US Versions of the Super-songs?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

US Versions of the Super-songs?

Post by songohan619 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:57 am

Hey! So, a friend of mine is watching the super-dub by downloading it illegaly (Yeah, I know), but the videos he downloads has english openings and endings, the ending is sung by MarkDeGroot (or something like that), and so is one of the endings. Is this official? Or are some fans just making versions of the dub-episodes with fan-openings and endings?

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Re: US Versions of the Super-songs?

Post by DHM211 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:43 am

songohan619 wrote:Hey! So, a friend of mine is watching the super-dub by downloading it illegaly (Yeah, I know), but the videos he downloads has english openings and endings, the ending is sung by MarkDeGroot (or something like that), and so is one of the endings. Is this official? Or are some fans just making versions of the dub-episodes with fan-openings and endings?
Who ever is uploading the Episodes of Super is just inserting MarkDeGroot's covers of the songs. On the Super Blurays, all the endings are dubbed and the Opening is left in Japanese.

candaceklein

Post by candaceklein » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:11 am

I have heard this song and it is really interesting. I like it because of sounding and performance
Hello to everybody here!

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:04 pm

He did, in fact, rerecord it for the English dub, but it ultimately went unused. I imagine it was licensing issues with the Engrish version that prevented his version from being used, so maybe these uploaders inserted his version into the dub because they felt he got cheated by circumstance.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube