So a blue-haired girl walks into a bar...

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

So a blue-haired girl walks into a bar...

Post by KBABZ » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am

Just thought I'd share this, which I found thanks to the magic of YouTube audio copyright claims telling me exactly what the claimed track is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZbFrTl_riA

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: So a blue-haired girl walks into a bar...

Post by kenisu3000 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:43 pm

Thanks a bunch! That audio bot can either be the bane of one's existence or the handiest thing ever; it's also how Zestanor found out that "Kame Sennin Rock" was actually an instrumental of "Boogaloo".

I'll have to update my documentation.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:50 pm

kenisu3000 wrote:Thanks a bunch! That audio bot can either be the bane of one's existence or the handiest thing ever; it's also how Zestanor found out that "Kame Sennin Rock" was actually an instrumental of "Boogaloo".

I'll have to update my documentation.
Ah! I sent you a message detailing that actually on your site! I also uploaded a vid with just the cool city audio from when Goku visits West City, but I hasn't gotten a hit on that one yet. But the audio bot is handy indeed; I used it to great utility to find various library music used in the Ratchet & Clank series (my other great love) for my Ultimate Soundtrack Collection.

I actually found that on the FUNi DVDs that they had Boogaloo playing when you visit the Audio settings on the DVDs. I believe in another place you can hear a complete and clean version of the Kinto'un/Nimbus theme, which was pretty awesome because that's one of my favourite pieces.

Also, thanks so much for that site! I used it to make a completely chronological tracklist of the Dragon Ball and DBZ Kai scores, which is something I've always wanted to have. It also helped me figure out where FUNimation removed insert songs, as I wanted to put them back in for my DBKai The First Chapters project.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:54 am

You're welcome! Yes, I love getting wonderful surprises when it comes to menu music on DVDs; before the Blue Bricks, there were the old two-disc sets for DragonBall, and occasionally you'd get an unreleased cue playing during the various menus, though it was often edited. I believe it's the only way to get a completely clean version of "King Gourmeth Flies Off The Handle" from Movie 1, and a good chunk of "The Wrath Of Tao Pai Pai" from Movie 3, two of my favorites.

I saw your email the other day so I plan on getting around to answering your question from it. Oh, and it may still be possible that the city cue was indeed created for DragonBall and wasn't just stock music.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:27 pm

kenisu3000 wrote:You're welcome! Yes, I love getting wonderful surprises when it comes to menu music on DVDs; before the Blue Bricks, there were the old two-disc sets for DragonBall, and occasionally you'd get an unreleased cue playing during the various menus, though it was often edited. I believe it's the only way to get a completely clean version of "King Gourmeth Flies Off The Handle" from Movie 1, and a good chunk of "The Wrath Of Tao Pai Pai" from Movie 3, two of my favorites.
Ah, cool! I have considered going through the Dragon Ball Funimation surround sound mix to mash various unreleased tracks together to get clean versions, as your site is a very handy way to figure out where all of them are. It'd be a big task though, and I wouldn't be able to cover Z as I don't own the Orange Bricks.
kenisu3000 wrote:I saw your email the other day so I plan on getting around to answering your question from it.
Oh cool, thanks! I think it's a relevant question considering that DBZ is such a big musical refresh to the point that it can be considered a separate score set entirely independent from Dragon Ball. I actually got to asking after I noticed that the Kikuche piece used for Kai's recaps in the Android/Cell portion had the King Piccolo theme in it, and the Podcast episode on favourite music pieces which pointed to a piece from the first DBZ movie that mixed in Makafushigi with Piccolo. Since I don't have a personal "chronologically organized" DBZ music folder like I do with DB, I kinda consider those more closely related to the DB score, and it'd be cool to listen to them alongside the DB stuff.
kenisu3000 wrote:Oh, and it may still be possible that the city cue was indeed created for DragonBall and wasn't just stock music.
That is a possibility. Again with the R&C comparison, the Groovitron tracks from the PS4 game don't get matched to anything on YouTube, implying that they're unique compositions. On the flip-side, it took ages for the Tiny Train music hit!