Interview with Faulconer Productions Music composers

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Interview with Faulconer Productions Music composers

Post by cRookie_Monster » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:57 pm

We flew to Texas to do an interview with Geekdom101. This has been in the works for ages!
I know the crowd here is more Japanese score focused than ever, but some of you might still appreciate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAX1fr6NRd0
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Interview with Faulconer Productions Music composers

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:54 pm

This looks very interesting. As a big fan of the Faulconer Productions score I'll definitely be listening to this when I find the time.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:46 pm

No waaaaaaaay. This is one of those out there fan ideas that would never happen, and here we are! Now I have more past and present things of yours to look for!

I don't know what I expected you to sound like, Scott, but the reality was softer!
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:50 am

I'm not a fan of the faulconer score, doesn't mean I don't like a few of the themes but this was pretty cool :D
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:06 pm

you're cool .
My English is poor .

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:21 am

It was a great interview! Thanks for posting! I love seeing everyone together to discuss their careers and of course Dragon Ball music! Really great stuff!! I really love how honest everyone is. Mr Morgan, thanks for helping put this all together.

It would be kind of neat to do an interview with Ron Wasserman as well. Scott, it seems you know Ron? It would be an idea to have you, Ron, with Geekdom hosting talking about the Dragon Ball music scene in the mid to late 90s.

Long awaited and a very great interview :D
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:11 pm

Thanks guys! Re:Attitudefan. I've never met Ron Wasserman, just learned about him here on this forum actually.

It would be super cool to have a joint interview with him.
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:20 am

cRookie_Monster wrote:Thanks guys! Re:Attitudefan. I've never met Ron Wasserman, just learned about him here on this forum actually.

It looks like you had a lot of fun doing the interview! I hope it reaches many people!! Your co-workers weren't kidding that you have god-like guitar skills. I try to share your work with everyone! Even my music friends think you have godly skill :D

Oh, interesting. Ditto for me on Wasserman. This forum has unlocked the secrets of Dragonball :lol:
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Great interview! It's funny because as a kid, nobody I knew at the time really thought about music as anything more as this thing that just happens during the series. It's nice to see the faces and personalities behind those works. Thank you (to the three of you) for taking the time to clue us fans in on who you guys are, not just as contributors to Dragon Ball, but as people!

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:01 pm

Fantastic interview. I loved how Mike was legitimately confused about if there were a script or not. :lol:

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:10 pm

It's always interesting to get a little of the behind-the-scenes stuff behind the localization of a beloved franchise, much appreciated! It's amazing how much things have changed from your late 90s/early 00s era dubbing to now.
cRookie_Monster wrote:Thanks guys! Re:Attitudefan. I've never met Ron Wasserman, just learned about him here on this forum actually.

Attitudefan wrote:It looks like you had a lot of fun doing the interview! I hope it reaches many people!! Your co-workers weren't kidding that you have god-like guitar skills. I try to share your work with everyone! Even my music friends think you have godly skill :D

Oh, interesting. Ditto for me on Wasserman. This forum has unlocked the secrets of Dragonball :lol:
As an old Power Rangers fan, you couldn't avoid Ron Wasserman's amazing music:

https://ronwasserman.bandcamp.com/album ... gers-redux

I don't think you could go far in America without finding someone who remembers that awesome theme song (not to mention the other great PR themes he did and insert songs, back when PR still did insert songs). Wish Saban would get him back for the newer shows.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:15 pm

Mewzard wrote:
As an old Power Rangers fan, you couldn't avoid Ron Wasserman's amazing music:

https://ronwasserman.bandcamp.com/album ... gers-redux

I don't think you could go far in America without finding someone who remembers that awesome theme song (not to mention the other great PR themes he did and insert songs, back when PR still did insert songs). Wish Saban would get him back for the newer shows.
The newer Saban Brand shows might be watchable if they Wasserman's music and better, well, eveything.

It was too bad they never much with insert songs for Power Rangers after season 2.Season 2 had like a number of insert songs on rotation. Then season 3 had just the one. Like Reverse Digimon where they went from one insert song to like half a dozen

Then Zeo I think only had one or two. Then Turbo had...2? And I think they stopped from In Space onwards?