Onepixcel's Lagrima trailer

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Onepixcel's Lagrima trailer

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:50 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP2EYBxkea8

Honestly, this is my favorite ending song of Super already. I never understood what's so special about the 70 cm2 window song. This one is just fun.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Onepixcel's Lagrima trailer

Post by Asura » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:59 pm

It sounds like a very generic J-pop song that doesn't fit the tone of the show, and definitely not the tone of the arc, especially where we're at in the final fight. Very confused as to the reasoning behind this song choice, at least Boogie Back matched thematically in its ending with Bulma, but this song has such a terrible ending in terms of visuals that it doesn't even have that excuse to make up for it.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Yamamuro's terrible visuals are the problem. With so many Ending themes there ought to be some variety, especially to match the songs. There's no reason the characters could have been in a varied number of casual situations and garments for this Ending.
She/Her๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’œ ๐Ÿ’™
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:50 pm

Song's catchy but it doesn't really feel like it's appropriate for this part of the arc. I think it and Haruka should have switched places. The visuals for the first half of the ending are fine enough but boy does it really go pear-shaped after the arena shows up.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:51 pm

JulieYBM wrote:There's no reason the characters could have been in a varied number of casual situations and garments for this Ending.
While that would fit the song more, it would feel even more out of place due to where we are in the arc right now.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:34 am

Asura wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:There's no reason the characters could have been in a varied number of casual situations and garments for this Ending.
While that would fit the song more, it would feel even more out of place due to where we are in the arc right now.
If tone was an issue they'd make greater attempts at being artistic with how they place the OP and ED.
She/Her๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’œ ๐Ÿ’™
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:31 pm

The song was very generic and it had a terrible visual.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:21 pm

the song is really good, far better than the Boogie Back, but the images shown doesn't appeal me.

Anyway, i want to hear the entire song.