Is there a way to legally download insert songs and BGMs?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Is there a way to legally download insert songs and BGMs?

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:31 am

I don't think any of the BGMs or insert songs by Kikuchi or the original singers (Kageyama, Takahashi, etc) are available on iTunes but I hear people saying they're on their playlists. How can I get these on my playlist legally?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Is there a way to legally download insert songs and BGMs?

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:13 am

You can purchase the original CDs and rip them to whatever format you want.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:02 pm

VegettoEX wrote:You can purchase the original CDs and rip them to whatever format you want.
Thanks I didn't know that. I would just listen to them on Youtube.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:03 am

floofychan333 wrote:I don't think any of the BGMs or insert songs by Kikuchi or the original singers (Kageyama, Takahashi, etc) are available on iTunes but I hear people saying they're on their playlists. How can I get these on my playlist legally?
Sadly there's none of Kikuchi's score on iTunes (not even in Japan). There is some Dragon Ball stuff from the singers, tho, and luckily everything on the Japanese iTunes is also on the United Statesian iTunes. However, it's mostly just a few random albums. You'll probably want to buy the CDs. Check out the Music Database on Kanzenshuu and see which ones are for you. And if you don't like the idea of ripping/naming/etc all the tracks, you can just prove to me that you bought it and I can send you the already organized albums. You don't even want to know how long I spent on my Dragon Ball music... 418 songs... -_-
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."