Has anyone translated Ultimate Battle?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Has anyone translated Ultimate Battle?

Post by DSB » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:36 am

I really wanna understand the meaning of the lyrics

YonedgeHP
Regular

Re: Has anyone translated Ultimate Battle?

Post by YonedgeHP » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:04 pm

I translated the lyrics here in Spanish: http://es.dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Ky% ... _no_Battle

I don't know exactly how to translate the repeated words but eel free to translate it into English.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:41 pm

Has the full version been released yet? Or at least a version without the sound effects of the episode?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:47 am

YonedgeHP wrote:I translated the lyrics here in Spanish: http://es.dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Ky% ... _no_Battle

I don't know exactly how to translate the repeated words but eel free to translate it into English.
Too bad i dunno spanish

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:45 pm

This guy on reddit basically posted what the lyrics mean. Though, obviously with the recent episode there's more to it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/7 ... e/do3iii6/
This is the best I could do in terms of kanji without official lyrics to go off of. However, the lyrics do have meaning to them. Obviously, since this is the fight that DBS has been hyping up ever since the new OP came, the song touts this battle as the ultimate battle. The lines 意味はないさ(Imi wa nai sa)/戦うだけ(Tatakau dake) tell us that this fight has no real meaning to it, all there is is the fight itself. Later on, at the end of the version we hear in the episode, we get this part ザンザンザンザン残酷な(Zan zan zan zan zankoku na)/ジャンジャンビャンビャン宿命を笑え(Jan jan byan byan shukumei wo warae)/やがて自我が無になるまで(Yagate jiga ga mu ni naru made) which basically says that they'll keeping laughing at their cruel fate until their ego becomes nothing. At least, that's how I'm interpreting it.