Acetona » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Oh my god, you're right!
that alternate M1008 is impossible to rip because internal mologues have reverb effects on Funi 5.1 audio, and they are on the music and sfx channel.

On the other hand, I think that M1611 can be ripped alright, but it's difficult to me to spot any differences. Could you tell me them?
キミもテイマーをめざせ!

muhammedsabally8

Post by muhammedsabally8 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:24 am

Acetona wrote:Oh my god, you're right!
that alternate M1008 is impossible to rip because internal mologues have reverb effects on Funi 5.1 audio, and they are on the music and sfx channel.

On the other hand, I think that M1611 can be ripped alright, but it's difficult to me to spot any differences. Could you tell me them?
Sorry for not replying earlier.There is a way to rip m1008 alternate easily. It played in the title card of the burdock special and has no dialogue in it. For m1611 alternate it's slower,longer and compared to the regular one it has some instruments missing/added in it. Listen to the past where piccolo cuts babidi in half and you'll see how different it sounds.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:31 am

is there a listing somewhere of all MXXX tracks for db dbz dbgt?

muhammedsabally8

Post by muhammedsabally8 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:32 am

HakkaiBills93 wrote:is there a listing somewhere of all MXXX tracks for db dbz dbgt?

I know three youtubers that have almost all of the bgm from db and z listed and they are PopaLarge,TheWorldDBZ and The Zestanor. I don't know about gt though.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:56 am

yes they ripped them from 5.1 tracks or some foreign release which have voiceless tracks but what i try to figure is how they can know for an unreleased tracks which number Mxxx it have , i know that some bgm cd have booklets which says this information for the tracks in the cd but i always wondered how they can say that an unreleased tracks is M701 or M2545 for example

muhammedsabally8

Post by muhammedsabally8 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:43 pm

HakkaiBills93 wrote:yes they ripped them from 5.1 tracks or some foreign release which have voiceless tracks but what i try to figure is how they can know for an unreleased tracks which number Mxxx it have , i know that some bgm cd have booklets which says this information for the tracks in the cd but i always wondered how they can say that an unreleased tracks is M701 or M2545 for example
All I know is that kikuchi's earlier tracks were named by letters then in the late hunt for the dragon ball arc the tracks were labeled the m0xx collection which is where they started using numbers. Then the early red ribbon arc they were labeled as the m1xx collection,then db movie one had tracks that were labeled m2xx,the late red ribbon arc m3xx,db movie 2 m4xx,piccolo m5xx and the numbers increased until the 13th dbz movie which was the last time kikuchi made music for dragon ball. A way they are able to know what specific number the track is called is when they watch the movie/episodes and they memorize what order all the tracks played and then labeled them. Example m901 which was the first track in dbz movie 2 and since dbz movie 2 was the 10th bgm collection to have numbers all the tracks were part of the m9xx collection. That's all I know. Here is a link for the listed tracks: http://kenisu.webs.com/dragonballbgm.htm

muhammedsabally8

Post by muhammedsabally8 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:48 pm

HakkaiBills93 wrote:yes they ripped them from 5.1 tracks or some foreign release which have voiceless tracks but what i try to figure is how they can know for an unreleased tracks which number Mxxx it have , i know that some bgm cd have booklets which says this information for the tracks in the cd but i always wondered how they can say that an unreleased tracks is M701 or M2545 for example
Though for some reason he didn't list the db movie tracks. --_--'.