Limit Break X Survivor - Greatest theme song of DB history?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Limit Break X Survivor - Greatest theme song of DB history?

Post by DSB » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Now that we have had it for a damn long time, its time we discuss this once and for all. IMO, this song has the ultra modernist vibe to it. And its Rock done right for DB [FU, Rock the Dragon]

Whats your opinion?

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Re: Limit Break X Survivor - Greatest theme song of DB history?

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:09 pm

cho-zets dynamic is a much better song imo
My English is poor .

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:13 pm

I don't know if it's my #1 but it's in the top 3 alongside the lone warrior from Kai and BOG's Flow song.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:19 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:cho-zets dynamic is a much better song imo

That shit one? That song was enough to ruin my wish to watch series. This song wants to to just see the intro over and over. even now

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:21 pm

I'm moving this to the "Music" sub-section of our forum. You may wish to browse around before posting threads to see if there is a more appropriate location for your discussion.

I like the song a lot, but I hesitate to start tossing it into any sort of Dragon Ball theme pantheon already. We've only had it in our lives for less than a year at this point — that's not really enough time to truly reflect and form any sort of long-lasting attachment to it the same way we've had with the franchise's wealth of other songs.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:27 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I'm moving this to the "Music" sub-section of our forum. You may wish to browse around before posting threads to see if there is a more appropriate location for your discussion.

I like the song a lot, but I hesitate to start tossing it into any sort of Dragon Ball theme pantheon already. We've only had it in our lives for less than a year at this point — that's not really enough time to truly reflect and form any sort of long-lasting attachment to it the same way we've had with the franchise's wealth of other songs.

Compare it to Chozetsu Dynamic at least...

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:38 pm

DSB wrote:
Hyena_Yamcha wrote:cho-zets dynamic is a much better song imo

That shit one? That song was enough to ruin my wish to watch series. This song wants to to just see the intro over and over. even now
actually it did the complete opposite to me , i guess we just have different opinions
My English is poor .

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:25 pm

I think so. It's incredibly vibrant, upbeat and represents Dragon Ball in its purest form with its abundance of energy. Plus, the animation in the opening is stunning.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:42 am

Limit Break X Survivor's great, but Cha-La Head-Cha-La is Dragon Ball's song, whether one likes it or not. It's not my favourite but there's just something about Kageyama-sensei's energetic voice that sounds like there's an actual SSJ singing it. The other singers are great but they just don't capture Kageyama's spirit (except for Hiroki Takahashi, who provides tremendous spirit but in a different way.)
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:17 am

I wouldn't put it over Dragon Soul and certainly not Cha-La, but it's a damn fine song nonetheless. It's pure pulse-pounding action, and it's probably the best of that kind of song to come out in a long time. The intro animation deserves credit as well. It hyped up the return of beloved characters and single-handedly got Jiren over, 10 months before he did anything substantial in the show.

Also, I'm a sucker for a good orchestral mix and the one they used for 109 and 118 was sweet.

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:59 am

It's a fantastic song and gets me pumped for Super every time, it's one of the better intros Dragon ball has had in ahwhile too.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:38 am

Music wise its a tie between Mystical Adventure,Bit By Bit I'm Falling Under Your Spell, Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go, and Limit Break X Survivor.

Animation wise, Limit Break X Survivor is definitely my favorite.

SoundVox

Post by SoundVox » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:41 am

Honestly I liked it better before the full version came out. Waiting so long for it allowed my mind to formulate what it would do, and some of the choices with the ending but of the full version disappointed me. But as an OP song, it's definitely a favorite of mine. It was such a surprise, and it made me excited to watch Dragon Ball. Chouzetsu was decent at best, but the vocals felt weak to me, while LBxS is the exact opposite for me, the vocals are a strength. Such enthusiasm throughout the song. My favorite DB theme is probably Kuu Zen Zetsu Go or Mystical Adventure (English Funimation version). I like the songs that have the essence of fun. LBxS fits into that mold for me.