Who would you like to be the new "Music Voice" of Dragon Ball?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Who would you like to be the new "Music Voice" of Dragon Ball?

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:23 pm

It has been my observation that, before Kai, Toei pretty much made one singer the "Music Voice" of the Dragon Ball franchise. It was briefly Hiroki Takahashi with the first anime, and then Hironobu Kageyama became the "Music Voice" for almost twenty years. Ever since then, Toei has seemingly opted for different singers on a case-by-case basis.

So, if it were up to you, what singer (or band, even) would be the "Music Voice" of the Dragon Ball franchise for the foreseeable future?

Barring a return of Hironobu Kageyama, who would be my first pick, I for one would pick Masatoshi Ono, who sang "Fight It Out," and "Let It Burn." In those two songs, he demonstrated both his ability to do a super-enthusiastic adventure song as well as an intense battle song, and I would have loved to have heard more from him. For all the dissapointments that Kai offered, I loved that it introduced me to one of my now-favorite Japanese singers.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Who would you like to be the new "Music Voice" of Dragon Ball?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:30 pm

My #1 choice would be Kageyama but that's a dream at this point.

I really like the TFC Kai singers too, and the singer for Limit Break X Survivor is awesome. It's hard to pick between those two.

Who sang the Heroes opening songs?

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:My #1 choice would be Kageyama but that's a dream at this point.

I really like the TFC Kai singers too, and the singer for Limit Break X Survivor is awesome. It's hard to pick between those two.

Who sang the Heroes opening songs?
Takayoshi Tanimoto.
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:42 am

Kiyoshi Hikawa. He's done a good job with Limit Break x Survivor.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:47 pm

floofychan333 wrote:Kiyoshi Hikawa. He's done a good job with Limit Break x Survivor.
I agree. Please Toei,bring back that man. He deserves one more good hit song before he goes.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.