The only list of Dragon Ball cassette tapes

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

tronk21
Not-So-Newbie

The only list of Dragon Ball cassette tapes

Post by tronk21 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi, I'm doing a blog on Dragon Ball Japanese cassette tapes. This is the only list available on the Internet.

Just like kenisu3000's BGM site serves as a great reference to Kikuchi's tracks, mine will be a guide through all the cassette tapes I think exist for the franchise in its original language. Hence I don't have any qualms about providing the link to my site. You will find it useful when you're browsing through Internet auctions and you stumble across a DB tape and want more info and photos than what is provided in the given auction. Also, some cassettes don't have their CD equivalents, like "Drama tapes" featuring audio tracks for Dragon Ball Z episode 2, DBZ Movies: 1, 2, 4 and 6 and some of the original DB song compilation Koro-chan Pack sets. And finally, DB music database feels incomplete without information on and photos of cassette tapes so that's a site for some of perfectionists that want to know every version of every release. In other words, that's a blog for crazy people like me.

The site has all of the release dates and catalogue numbers when they are known to me. You can also find track lists when available. Finally the blog has a plethora of photos of the musical releases! The photos I acquired from various auctions and sales of those tapes from all over the Internet, pictures which I saved in the period of roughly 4 years. The source of most photos are Yahoo! Japan Auctions. Apart from pictures taken from listings, I've put a small amount of photos from pekindbz's blog: http://pekindbz.blog90.fc2.com/. These are his photos and I don't intend in anyway pretend that the pictures are my creation. The credit is fully his. I've decided to enrich my site with his photos for the database to be as complete as possible, nothing more. I hope this is morally O.K., well it doesn't feel very wrong to me. Lastly, I have 10 of those gems of tapes myself (had one more, sold it but had managed to take pictures before selling it). Also, I've ordered one more tape (tape number 5 on my list) so I will make photos of it once it arrives to my house. So in other words, the photos of 12 tapes will be of significantly higher quality than the other ones. As of now please see tapes number 3, 11, 14 and 16. These are my own photos! There will be more of those as I'm still in the process of making this blog.

There will be 92 tapes in my site and I don't want to set any deadlines I can't keep, but I think it's safe to assume that I can manage to put 4 posts with tapes a day. So it should be done in a month maximally.

Without further ado, I present to you the one and only Dragon Ball cassette tape list out there:

http://matela.stronazen.pl/

I hope you enjoy my work. Feel free to ask any questions, and I will answer if it's within my knowledge.